Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

JD has shown he wants high character. JUJU ain’t coming here.

doubt they also treat crowder that way just to sign say Samuel? A lot will depend on if they plan to keep Sam and keep crowder, a familiar target, for him.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know that he's a good player, he just has had a lot of injuries. Poole has too over the last two years, but Guidry looked good last year. I was hoping they'd re-sign Poole for a year, and then if he was injured and missed games this year, it would give Guidry more time to develop, then he could take over as the slot CB in 2022.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Lmao fired and fired upon. That got me good, kudos.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Cutting a hard nosed player like Crowder who has played through the bullshit the past two years to replace him with a free agent is counterproductive.

Let's not get crazy here.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Crowder's stats are heavily inflated because of Gase's ridiculous scheme where only slot receivers exist.

EDIT: I will add, I love Crowder and think he's a solid football player but JuJu has way more upside and is more talented imo.

6. NCJetsfan

Perhaps, but he's still a very good WR, great player in the lockerroom and not an assclown like JuJu. I want no part of JuJu ever.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Juju certainly better fits the profile of player you'd build with.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Some of you guys underrate Crowder...he’s one of the better slot WRs in the game and will be just fine in this type of offense.

JuJu is a good player but I wouldn’t say he’s 100% an upgrade for what they do. This isn’t Madden either...I can’t see something like that happening

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

$11M+ is a lot for a slot receiver.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think Saleh is the perfect coach for a guy like Juju.

I am 100% sold on going after him

11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Sorry man but its too little too late. We fired Douglas back around 2:45.

12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For a team with plenty of space to afford it. He's also on the last year of his deal and the proposal was to just sign a replacement.

I imagine they draft his replacement for next year anyways.

14. NCJetsfan

I was just frustrated and worried when Douglas hadn't signed anyone of note yet. I needed to work in my yard today, and was never even tempted to come in and check to see whom JD had signed. I trusted that he would have signed 2-3 topnotch FAs by the time I came in and checked Twitter and here. I came in, saw nothing on Twitter, and then saw that the only signing was Jarrad Davis, and I had never even heard of him. IMO that was good reason for concern and frustration. Now that he has added Davis and Lawson, I feel better. I still trust him, but think he moves too slowly, and he needs to move with a greater sense of urgency. I want to see the OL fixed and this team start winning. I'm done with the losing. I have zero tolerance for a slow, 5-year rebuild. Other teams build in a sustainable fashion and do it quickly, and I expect JD to do too, or he can kiss my ass. LOL

Nick the NARP likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No disrespect to all the passionate fans here but if we relax a little we might find out that our Jets leadership seems to be navigating free agency well without our help. Not a bad first day, more to come. Hopefully an OL, another pass rusher, a CB and we can start to breath easy.

16. NCJetsfan

Don't forget we need another TE and could use depth at WR or a playmaker like Kadarius Toney. It would also be nice to add a RB like Harris, Etienne or J. Williams rather than waiting until the 4th or 5th round and taking K. Gainwell or J. Patterson.

Noam likes this.
  17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Not landing an IOL is concerning but we should all be thrilled with the Davis and Lawson deals.

Keep in mind 23 and 34 are great spots to grab a guard.

18. NCJetsfan

None taken. I just lost it when I came in from working hard in the yard, and saw that only Jarrad Davis had been signed, and it didn't even look like anyone else was close to signing, and the Pats and other teams were signing players left and right.

LAJet likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What happened to being DONE with the Jets and just going away??? Are you back now?

chandler, Ptflea2 and abyzmul like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I like Samuel, but would be surprised if JD signed two WRs, and I think it would send the wrong message to the team. You can come in, play at a very high level, be a great citizen and teammate, and the team doesn't appreciates you, just dumps you after a couple of years and moves on. If the team expects players to have some loyalty, they're going to have to show some loyalty; otherwise, it's just going to be a mercenary mess.