Deshaun Watson Mega Thread (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 5, 2021.

?

What would you give up for Watson?

1. #2 pick in 2021 Draft Only

7.9%
  2. #2 pick plus another 1st Rounder

24.6%
  3. #2 pick plus 2 other 1st Rounders

34.1%
  4. #2 pick plus 3 other 1st Rounders

5.6%
  5. To Hell with Watson. Stay put

27.8%
  1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Holy smokes, man. This guy is just AWFUL.

Borat likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Does that mean we’re going to have to throw a belt buckle into the deal for Watson?

3. Snatch Catch

It's going to be fascinating to see what Wentz ends up going for after all the speculation and if it takes out a viable Watson suitor. Eagles said to want a "Stafford-like" package.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s got to be the Colts or Bears

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'd think the Colts because of Frank Reich.

papapump, Red Menace and Rockinz like this.
  6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That’s actually a bargain for whoever lands him. Wentz went from having an awesome OL to the worst OL. He constantly got rocked. You put him behind that Indy OL he’s going to look good.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. Snatch Catch

I wouldn't touch Wentz with a 10 foot pole. His career has been statistical smoke and mirrors - he's just not that good to me.

Looks like the Eagles are hearing this, too:

ColoradoContrails, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  9. nyjetsgreen

nyjetsgreen Active Member

I said none The Jets do this Douglas and Salah will be gone in 3 year with Watson demanding to be traded. First off Jets have to many holes to give up that many picks they lack talent all around they need everything OL, RB, WR CB, Not to mention they are going to a 4-3 which they don't have DE that fit that scheme. They can't afford Watson what has Watson accomplished he isnt at the same level aS Mahomes, Brady or Roger. He is another big mouth Diva that got a big payout and now demands to choose the coach how the organization is run just like another big mouth called Adams.
    The Jets dont think Darnold is an option then grab Fields or Wilson they will both be decent and cost 1 draft pick instead of 3 first rounders a 2nd a 3rd and Williams. The fan base get so delusional over 1 guy who has made 1 playoff appearance and has been injured multiple times . He won 4 games with a team that is still better or equal talent wise to what the Jets have. what will happen when he gets here with no draft capital and minus 2 elite player like Williams and Mayes on defense? The Jets are not 1 QB away from winning it all.

#29 nyjetsgreen, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Footballgod214 and TheCleaner like this.
  10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Oh boy ☝️

KY Jets Fan, FJF, KWJetsFan and 3 others like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What I'd love to see is Wentz get traded to the Bears with Foles being part of the package.

Rockinz and Get me the Damn Ball like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The least you could do with this style of rant is be factual about it. He's made the playoffs twice and they were 3-3 his rookie year while he was lighting up the league (for a rookie at least) when he tore his ACL in his rookie year. He's 1-1 in the playoffs as well.

What if I told you Williams and Maye were both Jets after trading for him?

FJF and Get me the Damn Ball like this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

maybe him with Cohen and a first.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah but it’s interesting and not unreasonable.

there is already precedent for returning a signing bonus when a player retires mid contract. That was the Barry Sanders case where he signed a huge deal with a large signing bonus and then retired suddenly mid contract. I remember the back and forth on that...some said that since it was really a signing bonus he shouldn’t have to return it because he did sign. But common sense prevailed and he had to return the prorated signing bonus for every year he didn’t play. Which makes total sense. The team isn’t paying you millions just to sign a contract...they pay it to get your services for the term of the contract. So you can’t take that money and then say I quit.

this is really no different...he took a large signing bonus to agree to a contract for a specified number of years. He can’t expect to now say I quit after three months and keep the money. That’s just not right.

so it’s a great point....if I’m Houston, I’m saying fine, you want to quit? Then you owe us back that signing bonus before we even think of trading your ass. That’s what I’d do.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Snatch Catch

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...exans-insist-other-teams-trade-deshaun-watson

[​IMG]

17. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Man, I think the team that trades for Wentz will regret it...not because he's not talented, but because he sounds like a terrible team guy, poor leader and polarizing locker room figure. I'm not sure you can win when your QB is that type of guy even as talented as he is...But if there's a team to pull the trigger (possibly overpay) it would be the bears as you have a coach/GM on the hot seat. If they do nothing and bring back MT, they'll likely have a very average season and get fired. If they make the trade and it doesn't work out, they'll likely get fired...but on the off chance they make the trade and it works, they keep their jobs. Scream desperation from a GM/Coach who are both on their last legs...that's the worst place to be.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Watson just liked a JJ Watt tweet about the equipment manager they just fired lol. He's gonna force his way out, just a matter of time now.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They are probably gonna cut him regardless. They can save a ton of money and yea, odds are he wants out as well.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I was referring to Watson liking it more than JJ. Watson apparently he really liked the equipment guy. Just another reason to be pissed at the organization.