Super Bowl LV - Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 24, 2021.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Last year I picked the Chiefs.....this year I am picking the Buccaneers.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bucs are a solid team wouldn’t be surprised if they win

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You can't beat the Chiefs with 3 2nd half picks...
    I don't think the Bucs defense, as good as they've been, will be able to bail the team out yet again..

Chiefs win big.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I see Chiefs taking a big lead to start. Brady does his magic and comes back, but ultimately KC pulls ahead at the end. I cannot wait for Brady to retire. I am beyond sick of watching him play.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What magic? He threw 3 picks in second half against the Packers. They won despite him, primarily on the back of their D, ridiculous penalty calls, and bad GB coaching decisions.
    Against the Saints he didn’t even put up a score.

the Bucs are a solid team, but the “magic” has been their defensive performances.
    It would take a ton of good breaks to slow down KC enough to win though. They can score too easily.

Dierking likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Looks like you were right so far on this. Not sure how much it really affects the overall action as 80% of the money was on the Chiefs early but a bettor just placed a $2.3 million bet on the Buccaneers. I still imagine it's going to even out a bit more now that the line is over 3 in the way of the Buccaneers.

7. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I believe that the superior speed and athleticism of the Chiefs offense compared to the Bucs offense will win them this game. Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Pat Mahomes will be running wild and I don't believe that Todd Bowles will have an answer for it.

I also believe that the Chiefs will be the better prepared and coached team on Defense. I'll take a Steve Spagnuolo coached defense over a Todd Bowles defense any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Especially against Tom Brady.

Chiefs to cover + the Over.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

In a strange turn of events it won’t bother me to see Brady win the Super Bowl...but it ain’t happening.

Chiefs in a 90’s style Super Bowl blowout by 30.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mahomes gets clipped in the side of the head by a Tampa depth player early in Q2. Out for the rest of the game while the officiating crew Brady's things up and sportscasters get poetic about the amazing history they are watching.

FJF likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

All of my insufferably entitled patriot jizz mopper friends are rooting hard against TB12 if anyone cares.

11. abyzmul

Yeah that was always gonna be a given. Tom Brady is that extra 3 inches of penis length they never had. Bill Belichick returned them to bitch status this year.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While I think KC will win and I am rooting for KC to win, I think many in this thread are downplaying the role that Brady had in the GB win. He was looking really sharp in the first half which enabled them to have the big lead.
    Having that lead enabled them to withstand the picks and GB offense in the second half.

I think KC will win but I wouldn’t bet a nickel against Brady in the big one, and I would not be surprised if Tampa won.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Vegas needs the Chiefs to win badly. Which usually means the Chiefs will win

14. Jonathan_Vilma

How so? 80% of the money is on them as of the end of last week. CBS shows William Hill's splits as 61% spread, 58% ML on the Chiefs.

Vegas is a bunch of Tom Brady fans right now. Other than that book that took the $2.3 million bet on Brady.

Brook! likes this.
  15. abyzmul

Vegas may want Brady but the NFL probably wants that symbolic passing of the torch from one human cash register to the other.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

80% of the money is on the Chiefs? You sure about that

Also, regardless of the week of, the books were flooded with Buccaneers bets to win it all before the playoffs started. And that was when it had big boy odds.

It would be a disaster for the books if Tampa won. But I will say, the expansion of sports betting has wrecked the books in single game examples like this recently before so maybe everything is changing. In the past though, a line up like this would be a lock for the Chiefs

17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

OMG. It's disturbing how likely that sounds.

roboz08 likes this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

KC needs to light up the scoreboard quickly, forcing the 43 year old shoulder to work OT in the 2nd half....

19. Jonathan_Vilma

20. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I live in Tampa and my family are all Bucs fans. That being said, I am rooting for Brady. I think that this would be a great sports story similiar to Tiger Woods winning the Masters a few years ago. Not quite to that level though.