Multiple teams have called about Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I would say that Allen is an extremely rare case of a notoriously inaccurate QB becoming accurate enough to succeed. He's not the rule, he's the exception. You can't use him as an example for what Darnold might do. For every Allen there are 20 athletic guys with big arms who never become accurate enough or good enough at processing defenses to succeed. Allen also has maybe the strongest arm I've seen of any current QB. The velocity on his passes is insane. Darnold doesn't have that, it's an innate gift for Allen.

Allen's improvement is literally unprecedented in the modern NFL. There's never been a guy to improve his accuracy as much as he did as quickly as he did. He's an anomaly.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Except in 2018 he only threw one garbage time touchdown (trailing by greater than ten points late in the game) in eleven games.

In 2019, he threw one true garbage time touchdown in the same scenario against Detroit.

So no, you're not right and you're painting this as some sort of Blake Bortles situation in 2015 and it's not.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yes i am and you're gettinf more and more ridiculous. Youre hedging your argument on the one good year i acknowledged he had 18 td and 2100 yards after trailing, so i have no idea where you got that shit from but clearly its wrong. 9-7 record so obviously he wasnt winning a lot of games

2019 1 4th quarter while trailing again atl

Next game 2 late scores while trailing multpile against detroit

Next loss down by 24!!! Late 3rd and mid 4th tds in a 38 to 20 loss in which obviously Minnesota took their foot off the gas.

Stop acting like hes always produced. Thats way more. 2nd half tds count as garbage td when the team is up 24 and plays prevent.....which their coach at the time, was notorious for doing.

Im right, thats it, you dont have to like it but the stats speak for themselves. Hes a shitty qb who excelled one and a half years and flamed out. We see this time and time again.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If I were you I'd go research the zace unless you're bored and don't mind talking to a brick wall.

J-Raw24 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

His fourth quarter touchdown against Atlanta was to take the lead before Atlanta scored the final touchdown to win the game. How the fuck is that a garbage time touchdown?

The Detroit touchdown is the one I referred to. So that's factored in the garbage time touchdowns I was talking about. Not to mention you're discrediting ANOTHER touchdown he threw in the third quarter against Detroit to pull them within 3 with 18 minutes left in the game. His "garbage time" touchdown against Detroit was with 7 minutes left and pulled them within a field goal of the lead. You really think Detroit conceded a touchdown with 7 minutes left in the game? With a defense that got their ass torn apart by a rookie quarterback in the fourth quarter a week earlier?

They were down 24-10 to Minnesota and they scored ten unanswered points to pull them within four in the middle of the third quarter. 24-20. Again. How is that garbage time?

In what world do you live in? You pull up examples that literally work against your whole garbage time argument. And you're acting like every team who has a half time lead plays prevent defense for the rest of the game.

It's so distorted to try to back up your incorrect argument.

#705 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know if I'd call zace's abilities for analysis into question. He's easily the best one on this forum at analyzing. Don't believe me? Just ask zace.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

I don't know how you could argue with a guy that said Rosen was going to be a stud and NOT feel insignificant tbh.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its not distorted they were getting blown out in Minnesota and they let off the gas....stop acting like he led a comeback in that game, he didn't. Its a team taking it easy after they got up. Same thing in Detroit. Thats the essence of garbage TDs they are meaningless and pad stats and that what happens with him.

No matter how you try and state it any evaluation of him says that, and thats why teams werent lining up to get him. You pick like one stat oit of all of them and say oh thats the one that proves im write and your absolutely wrong.

Even in the games they did win he only threw 1 td in 9 of them. So he wasnt setting the world on fire. This comes from you lack of understanding about the team he was on and how they play. The stats actually support the overwhelming view of him. He isnt that good. A poor game manager at worst a decent game manager at best.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well atleast i provide something of substance.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre like the idiot who finds one thing and cant move past it. Funny thing if he actually may catch in in san fran and still probably better than Darnold.

11. BroadwayAaron

"You have brought up something that I can't refute so I am going to insult you."

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

zace. Try to disengage from this thread for a few hours my brother.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

You didn't provide any rebuttal of any substance. All of the games you referenced were competitive at the times you are saying he threw garbage time touchdowns. Go back and look at the box score and scoring history of the game and stop being silly.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's one word for it.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I already looked at the box scores and no they were not competitive in all those games. I have no idea how you consider 38 to 20 game competitive. Detroit up more than one score so not really competitive. 37 to 10 not competitive. So mot sure where you got all that

And like i said 7 of the games he played he didnt even throw more than 1 td in a game. Still doesnt take away that stats show most of his stat hikes come when his team is trailing. N9t winning, not tied, but trailing. Mo matter what you say theres no counter to that.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Mmmm but you still cant tell me i was right about Darnold, cousins and others? You find maybe 1 thing....thats what you hold on to to try and validate yourself.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

When you throw a touchdown and lead a field goal drive to make the game 24-20 midway through the third, yeah dude, the game is competitive at that point. When it's a three point game (Detroit) with seven minutes left, yeah it's still competitive. 27-17 with 14:53 left in the fourth quarter is not when teams start to run prevent defenses. Not to mention Patricia solely ran man coverage so he basically never did that.

The reference you make to the Atlanta game as a garbage time touchdown is actually hilarious.

But whatever. You're right because teams run prevent defenses the entire second half if they have a lead at halftime. Everyone sees how dumb your points are and how they're wrong. It's all on paper in the thread for reference.

18. BroadwayAaron

No one cares about your internet L's and W's. The only reason it's being brought up is because you like to pretend you know more than others and then never make a coherent argument as to why. I feel bad that you sucked someone into your vortex but he'll learn soon too.

NYJFOREVER and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

No correlation between size and NFL success? What have you been smoking? Show me a list of successful QB’ under 6’2 and then compare that to the list of:

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Eli Manning
    Patrick Mahomes
    Deshaun Watson
    Aaron Rodgers
    Phillip Rivers
    Lamar Jackson
    Donovan McNabb
    Daunte Culpepper
    Matt Ryan
    Andrew Luck
    Ryan Tannehill
    Dak Prescott
    Carson Palmer
    Cam Newton

And that’s just getting started compared to?

Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Kyler Murray
    Baker Myfield?

Who else you got?

Also, The arm strength difference between Darnold and Allen is like A-C while the difference between Darnold and Minshew is like C-G

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre stuck on this idea because you know you cant say anything to dispute what i said about him. Most of his stat come when trailing. Its like double, nothing you say disputes thats

Nah it wasnt competative at all. Go watch that game vs Minnesota, scoring 10 points when youre down 3 scores doesnt make it competitive. But he threw 2 touchdowns which added to his total so that makes him a stud in your book.

Detroit wasnt competitive either

Dont try and twist this. I told you he was a garbage stat qb and you picking a handful of incidents that dont really show otherwise.

Thats why you keep getting away from the stats now. Because you did go look and you saw i was right and you saw that he plays from behind and gets a lot of yards and stats that way. So this is getting twisted from you. Show me something that says otherwise.

What happened when that team lost talent? How did his stats look then? That super bowl team was way better than anyone gives them credit for. They werent just lucky that team was just good, and it wasnt just because of Wentz.

Their run game was averaging like 100 yards a game, and when they relied on Wentz more, the production dropped. Go ahead....look it up. Ill wait.

No matter what you say, hes a garbage time qb. His stats are inflated and he showed this past season just who he really is. He was never accurate, he was never great at reading coverages and his mechanics have always been poor, coupled with a bad attitude.

Hes overrated has been and has always been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.