2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Knicks may have the best Defense in the league but o my fucking god do we have the worst half court offense I've watched in a while.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If Celtics at Pelicans was your first time watching an NBA game, you probably wouldn't watch another one ever again.

Iso ball, bad defense, refs owning this game and have made about 5-6 huge calls in the last 2 min and OT.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fuck your Celtics. Blew them out for three quarters I thought the -3 was a lock.

4. JackBower

I wouldn't put a penny on them this year. They aren't good.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah it was more of a good spot than faith in the Celtics. The Pelicans have been awful defensively this year.

Not that it was a big part of the game either, but Theis is all over the place this year. He played pretty well in the bubble and playoffs for them from what I remember and was a decent center. He just always seems to be getting in the way taking bad shots and put in a position to make passes he shouldn't be making.

6. JackBower

Funny im debating this with a friend right now.

To me Thompson experiment needs to end and we need to start Robert Williams in his place. I think they (Thompson, Williams, Theis) are all bench players, but theis serves more of a purpose in today's NBA than Thompson and its not even close.

But the reason we start 2 bigs in the awful roster construction by Ainge and leaving the celtics with nothing at the forward position outside of the 2 stars. It really shouldn't happen.

Theis shot selection doesn't bother me really.

He thinks Thompson and Williams should start which i think is extremely stupid, and Thompson just sucks even if you take away whats better for the team.

Either way I see theis cashing in a little in FA and not being on the team next year.

#66 JackBower, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

No I agree on him being a good modern day center. He just doesn't look as comfortable as he did last year down the stretch but maybe that's a result of the whole offense looking out of sync.

Thompson has always been meh to me. He'd probably be better served running a pick and roll with Kemba with the second unit but you'd know better than me because I haven't watched a ton of them this year.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

All those picks Ainge had and most of them amounted to nothing. He should have used some of that ammo to get another star, maybe a big to go with Brown and Tatum. Kemba seems shot...they def need to play Robert Williams though. Theis is who he is and Tristan is a backup type center as is.

9. JackBower

Well, the Nets looked like every other team that has played the Celtics in the past 2 months. Thats not a compliment for the celtics at all.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

C'mon @JackBower you can't tell me this league isn't a mess.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31406267/zion-williamson-indefinitely-fractured-left-ring-finger

LeBron criticizing the play in games he advocated for a year or two ago. Kyrie sitting out games all here because he needs a break. The goofy Marvel broadcast - even though I have to be honest I didn't see it just read about it. Kawhi sitting out games for load management, Anthony Davis spraining his vagina and writhing on the floor on pain every other play.

11. JackBower

I had to endure a yankee game where there was about 1000 Star Wars references. That's ESPN, not the NBA.

Kyrie is a huge bitch and I would love if he retired, literally nobody would care. Ive never disliked a player as a person more. This d bag will ask for peace and unity, but turn around and call the media sheep who aren't worth his time. Flipping out about being called the N word, only to have multiple videos of him doing the same. He's incredibly fake and overall a POS.

The celtics are the disappointment of the season, they flat out suck. I hope its a quick death in the playoffs so I can move on.

NBA players are soft, that's not news.

I am bummed out the way the game is played. I think they need to push the 3pt line back and maybe reduce the restricted area. Watching teams jack 60-70 3s a game is not entertaining.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Your boy dude.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...tball-just-not-most-important-thing-right-now

Eh and I don't even mind him thinking it but to drone on about it as the playoffs starting is a bad look. Could you imagine if Mahomes or Rodgers said this the week before wild card weekend?

Not saying he comes from a household with parents worth millions but his dad was a professional basketball player while he went to private school (albeit not a golden school). Then to Duke and will live 60%+ of his life in the top 1% of wealth in the world.

13. JackBower

Exactly. It's how he does it makes people roll their eyes. Can't you focus on both? Plus, hes full of shit. He's thinking about overseas conflict as much as my 2 yr old gets obsessed with a toy for 5 min and moves on. Do us all a favor, prove you don't care about basketball and want to solve those crisises and retire.

He is from a very well off family. He went to private school in Australia I believe. Sweet, my grand parents came off the boat on Ellis Island, I guess I can relate to immigrants during that time. From the bottom now we're here. Eat it.

This guy wouldn't know struggle if it kicked him in the balls. Another example of being completely fake, a false origin story so he pretend to relate to players who really did come from nothing.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

I won't say that's it's strictly because of politics as there are likely a number of factors but the outspoken nature of it's star athletes certainly doesn't help.

https://www.outkick.com/nba-ratings-tank/

I think the product contributes a bit more. Zero intensity in the middle of the game, a million fouls called, flopping and jacking up threes has probably hurt it equally.

FYI - I believe OutKick is right leaning so take it for what you will, but the numbers are the numbers. It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against other leagues.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Entertaining game out west, but ridiculously bad officiating consistently in the favor of the Lakers.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought that happened in most NBA games.

stinkyB likes this.
  17. JackBower

I hate the Nets so much

18. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Damn Knicks drop first game at home.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That was some seriously bad defense by Ntilikina on the last play - Young made him look foolish twice, first with the crossover in the backcourt and then by blowing by him on the way to the basket.

stinkyB and dawinner127 like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That was terrible. Thibs needs to get Frank more run if he expects him to come in at 10-15 second clips just to lock down Young for one or 2 possessions.