Press Conference with Saleh and JD 3/3 at 12:15pm ET

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I know we have to wait and see but for the pro Watson crowd, you guys have your answer from JD, it’s not the first time he has let people in on what his plans are for the Jets, it may not be what some of us want to hear but he has been consistent with his message.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That screams price is too high on Watson and they need to come down if they want #2 + + +

FJF, themorey, LAJet and 3 others like this.
  3. Rockinz

Taking calls on Sam and saying he has outstanding potential.. hmmmm.. he’s gonzo

Snatch Catch and REVISion like this.
  4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd live to see the day when the Jets had a GM with the brains not to mortgage away the entire future for a pipe
    Its still absolutely astounding to me that anyone wants to mortgage our entire present and future for Watson. Do they not understand that Watson is forcing a trade because his team is shitty and lacks talent? The Texans had Watson last year and they didn't win shit. What makes anyone think that Watson would win on a talentless Jet team any more than he did in Texas? What makes anyone think he wouldn't bitch and bellyache and become a problem for the Jets on a losing, talent-free team exactly like he did in Texas?

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's still absolutely astounding to me that anyone thinks this is true. But there's a whole thread devoted to that so nevermind.

Ralebird, FJF, K'OB and 3 others like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

"We have to hit on our draft picks" means exactly what it says; the Jets would still have plenty of draft picks if they make a move for Watson and they'd have to hit on those draft picks. In my opinion, his statement doesn't mean much.

Douglas made a captain obvious level statement and the media will twist it to rile up Jets fans and get clicks on their articles.

hornblower, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I prefer the King James version of the Joe Douglas Press Conference much more than the New International version.

Dierking, Br4d, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Exactly

No GM is going to show his hand

Red Menace, hornblower and Mogriffjr like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

What is still absolutely astounding is your continued belief that we are mortgaging our entire present and future on Watson.

It's almost like you have paid ZERO attention to our situation right now.....

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The more I hear from Joe the more peace of mind I have that he’s not going be a disaster of a GM. I know he will make mistakes as all GMs do but the pros will outweigh the cons and that’s what has me sold on his blueprint for the Jets.

If he keeps all his draft picks and nails the draft, this team is going to be in a good place for a long time.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

this.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

The Jets could trade for Watson, sign Robinson and Thuney, and instantly surround Watson with more talent on offense than he's ever had before. After trading Darnold for a pick, cutting Lewis, GVR, and Griffin, and reworking Crowder's contract, they'd still have $50M to improve the defense and sign draft picks and $22M in dead cap hits that would cover Watson's increase for '22. The Jets would still have a draft pick in each round of the next 2 drafts for Douglas to fill out the roster.

13. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Of course, he is taking calls on Sam. Heck, you always listen in case they are willing to overpay like Seattle did for Adams.

SOJAZ, Rockinz and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

There's really only one funeral you can't skip....;)

Brook!, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sam will most likely be traded within 10 minutes of JD completing his analysis of Zack Wilson.

16. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

We need more dummies in the media to pump up Sam's value so we can steal a late first. JD saying great things about Sam's potential is a good thing.

I'm very excited to draft Wilson and have a ton of picks and some quality free agents to surround him with.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm continually disappointed and frustrated by the ignorance, blindness, lack of knowledge, and sometimes downright delusionalness of Jets fans, but am rarely surprised any more.

In the case with Watson, either some posters don't bother to read and learn, or they're like those kids who cover their ears and shout/sing/talk so that they can't hear what you're saying. They're happy in their ignorance and don't want you distracting them from their delusional beliefs.

hornblower likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Stop it your making me all Gideon

Donttasemebro and abyzmul like this.
  19. Rockinz

He’s taking calls because Sam stinks and Saleh probably had a vote as he played him last year.

I’d love a 1st for him

20. Rockinz

100% it’s literally the only way to win in the NFL. You must draft well or you don’t have a chance.

JD’s eye for talent is going to be so important the next 2 years. This year he doesn’t have a normal body of work either... it’s incredibly hard and more of a crapshoot then ever before with so little film, no combine and virtual interviews.