Fields, Wilson or Trade Down? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Feb 18, 2021.

?

Question in the title of this thread

1. Fields

10.2%
  2. Wilson

32.7%
  3. Trade Down

57.1%
  1. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

You made a whole rant starting with the point “Sam’s 5th year option is cost prohibitive at $25mm”
    I asked a simple question would your opinion change if the cap hit was less than 19mm for the 5th year? A total of under $25mm for 2 years.

Why do you think it made you so upset?

JD could build a strong foundation with the picks he has in the draft. At bare minimum, I’m expecting to walk away with:
    3 picks in the 2022 1st rd.
    A top OL, CB, or Receiver
    A highly touted OL, CB, or Receiver
    A starting caliber OL, CB, or Receiver
    Btw 1-2 RBs

Bonus: 3 picks in 2022 puts us in a nice position if Watson suddenly becomes available during training camp.

amuck57 likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't think they could get anything right now for him. A 2nd is really reaching and if he's worth a 2nd why not build around him with this new regime. These guys say they are coaches so they need to prove it.

3. boozer32

Just not based in reality.

4. ZachMFWilson

What’s not reality?

5. boozer32

Having 3 first round picks in 2022 for starters. So much craziness going around. The Jets just need to build with their own. Don't trade for someone else's headache. The draft is the greatest weapon to sustained winning.

6. ZachMFWilson

We already have 2 1st rd picks in 2022... how is having 3 crazy? IMO 3 is simple, 4 is ambitious, 5 is crazy.

Don’t trade for additional picks?

You’re calling draft picks headaches!!

I’m glad you aren’t our GM.

7. ZachMFWilson

Chris Simms is way more qualified and has better resources than me to judge QBs. He also has a better track record.

His glowing praise of Wilson makes this choice much harder for me.

For me, it depends on the trade.

I wouldn’t take: Panthers 2021 and 2022 1st & 2nd rounds, I’ll take Wilson instead. The Panthers are about 3pts a game from being 12-4. With Wilson, next years picks would be in the mid 20s

I would take: the same deal from the Eagles bc I think the Eagles are still trash and next years picks will be in the top 15.

I would take: Falcons pick #4 plus Matt Ryan. Top 12 QB or trade him for a 1st rounder this year and next , the ability to trade back more in the draft.

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Matt Ryan is 35 years old. You would accept moving back 2 spots for him? Hard pass.

9. boozer32

Who are you trading for that 3rd first round pick. Q Williams? One of our successful draft picks from this year's draft? Can't be Sam Darnold. Told you draft time is the silly season and you well epitomize it.

10. ZachMFWilson

Matt Ryan only has a $23mm cap hit via a trade but more importantly he has a ton of trade value. Bears, 49ers, WFT and maybe Dallas would trade this year’s and next year’s 1sts for a low cap hit Matt Ryan... I notice a lot of you guys aren’t really good at seeing the big picture. #sad

#50 ZachMFWilson, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  11. ZachMFWilson

I would trade the #2 pick; ideally to 4 or 6... just like I said in the original post and a following post.... I honestly don’t understand what you don’t understand.

12. ZachMFWilson

Here. I copied and pasted from the (complicated?) post of mine you replied to:

My dream scenario:
    Trade #2 and #86 to the Eagles for #6, #37 and a 2022 #1

Trade #6 to #9-12 for a package including a 2022 #1
    Pick your top CB, Edge, Receiver, or OL at pick #9-12

Build a solid team around Sam with the draft.

If you’re high and confused, no worries. If you’re sober and don't understand you should get high asap bc stupid and sober is no way to go thru life.

13. boozer32

Nobody has done drafting like that since the 90's Jimmy Johnson Cowboys. Just don't see a draft scenario shaping up like that. Stupid or sober this makes zero sense.

14. ZachMFWilson

Lol. That’s why it’s my “dream scenario”
    But that wasn’t your issue originally.
    1st You were mad about getting extra draft picks.
    2nd You were confused about how trading back would garner an extra pick in 2022.
    3rd You say people don’t trade back twice anymore.

You consistently show your lack of Idk then try and change the narrative when I call you out.

15. boozer32

Yeah, whatever dude. Listen I'm consistent in not liking your scenario. I guess I should just agree with you so you will shut up. Johnson with all his trading hit on Emmitt Smith. So yeah I just don't see that as a winning strategy. Just gives the Jets more chances to screw things up. So if you want more Roger Duffy's, Terence Mathis, and Basil Proctors please call the New York Jets office at (973) 549-4800 asked for Joe Douglas. The number works and they will answer. I interviewed a draft prospect once.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Paying Jimmy Johnson as a consultant on draft day might be money well spent.

17. ZachMFWilson

You’re consistent in not understanding... how did we get extra picks? Why would we even want extra picks? What’s a dream scenario?

I was going to block you but I love laughing at the less fortunate.

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So we trade for him so we can trade him? Makes perfect sense.

19. ZachMFWilson

I don’t think we’d be trading back for “him” as much as we’re trading back only 2 spots and we’d be acquiring a valuable asset.

Sure, I coulda said trade 2 for 4, 35 and a 2022 1st rounder... but Matt Ryan is more valuable than a 1st and 2nd and it’s my “dream scenario” so I went with the more valuable option.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Galaxy brain option is to draft Wilson at 2 and then trade him to whoever drafts Fields for Fields and picks. That way we ensure we don't strike out on both of them, and we give the NFL something to talk about other than Watson.