Chris Simms and Curious Case of Zach Wilson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Footballgod214 and Kryoptix like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

To bring credibility to Phil Simms below are his QB rankings before the last 3 draft along with videos.

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Josh Allen

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Rosen

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Ryan Finley

5. Jarrett Stidham

1. Joe Burrow

2. Justin Herbert

3. Jordan Love

4. Tua Tagovailoa

He also endorsed Patrick Mahomes pretty early according to some sources. See below link for that as well.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...mes-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-special-qb-talent

RPOZ51, Poeman, Noam and 5 others like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair, the 2019 class wasn't all that hard to analyze. There was one starter and that's it.

Kellen Mond is dog shit so that makes me question his rankings a bit. Best offensive line in college FB and his season was OK. He was hidden for a reason.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes, but the 2018 was dog shit to analyze and 2020 not too far behind, but across the board he has been better than most all experts, and a breath of fresh air and far better than most all the passionate fans wanna be QB experts.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We'll see. I don't want my thoughts on not wanting Wilson to creep into this thread, but I'll just say this and let it be - there's still a lot of football to be played from all three classes.

[​IMG]

jilozzo likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

As long as the Jets don’t stupidly overpay for a malcontent, I’m good.

Stick to the process
    Draft rookie QB
    Reset the clock
    Build a great team
    Even the new GOAT Mahomes with every possible weapon lost due to lack of OL.

the smart move of building a full complete team is so obvious, that only media whores could support the malcontent move . They literally only care about clicks and eyes on them. They PREFER prolonged suffering and misery by the team. They get paid more.

the greatest pure passer ever (DM) never won a SB because the team was not balanced. Just follow the goddam process and don’t take short cuts.

don’t want or need another Carmelo Anthony trade.

Stick to your principles. Win or lose, stick to them.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100% on the money.

Br4d, REVISion and Longsuffering88 like this.
  9. Longsuffering88

And to the armchair elites on this site? Who talk down to everyone and call names, yet are supported by the mods?

you don’t know shit and never will. your posts are like an echo chamber of fairytale nonsense. But you keep your pinkie fingers up when having your Starbucks and silence all dissenting views. Where have we seen that before? Hmmmmm.

this team has sucked for decades more or less and we need to FINALLY do it right. Draft draft draft.
    Fill in holes with FA... but all about hitting on picks.

that’s it

10. Longsuffering88

But the elites on this site will all bully this view and call names etc

then combine this thread or move it once they “lose”

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

If Chris Sims went with the chalk and had Lawrence as #1 would anyone pay attention?

Br4d, Jets81, FJF and 3 others like this.
  12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I really don’t think it’s that much of a hot take. The more I watch Wilson the more I feel similarly (about his special traits, not being better than Lawrence but it’s close). I think the bigger hot take is how high he has Mond and Mac Jones. I wouldn’t draft Mac Jones personally but I can see why people like him, and I’ll have to take a closer look at Mond who I thought of as an interesting 2-3 rounder and not a top tier prospect.

Lawrence is still number 1 to me, but Wilson, Lance, and Fields would all be great to me if that’s the direction JD goes. I like all of them pretty similarly but I’m starting to see Wilson take a lead as I look into them more and more.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I really don't think Simms is a clickbait guy. During his podcast he specifically said he doesn't care what anyone else thinks and goes for accuracy only. He said he wants to be a GM some day and views these rankings as part of his resume.

14. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I am digging what Chris Simms has been saying about the QB of this draft class. And I am 100% on board in what he is saying. The reason people label Trevor Lawrence and even Justin Fields so high is because they were more in the media spotlight and are easier to analyze because they have done it in the big stage. That make people believe there are not better options at QB. Weirdly enough for some reason Mac Jones not unlike Lawrence and Fields who has been in the media spotlight he is not talked up. He is playing for a loaded offense (just like Fields, Lawrence) but because he is part of system and he is just a one year wonder and his sudden rise and his 'weaker' arm and less athletic build he has been talked down more than he should. By watching all his tapes I was blown away on his ball placement. Always on the money and in tight window too. As for Fields, I see the same thing as Simms, he is a monster of an athlete and in the right systen which focus on option/run he could turn into something special but as a pure thrower I see a guy that will struggle at the next level even though he has arm strength.

Finally on Zach Wilson. I like him as a thrower and his anticipation are elite and he will be a player on the right system. I am not as over the top as Simms in his evaluation I do think he can become the next Mahomes or Rodgers but I also view some inconsistencies and nonchalance in him.

Anyway overall I like this type of video of people doing their own analysis and not base it on media hype and online ranking.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Key word, don’t overpay. Getting Watson would be unbelievable for a fair price.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm more interested in this Kellen Mond?

Who the fuck is Kellen Mond and how has he got him above Fields and Lance?

Of course, people most definitely will have said the same about Jackson to an extent as didn't some GM's want him to test as a WR/RB rather than a QB?

Still, it is a name I can't even say I have heard or seen even in that daft draft game we piss about on.

I see @Jonathan_Vilma has said he is utter shit but he also doesn't like Wilson either, it could be a bad draft for him lol

edit I see he is the Texan QB and that will be why the Cowboys fans were saying he was biased, still interesting to risk your reputation on a guy if he stinks.

Same division as Prescott and Tebow, two polar opposites right there, still nobody expected much out Dak being selected in the 4th round, did they?

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

K'OB likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I read that earlier, he also said the guy is bad at lists but then that doesn't seem to be true going from the evidence of the guys previous years lists.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's just Chris trying to relive his NFL shortcomings.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

People were saying the same stuff about Zach Wilson less than a month ago.

Red Menace and K'OB like this.