Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jay... hopefully you made out ok in the storms last night. Looks like a tornado ripped through southern Brunswick , about ten mins north of me. So far 10 injured, 3 fatalities, and many homes destroyed.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

From this picture, and the reports, this doesn’t look like the typical ef0-1 that we usually get here on the coast. This development is all brick houses with 2x6 roofs. This may be a 3.

[​IMG]

Edit- confirmed a high end ef3 . Very unusual for this area. I was scheduled to work on this development this afternoon. There’s not much left of that street. I drove by anyway knowing I wouldn’t be able to get in... have never seen anything like it. Been through many hurricanes. Only thing close I’ve seen was visiting Myrtle beach after Hugo. There was debris from destroyed homes up and down the main highway in piles for a 1/4 mile on all sides. Mass evacuation bus parked at the gas station , people giving medical attention in the parking lot.
    This storm passed us over the ocean.( I live about 3 miles away). Knew it was a bad one... the thunder was louder than I’ve ever heard, and the lighting was t even flashes, it was like there was a spotlight on in the back yard.

#16582 typeOnegative13NY, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep , Cman and Greg and company ,,,,the models all trended into a better look last night but we have 2 days to go so lots can change .Thursday should be watched as it is NOT looking like rain right now as it did yesterday,,,but there is still time for changes the day is young :),,,,,,,,,thoughts ?

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It says 2-4 inches of snow in Madison on Thursday on Accuweather. I shouldn't expect this to go up right? :)

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You sure it didn’t say 2-4’ ? I think that’s closer to true than 2-4”.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hate snow

CBG likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not a fan of this much myself. Need some to burn off quickly.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I love the deer prints in front of my home in the snow.. Lets me know they're thinking about me..

CBG, Brook! and FJF like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just spoke to snow IT hates YOU :cool:

Brook! likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wash your mouth out with soap,,,,ps it looks like it could be a good one Fjay and I won't bring up Monday yet as I don't want Brook to get ill

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

UP UP and awayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Brook! likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg maybe you app was onto something as those numbers look much better today,,,,,,,,still lots of time for changes but Thursday will be here soon,,,,,,,might start early IF it hits,,,,I'm whispering so it will be hitting

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Calling for 8" out here. Accuweather and Weather Underground actually agree..

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

People who really love snow had a dad (or a mom) who did all the shoveling around the house.

I loved snow right up until the day my dad kicked me out the front door with a shovel and instructions when I was 11 or so. After that it was love-hate.

Brook! likes this.
  15. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

2-3” prediction by me, not a killer so hops it’s accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

58 degrees down here this morning, brrrrrr

When I was in my early teens up in NY I loved the snow storms for one reason $$$$$. Me and a couple of friends would walk around with shovels finding people that needed cars dug out to get to work, being they were on the streets buried by the plows there was no shortage of work. We used to make a killing.

Br4d, Brook! and FJF like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman you should have the Ariens ready you might need her as I think many people reading this get snow tomorrow , right now 4 - 8 is a good guesstimate but as usual Madison will see the brunt of this storm and the people who live there should get burried. My guesstimate is subject to change depending on the track / shifts in the storm and how much moisture is actually involved. FYI if it shifts slightly N n W at the last minute ( IMO it will )as they have all winter then Fjay you will once again be more in the game then you probably are thinking right now. In other news this could be a busy week as this might not be the only system we have to deal with but first things first let's see what Thursday brings,,,,,,thoughts ? ps Jayster we miss you here brother

Brook! likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

on cue some models shift a wee bit North n West,,,,,,,the only real question I have and someone else can answer if they like are do the mid levels warm as some models say they will and do people get mixing issues in L I and along the coast or even other locations ? Does it change to sleet sooner than advertised if it turns at all ? I think 6-8 inches is a good guesstimate in many places and possibly even more depending on the actual track and the snow ratios and the amount of liquid......bring it on

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I assume this will be the heavy wet stuff. Either way I will be using the snow blower more than once. Figure late afternoon/early evening tomorrow for RD 1 and then what is left on Friday.

20. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Any updates on this biotch?

CBG likes this.