Russell Wilson's camp mentioning NYJ as a trade destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Feb 25, 2021.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We are talking about two different windows. You're talking about a window that is based purely on what you think is going to happen over the next 2-3 years. I'm talking about a window that is already well-defined by 95% of history. I'm not saying you're asinine for thinking Watson could bolt, but I also wouldn't NOT acquire someone because they might leave. Like I said, if that's the case then why should any team trade for anybody unless they are confident they are going to win a Super Bowl right now?

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

We have no talent and what is left will be taken by Seattle. He would come here with no talent around him except at LT.

hornblower likes this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

fake news, wilson not going anywhere.

boozer32 and hornblower like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

Thank god. Moving on...

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

phew thank GOD dodged a bullet there. Our favorite team doesn't have a chance at one of the best players in the NFL after all. feels good

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Agree with the take that Tampa was a QB away from a title but that 2019 team was not trash. They were hamstrung by a QB throwing 30 interceptions.

7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

https://theathletic.com/2409212/2021/02/25/russell-wilson-trade-seahawks/

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Would be the best move the Jets ever made. I’d take him over Watson any day. I think Russ is the 2nd best overall QB in the game

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The lesson we can learn here is that a thread based on a Bleacher Report tweet should probably not reach 2 pages.

barfolomew, patleahy and hornblower like this.
  10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

When a baseball player wants a big contract their agent tells the press the Yankees are interested. For this session with the Jets having cap space and the #2 pick they tell their favorite writers that the Jets are interested. Since the NYJ front office will not confirm or deny they run with it. No chance of any of this being true.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

I think it was referencing an article from The Athletic though, that's the only reason I took it even half seriously.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course one would operate under the assumption that Watson would be here for ten years. The only two reasons he would want to test FA is if the Jets didn't get their shit together, fix the OL and surround him with weapons or tried to cheap out on the next contract. As long as the team was winning and going to the playoffs, and the Jets were willing to pay him accordingly on his next contract, I see no reason why he would want to test FA

13. NCJetsfan

How about not taking a pounding every year because the Seahawks won't/can't fix their OL? How about Carroll's offense being so conservative? Players play for more than money. Their pride, the chance to make history, win multiple SBs, stay healthy, etc., are important to the best players.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Wilson singlehandedly wins Seahawks games often, even moreso the last few years with all the roster turnover and a bad defense.

He looks to be in his prime for many years to come as he's currently a top 3 QB in the league.

He is as clutch as it gets in the NFL and absolutely thrives in late game pressure situations. Ultimate gamer. Take him in a heartbeat. He was never coming to the Jets.

NYJalltheway and BacktoQueens like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why o why would he even consider coming to the Jets? He is most certainly staying in Seattle but if not, look no further than a solid contender for his services.
    I think us Jet fans need to accept the fact that no top rated QB will find its way into the Jets unless we sorely over pay for him, which hopefully we wont do. We are far from a desirable destination at this point. Its time to start building more of the right pieces thru the draft.
    IMO, we must embrace the fact that, best case, we draft a QB in round one, and continue the process to build a team around his future, strengthening thru the draft and selectively through free agency the entire roster. Historically we have been remise in selecting, grooming, developing and keeping draft talent on this team. All the qualities that separate winners from bottom of the barrel. Hope with JD this gets turned around starting now.

#55 LAJet, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  16. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

THE SHOCKMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. NCJetsfan

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Agreed. He's in the conversation with Mahomes and Rodgers as best QB in the game.

Would cost less draft capital than Watson, and has got at least 7 very productive seasons left in him which is an NFL eternity.
    We'd be perennial playoff contenders, and if Douglas does his job drafting, would be tough to beat in the not so distant future.

All that said, I don't think he's leaving Seattle..

Rockinz likes this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’m interested. We should trade Deshaun Watson for him.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Russel was, is and always will be a better quarterback than Watson.

That said I still want no part of a trade for him.

Rockinz likes this.