Multiple teams have called about Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Obviously you do thats why you cant seem to let it go. Glad i live in that space in your head.....but tell me hows Cousins doing? Hows Darnold doing? Actually i did say i like Baker Mayfield the most out of that draft of you really want to harp on that time frame.

He will be the best qb from that draft.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I bring it up because at this point you're nothing more than a form of entertainment. A court jester.

Have a good one. I'm sure you will seeing as how you're the smartest guy in the room at all times.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I currently am planning on having the good one. And that's for that complement, im glad yoy recognize it now. Still waiting for you to provide something of substance or value to the conversation.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They were down 24-3 in the first half and scored 17 unanswered points to make it a one score game with 21 minutes left in the game in the Minnesota game. That's called mounting a comeback even if it failed and their defense got rolled in the fourth.

They were down 20-17 heading into the fourth quarter in Detroit. How in the fuck is that not a competitive game? It was 27-24 with 7 minutes left after his last touchdown.

Your arguments are dumb, plain and simple.

Drew Brees has thrown for 7,000 more yards when trailing. Is that empty? Roethlisberger - 3,000 more yards when trailing than leading or tied. Matt Ryan - 8,000 more yards and 43 more touchdowns. Russell Wilson - 2,300 yards and 20 more touchdowns. Are these all empty?

No. Obviously a team becomes more one dimensional when they're down, but that's how teams get back into ball games.

I'm done with this. His production is far from empty stats considering they've been in all of these games and virtually always in playoff contention as the team has slowly deteriorated around him.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Context males it empty. These Qbs have played more years than Wentz, with proven records and multiple season, but again their other stats correlate this.

If you want to compare 2019 tho, since this is the year you chose to validate your stance

Brees actually about 1500 when leadin about 1400 when trailing and tied.

Big Ben played all of 2 games but has made big time throws though his career

Ryan was on a sub 500 team, of course hes gonna throw mostly from behind. Another grossly overrated qb, but better than Wentz

Wilson is probably your best case for an argument, Seahawks and Eagles that year to very blah teams. Except one went 11-5 and 9-7 respectively. Wilson ELEVATED his team in a way wentz doesn't. Wilson actually had far less attempts and comparable yards and more TDs. Seattle played a lot of close games that season, since you brought that up....thats more of what youre trying to push with wentz.....which, btw when philly played them 2 times they got crushed. But still Wilson career says hes not a garbage time qb.

Were not stating arbitrary stats here. I gave you the 2019 stats. And the other player you mentioned above have Careers that say otherwise, Wentzs does not.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You have to respect him for the hard work he has put in to change his game.

REVISion likes this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Absolutely. By all accounts he was really dedicated to correcting his mechanical flaws during the offseason to improve his accuracy. I remember him saying it felt very awkward at first learning a new motion but he just drilled it over and over until it became natural.

#727 REVISion, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A life lesson for us all and a regret that his QB mate didn't join him in the hard work.

REVISion likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No correlation if your sample is quarterbacks who were good enough to get drafted. There are more successes who are over 6 foot 1, but there are also more busts. https://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/id/eprint/45327/1/10.pdf

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Good enough to get drafted is not the same as NFL success, don’t change your take. Most drafted QB’s don’t have NFL success.

11. HomeoftheJets

What? My take is there's no correlation between height and NFL success, and I clarified that that's true when the sample is quarterbacks who were drafted.

12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

If there is no correlation between size and NFL success, then make a list of QB’s with NFL success who are under the 6’2”-6’5” range of prototypical NFL QB size.

13. HomeoftheJets

No correlation doesn't mean there are a lot of successes, it means the success to bust ratio is the same across heights. Yes there are relatively few successes, but there are also relatively few busts.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's a greater chance of getting to the league if you have prototypical size to give yourself a chance at achieving success. Is that not in it's own right a success? To have the opportunity?

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The wildcards in those trades were the big contracts that were involved, depressing the number of draft picks that might've normally been offered.

16. ColoradoContrails

Football coaches and GMs with big egos? Nah!

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

No way would I give up a 3rd plus Sam.

NCJetsfan and Footballgod214 like this.
  18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The only thing that is definite now is that teams are cutting players to get under the cap and the Jets will have their pick. All of this Sam stuff is on hold until they use their money to upgrade at several positions. One other thing. When you hire a new coach and he is bringing in an OC the GM tells the staff if they are getting new QB or sticking with the the old one. That has already been decided.

19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I'm not making the case for Wentz being in the HoF but this thread is a Sam Darnold thread and therefore any QB we mention is comparative to Sam Darnold.

Has Wentz been better then Darnold when you compare accrued years or concurrent years? - Yes ofc.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well, we'd be getting a pretty good 1st round pick for Sam (#20) as long as we're willing to throw in an extra 3rd. But the panel on PFT agrees with you. Sam is worth more and the Jets would be getting ripped off.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.