Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Yessir, you can firmly put me in the batshit loco camp.

b.reyes16 and abyzmul like this.
  2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I agree with all of your post.
    AND the best thing for the Jets, the ideal situation and the fastest way to rebuild, would be keeping Darnold and having him turn it around. I know, it's not likely, but that is the best case scenario. They could trade #2 to a QB needy team and get a decent haul for it. Use that and all the other picks to restock the cupboard. And again, hoping Sam gets really good does seem far fetched at this point.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m really torn on this....great spot for JD. It a tough spot too....but hey....that’s why he gets the big bucks

I don’t know if Sam can be a good to great QB....I would hope he can do better than what he showed this year, which was shit. But I don’t know.

If I had to guess, I would be surprised if JD traded the farm for Watson....I think he’d do it at a reasonable price point but I don’t see him trading 4 first rounders, and probably not three either. I’d guess he drafts a QB to get that rookie scale pay, and then he’ll either keep Darnold and see if the new coaching and scheme help him (future trade value) or I can see him trading Sam if he gets a reasonable offer (let’s say a second rounder). I guess if JD and Saleh feel really good about Sam they may keep him and trade out of two and roll that way, but I’d guess if he keeps Sam, he’d also draft a QB to groom too.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Watson doesn’t have to pay shit with Covid opt out rules now. Oh boy this is getting good.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I think, like, 87% of this board has posted something highlighting this point.

[​IMG]

apjbfc and MoWilkBeast like this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup. I've been saying Miami is not in this as long as the Jets are. The #2 pick is HUGE value, especially when you know for sure Jax is going QB at #1.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He also wouldn’t earn shit, and if he used Covid as an excuse not to show up his contract would toll, giving the Texans even more leverage.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Now imagine if the Jags/Meyer are still sending out smoke signals about how close they view Lawrence and Fields as the draft gets closer!!!

10. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

That'd be the Pats, Bills, Phins and Giants then?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Watson does Deshaun Watson the football player a lot more harm than good if he sits out. Even if he avoids the fines by way of a Covid opt out.

NCJetsfan, NYJFOREVER and JetBlue like this.
  12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The only problem with this is that if Houston likes Tua and takes him in the package. Then it doesn't really matter that the Jets have #2.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Sitting out a year is just bad news for a player. No matter how much you practice and train, you just can't simulate a live game experience.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's also an unbelievably stupid move for the Texans to call his bluff. What's the best case scenario if he sits out? He comes back after a year off and has a down year? I understand optics but the Texans would be complete morons to let him sit out the year without trading him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

100% agree.

Best bet for them is to move him before FA begins as long as they get the right offer. They'd know what draft capital they have and what they need to address in FA. They'll screw it up though, the Texans are a disaster.

NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  16. JetBlue

They would call his bluff because they expect him to fold and not sit out, not to force him to sit out, so you can’t simply say calling his bluff is unbelievably stupid by only focusing on one potential outcome.

17. BroadwayAaron

Correct, but I also think Watson would hold out and I wouldn't blame him. I think he's 100% committed to never making another dime for the McNair family again.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. JetBlue

I think he will hold out until the point he realizes they aren’t trading him (if they don’t) and would then report.

that is if they are steadfast against trading him.

19. BroadwayAaron

You have a new head coach who is also a rookie head coach, if Watson is even threatening to hold out then you have to move on before the draft to give your coach even a chance at success. You can't roll into camp with Watson holding out and also none of the assets you could have traded him for. There are so many reasons for the Texans to move on if Watson has made it clear he never intends to play for them again.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

The most Jets thing ever would be to get Watson for multiple first round picks and then to Jaguars to pick Fields @1 giving Houston Lawrence in a gift wrap. :D

That being said, I would love to see Watson in Jets uniform, but only if we don't mortgage our future on it. Three 1st rounders max, maybe few additional picks as well. That would still leave us enough picks to build the team along with free agent signings.

Jets79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.