Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They're not Batman and Robin. :D

They're good QB's but they're not the 2nd coming of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Jets79 likes this.
  2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Latest rumor is Kareem Jackson saying this morning that his former teammate Watson was interested in the Broncos.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bosa and Armistead are out. So is Garoppolo, and he isn't talent. All three of their cap hits are too high and there's no way the Texans could fit any of them under the cap. They're not going to trade Kittle. Trading him would defeat the purpose of trading for Watson. Aiyuk, Greenlaw and Kinlaw aren't QBs, nor are they going to help get a QB. As I said, SF can't nearly what the Jets can.

4. NCJetsfan

I disagree. Watson is definitely better than Marino. If you think having Watson and Allen in our division wouldn't keep us from winning the division, then sorry, but I think you're delusional. Both already have better teams than us and are farther along in the development. They would have to suffer a lot of serious injuries and start missing on draft picks, JD would have to nail every single one of ours, and whichever rookie we drafted would have to become close to Watson and Allen, and the odds of all that happening are slim and none.

5. NCJetsfan

LOL Whatever. I totally disagree.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have a growing feeling that he is not going anywhere.

I think this is all turning into a fuckin circus.

chandler, Andy_M, Rockinz and 2 others like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He needs to do some scorched earth level shit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Snatch Catch

For now it is, definitely. But that's only because Watson isn't playing his cards. As soon as they go public with the dirty laundry and desires, it's only a matter of time for the Texans and their "we're not trading him" stance.

So it might take a while to get to that point, and the meanwhile feels like everybody sitting around doing nothing because they're waiting on the other side to do something they don't want to (HOU entertain offers / Watson going very public with his feelings).

NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to happen until the new league year starts when teams start moving forward under the assumption Watson isn't available. When the Texans realize they are about to lose out on a ton of picks to jumpstart their rebuild, they'll start to budge.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Watson is definitely not better than Marino... Marino is top 15 of all time at the QB position. Watson might be top 30-50 range all time at the end of his career.. If he gets a ring he could vault up the chart.. he’s in the conversation with Steve McNair and Cam Newton all time as of now.

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, that is out of our control. You don't give away everything just to prevent another team from making a move.

That's allowing fear to dictate action. That never ends well.

I want someone that is confident in building their vision and team, despite what other teams are trying to do. JD has to have that confidence, stick to his vision and plan, execute it, and be that team that other teams fear.

I don't give two fucks what the other teams are doing. We just went through 20 years of Tom Brady. Nothing scares me with that.

We have to be that team now. That's the only thing that matters.

...and making foolish decisions just to block other teams isn't going to make us successful.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Just spit balling on the Garapollo front under the premise that the NE connection might be strong with the GM.

Rockinz likes this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Maybe who knows.. I think he’s gone but Caserio is posturing and he learned from the best..

Watson will be in a new team come August

if it’s the Jets I’d be thrilled as long as we don’t get completely soaked...

The MOST I’m giving up is 2nd overall + 23rd overall + 1st Sea 2022 + Darnold. Anything more would be stupid

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can't worry about that. You have to build your own team. That is all that matters. Look at the NFC West. The Seahawks, Rams, 49ers, and Cardinals are all pretty good. That is how the NFL is supposed to be. We are just used to the Patriots dominating for two decades and then the Bills looking the best this year, that it has some fans worried. Watson going to the Dolphins would definitely make Miami a contender. The Bills should continue to be a contender in 2021 and no doubt the Patriots will be better. So it is a tough division (even if Watson doesn't go to Miami), but that doesn't mean the Jets can't be in the mix too. It hasn't happened for a long time, but it is realistic for the AFC East to be a good division from top to bottom for years to come. It's good they added that 7th seed to the playoffs! :)

#1574 The Dark Knight, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  15. JetBlue

I agree, you don’t make decisions out of fear and JD doesn’t strike me as an emotional or desperate decision maker.

16. JetBlue

Agreed; that’s the deal I’d be comfortable with as a fan and I’d assume JD would be comfortable with.

NYGANGGREEN and Jets79 like this.
  17. Snatch Catch

[​IMG]

K'OB likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Mike T's suggestion is way too much. I understand you might need to give up a little extra, but, giving up the farm isn't the way to go just because you are scared another team in your division might get him. It's silly.

That's why I referenced Mike T and his dumb assessment. Thank God he isn't the GM of our team anymore.

NYGANGGREEN and Jets79 like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

His offer is absolutely ludicrous. I'd go with a first round pick in each of the next 3 years, a day 2 pick either this year or next and Sam if they want him. To me that's an unbelievably good deal considering the amount of draft capital and money we would still have. But for the Panthers? That's rough.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Your best chance at reaching the SB is having home field in the playoffs. If you can't win your division it makes it very difficult. How many division titles did the Jets win when Marino and Kelly were playing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

J-Raw24 and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.