Texans Ownership/Situation

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JohnnyP123456, Feb 10, 2021.

1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I know we already have the Watson threads, but think that their franchise deserves it's own thread. The owner McNair and Easterby have pretty much destroyed any good will and/or relationships that they players had with management. Letting well liked people within the organization go, and now their team president resigns.

There's something absolutely horribly wrong with that organization and it definitely looks like it will take a while to repair even small parts of the damage, but even then it looks like McNair is doubling down on Easterby and that's just causing the franchise to wreck even more

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, even Browns, Lions, Jets and Bangles fans have been asking "what the fuck?" to the decisions made by Texans ownership/brass in the last 18 months. Let Houston drive the crazy train for a while I guess.

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Man, she was fit as fuck and still is btw.

Leicester Jet and Dierking like this.
  5. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I found a 2019 article by Greg Bedard about Easterby that seems almost prophetic.
    https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2019/06/18/bedard-patriots-burning-mad-jack-easterby-texans/

For whatever reason, Easterby seems to have a hold over the owner and is using that hold to satisfy his lust for power. Maybe he has no agenda other than consolidating power. He sure doesn't seem to have any legitimate football agenda. Every day, we seem to get another story showing that organization's dysfunction. We complain about Woody, but this is an entirely different level of dysfunction. I'm sure Watson isn't the only player who wants out. He may simply be the only one with the leverage to make it happen.

This owner seems to be a really weak unit. It sounds like the classic story of a kid inheriting dad's business and running it into the ground. How many times have we seen this in our own lives, with entitled kids ruining something that it took their dads years to build?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The NFL resolves situations that are not resolvable by other means.

Running an NFL franchise has always been a privilege and not a right. McNair and Easterby are going to do something eventually that violates labor laws and the NFL will likely force McNair out at that point with another in the family taking over or barring that a sale of the franchise.

DeBartolo was forced to turn over the reins to his sister-in-law when the news of his bribe in Louisiana leaked. And he was a guy who knew what he was doing around a football team. McNair is just a flaky born-on-3rd-base type.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t worry too much if I’m a Texans fan, as @Br4d stated the ownership of other the other teams will not let anyone mess with the goose that continues to lay golden eggs.

If Jerry Jones was forced to fall in line and he’s as rouge as they come, Easterby will be run out in a short period of time.

The NFL owners have mob like power and when they turn their attention to one of their own, he will have no choice but to comply.