Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

It's early. But if there was no good ones available they will take a pass and draft one high. The big tight end Pitts looks more and more like the game changer they need. I hope they move and select him with their #1 and the guard at #20 whatever.

2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Teams are calling to trade for cj moesley thats the rumors on nfl.com, i wonder whats his value

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When you see rumors like that there are two likely sources:

1. Mosley's reps are trying to get him out of NY by raising the spectacle of a trade.

2. The Jets want to trade Mosley and they are trying to bait offers by spreading the rumor.

The thing that is almost never in play when you see rumors like this is that teams are actually calling the Jets about Mosley.

blackssmagic and azhar80 like this.
  4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Lol there are so many players in free agency left. Like.... so many players. And most will come cheap. Just relax. The jets will add more

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That's steep for Aglohor is it not? I think me hoping to get Samuel for 10m has taken a big knock eek

#465 K'OB, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    blackssmagic and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. K'OB

Why do you keep saying 2-14 team. That was last season.
    Maybe if we are going after these players and they take a call off JD and he says we are aiming for XYZ players. Ultimately, are we going to be a 2 win team next season? No.
    Will we win the superbowl?
    Also a no but we will see vast improvement next season, how much so is dependent on these players buying JD's dream and not yours of a 2 win team

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let's see what day #2 holds!

BacktoQueens and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  8. K'OB

Because unlike you they may think we are a team about to turn the corner and finally do something for a fucking change.

We may not but now is the time of year to hope, by week three you are welcome to come along with your dolly downer posts and told you so's ;)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Depends how much GTD is tied into year 2 I guess. And yeah Samuels will prob be around 12-13 and JuJu around 14?

K'OB likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thuney aside, the signings from yesterday display to me a clear direction instead of previous years when GMs were trying to splash signings onto the back page. Each player looks to have been targeted for their specific fit for the new schemes as important as their skill level instead of ratings and skill levels coming first (Macc).

Looking forward to whatever comes today.

blackssmagic, Brook!, jilozzo and 9 others like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

TGG: Well done JD on not splashing out on headline signings.

16th March: Jets sign Ryan Kalil to multi-year $100mn contract.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you. My thinking is if we sign two receivers he will probably be cut. So we signed Davis. Lets see if we sign Samuel or Juju. If so I think he'll be cut.

That being said it is crazy to think. He's a reliable receiver who is really good. At 10 million not overpaid and would help the offense. Not sure why just feel the team wants to move on. If we don't sign another receiver and draft one I think Crowder stays. If we sign another I think he'll be cut. The next few days will tell.

13. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

If nothing else at least Douglas has converted @abyzmul to a pseudo-optimist. So he's got that going for him...

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This just means that the Jets will have the right players when they get their asses kicked.

Brook!, jilozzo, Centiment and 3 others like this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I say 2-14 team because it is really rare for a team as bad as the Jets were last season not to have issues this season.

If you want to get your hopes up, well hope springs eternal, but don't turn that into JD sucks later on if the Jets actually have another full rebuilding year ahead of them in 2021. The Jets are most likely to win between 3-7 games this year.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We have $50.3 million in cap left after yesterday. We need to allocate around $12 million for rookies.

Still a lot to spend! Let's get it!

17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

How much of that 100mn to Kalil is fully guaranteed though? That is where the rubber really meets the road.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Alright now that I'm off the ledge here's my take on what we did and what I am looking for.

Jarrad Davis - He's a fine signing I guess. I view him as more of a project with upside in the system than anything. But I do wonder if the Jets view him as more and if they are going to deal Moseley. I say this because he was our very first signing, indicating he was a priority to get in the building. And there has to be a reason for that.
    Corey Davis - I really like this signing. He's a good WR and a strong blocker which will fit well in our new system.
    Carl Lawson - This is the kind of signing that can pay dividends. Get a guy on the precipous of breaking out. And man, we signed an edge for the first time in what seems like and likely is 2 decades.

Looking forward:
    G - I wanted Thuney as much as the next guy but what could JD do here? He got a huge contract and from a top contender. There are plenty of guards left. I am eyeing Trai Turner.
    CB - I'm thinking the Jets make a move on the CB market today. There are plenty left and we can really plug some holes on the back end today.
    WR - I don't think we're done at WR. Something tells me we are still looking at Curtis Samuel and Juju leading to Crowder getting cut.
    RB - I think the Jets will move on RB. Not necessarily the Carson/Drake tier, but more in the Jamaal Williams/Mack range.
    TE - Hunter Henry screams Jets to me. Especially given our new system.

I'd like to see the Jets continue to be very active so that we can truly use our arsenal of picks to round out and deepen the team. Rather than relying as heavily on the draft to fill holes. This will give the Jets max flexibility to move around and go true BPA.

Brook!, NCJetsfan, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  19. K'OB

I understand but this team may well be the difference maker to the norm, I don't believe they were that bad to start with, hamstrung by an inept HC/OC/QB whispering cunt.

1 No Gase
    2 No Gase
    3 No Loggains
    4 Lots of lovely draft capitol
    5 A new HC who at least comes from a successful background
    6 OC the same
    7 Cap space aplenty
    8 JD who will look to put a team together that will compete
    9 No fucking Gase man, no 3rd and 23 draw runs
    10 Go J E T S

Come on feel it, at least until it goes wrong :D

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I get the saying, you are what your record says you are, but if you dive down into it, they were probably a 5 win team at best. Denver, Pats 2x, Chargers, Raiders. It is what it is, but they were actually lucky to be 2-14 and get the #2 overall IMO.

Br4d and K'OB like this.