Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He won't cost 25m after next year though, that is an option we can choose to take or not take and let's be honest here, we won't be taking it.

At best for Sam if he stays he will be offered a new deal on what he has shown, no way on earth is JD exercising the 5th year option, if Sam wants to stay and is allowed to stay then it will be 8-10m tops with a go and prove your worth more deal.

If he doesn't sign that, he will go to FA were nobody will give him 25m not on what we have seen so far.

I understood the point you were making though :)

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So we've reached the point in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes where there is a new favorite to trade for him almost every day.

This is likely because the Texans have not received any serious offers and Watson's reps are stirring the kettle as hard as they can. They know that in a month the cap comes due and before that several other QB situations will likely have been resolved. They know that the music will start to wind down at that point as free agency takes over the show. They know that Watson actually has zero leverage at this point other than threatening to sit out and accumulate fines.

I suspect that we'll get another couple of weeks of frantic hype (It's the Jets! No, it's the Patriots! Wait, it's the Fins! Nope, it's the Falcons!) and then things will quiet down as the reality that Watson is probably going to be in Houston this year sets in. It's going to be a lot of work for Watson's reps to talk him in off the ledge and they're going to have to start early and slowly to make it happen and not get fired in the process.

twown likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Or if it is the same over there as it is in the UK the press guys just make up shit on a daily basis to keep on selling their shite papers, get clicks etc etc

Br4d and The Waterboy like this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Hopefully just more BS speculation.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have all but written off the possibility of the Jets trading for Watson at this point. Probably the only way they could acquire him is offering a trade package that makes no sense for the future of the team and I don't see Douglas doing that.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Watson is gone. Icing on the cake at this point

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow maybe we want Watt too

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been that bad, and it's totally understandable why you think this way, but I'm sorry that you are so disheartened or cynical or have basically given up at this point. I think there's reason for genuine hope with JD as our GM and Saleh as our HC. I would never be happy with just a couple of playoff games every couple of years.

10. NCJetsfan

I understand, but am sorry that you are willing to settle for that. We all deserve better than that, and I won't accept anything less that getting it right and multiple SBs. If NE can do it as bad as they were, if KC can do it as bad as they were, if SF and GB can do it as bad as they were, if Tampa Bay can do it as bad as they were, if Buffalo can do it as bad as they were, then the Jets can do it. They'd better do it or they can take the team and shove it up their ass. I'm not settling for a bread crumb. Fuck 'em if they can't get it right.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's cool. But you need to crawl before you can walk. January football is a step in that direction before we start talking about the dynasty being built.

#171 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    PJ4Ever and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

True, but you have to aim and strive for greatness, not pretty good, or you'll never get there. Sometimes it happens incrementally, in steps, but other times, teams make a leap. I don't expect a SB in a year or two, but if JD gets Watson or drafts the right QB in this draft, then I think a SB is not out of the question in 2023 or 2024.

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Did he like and of our social media posts???????

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

49ers have the best situation so I don't blame him wanting to go there (plus it's Cali). Texans know we have the most to offer so ideally they probably prefer trading him to NY.

15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Everyone saying different stuff from "sources"

Borat likes this.
  16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

17. Snatch Catch

If he comes to the Jets we win HUGE, in my opinion. If he doesn't, we are still in an enviable position to build a long-term winner.

18. Snatch Catch

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Texans are keeping him for 2021 at least. All the stories attributed to them about 'only the Jets are in the running' are designed to make Watson come back to them because he is not interested in the Jets at all. He's never been interested in the Jets. That's why he burned them early to get the story out there that he might be available this year. If he wanted the Jets he goes to San Francisco and burns them instead first thing.

REVISion likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Don't take me wrong, it's a lot of fun to think of Watson as the Jets QB, it's the offseason after all, but the point above is spot on. Which is, who the hell knows what will happen to Deshaun. It's all a rumor mill at this point, and Jets have a very slim shot if any, and a nice pipe dream for Friday night!