Michael Kay stirring the pot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Feb 3, 2021.

1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I was reading on Twitter that Perriman and Mims trashed Darnold only to find this. Apparently both players were on Bart Scott’s radio show and did a quick interview (super bowl radio row). I did not listen to either interview. Sounds like Michael Kay is just trying to stir the pot. Must be a slow news day for these guys.

Either way I wouldn’t put much stock into either of these guys. Perriman was a complete bust of a free agent signing and Mims is a 22 year old kid who is still learning how to do an interview.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I listened to both interviews and did not take it as them trashing anyone.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Some shows stick to the sports talk and you can listen. Others take what someone says and runs with it. I heard the interview. I got from it what the season is. Coaching wasn't good. Qb didn't play well (never said but read between the lines) and is looking forward to working with the new coaching staff. Nothing shocking or earth shattering but to get any listeners this is the way to do it. Miss the days of reporting then talking about it. Now everything is analyzed.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't blame either one, especially Mims. Mims got few passes thrown his way by Sam because Sam can't see the field. It may not have been the most professional, "smart," or gracious way to answer the question, but they were being honest.

I also think that one of those on the show nailed it when he said that he had convinced himself that Sam was the guy, that he had to be the guy. He said he always blamed someone else for Sam's poor play until the end of this season. I think that's what most Sam fans have done, and some are still doing thinking that he can be the guy and that the Jets should build around him. It's delusional. They want him to be "the guy" so badly, they've convinced themselves that he is the guy, and it's everyone else's fault but Sam's that he hasn't succeeded with the Jets.

REVISion, Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Take it with a grain of salt. Like Cimini and Mehta, Kay cut his teeth working for New York City tabloids. The job of a tabloid reporter is to stir shit by making something out of nothing. They try to convert even the most innocuous comment into a full-blown controversy.

Frankly, I find Kay to be beyond annoying, especially on the Yankee broadcasts. He doesn't understand that we tune in to watch the game, not to listen to him. He always tries to be the smartest guy in the room by bombarding us with stupid information: with that home run, Gary Sanchez is now 13th on the all-time list for home runs by right-handed hitters on odd-numbered Tuesdays in July. It's so bad that I'm thinking about learning Spanish so I can listen to the Spanish language broadcasts of the Yankee games.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Hate his terrible cya home run call

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not saying you're wrong about Kay, but this is a trend that's taken over almost all of sports broadcasts and I agree, it's annoying as fuck. ESPN is unbearable with such things.

matt robinson 17 and Since1969 like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrote a reply but lost it in the editing. Will try later.

#8 westiedog1, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Statistically I don't know if this is true, but Mims looked like a legitimate prospect with Flacco. Again, this is just the eye test, but Mims did not impress me at all with Darnold.

Ray Lucas and matt robinson 17 like this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines it seems pretty obvious that Sam isn't held in high regard among his teammates. Between this and Quinnen/Becton openly supporting a Watson trade on Twitter it's pretty damning.

I don't think it's professional to do so, I wish they'd stick up for him as long as he's still on the team, but it seems apparent that his play is not respected.

LAJet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Flacco games were NE, LAC, and MIA. He was definitely targeted more when Flacco was QB.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.