Super Bowl LV - Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 24, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But the real question is...

Did you hate New England before Brady made them into winners?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No.

I rooted for them in January 2002 to take down the Raiders because I really hated the Raiders who were n the midst of a 5-in-a-row win streak against the Jets - all in the black hole. I hated them before that but the 5-in-a-row thing was too much.

I was in a hotel bar in Philly the night of the playoff game and I hooped and hollered along with the rest of them when the Brady fumble was over-ruled, an act that basically changed how NFL games were called for a generation.

#402 Br4d, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Very wrong. Wow, that game was unpleasant to watch. Another game ruined for me by Todd Bowles and Tom Brady. I should be used to it by now!

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Brady played a solid game but the reason TB won goes way beyond Brady. TB has so much talent Mark Sanchez could of won that game. Where they really won was up front on both sides of the ball.

Regarding the Chiefs, its been a log time since we've seen a team come out that flat in a SB, and I've never seen a returning champion do it. If you didn't know it was the SB you would have thought it was their first preseason game. Zero fire.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Yup, I was rooting for him yesterday. He's the GOAT. It sucks that he was in our division for so many years. He finally left but the Jets are still awful.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He's clearly the GOAT, but that doesn't mean I have to root for him. People who are the best at things usually consistently succeed - what makes sports interesting is how often they don't. Dynasties (or GOATs) are great when you root for them (Islanders season ticket holder here from 1978 to 1991), but not so much when you don't.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

there are several players who i think are better career football players than Brady...

he's up there in talent/ability....

hes the best at winning. ...

but i think there is a short list of players who were better. imho

Jets_Grinch and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find it so odd that the narrative has changed on Brady via the media and the NFL in recent seasons. They are force-feeding him down fan's throats, and many of them have just decided to go along with it. Pretty embarrassing if you asked me. I haven't forgotten about all the things he has done in his career on and off the field. Him trying to change his image the last 5 years has not fooled me either. He is clearly a good QB and has been on some great teams. He makes smart decisions. Good for him. Not a fan.

RPOZ51 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Re: National Anthem

When God Save the Queen is being belted out back here it's a great when you are surrounded my thousands singing along in harmony yet despite Star-spangled banner being a pretty decent tune with some fairly stirring lyrics - everytime I see a national event featuring some celeb vocalists their 'remix'/'take' on it makes it bloody ridicolous.

Loads of folks got bent out of shape about players kneeling for the flag yet butchering the national anthem is ok?!?!

bicketybam likes this.
  10. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

This is a perfect example of when the numbers don't tell the whole story.

This guy was under pressure I've never seen before and still make throws no one else could

If his receivers could catch he would've had 3 TDs in probably the worst performance in his career