Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It not semantics at all because we aren’t arguing about the words. I disputed your reasoning, not your conclusion — those are two entirely different things. Only an imbecile confuses those two, and when I attempted to explain the difference to you your reply was you had no idea what I was talking about. No kidding you don’t; there’s no surprise that if you don’t know the difference the explanation would be too complicated for you too.

Other posters don’t generally interject themselves into other’s disagreements, so the lack of doing so has no bearing on the validity of either persons argument. That very argument is a logical fallacy — argumentum ad populum. So now you are not only exhibiting a lack of comprehension and thinking ability you are proudly committing logical fallacies and think you are making a strong argument.

pedophiles defend other pedophiles — by your reasoning that defense would make their justification of pedophilia valid.

let’s also not ignore the imbecile who ran to your defense wouldn’t help your cause to begin with.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I understand but they are still always going to be a 1st round pick eventually and never ever a third.

Try getting a good deal at the car lot with cash nowadays and they are not interested, they want you signed up on credit for 4 years :rolleyes:

Well in the uk anyways, cash was king now it's plastic lol

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

My friend bringing paedophilia into an argument is never ever a good look.

BacktoQueens and jonnyd like this.
  4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

What's the hold up here Joe Douglas? Get to it already.

5. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

And whatever other people say to me you’ll still blame me.

6. Catfish Billy

I feel sorry for you. Anyone who talks like this must be miserable or something.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Billy. Anytime you feel like you are being attacked, please report. Trust me, anybody who crosses the line will be punished.

8. Brook!

JB. Please cool down. Not cool brother. Nobody is imbecile. Being polite is free. Ignoring the ones who annoy you is also free. Name calling not cool.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That same defense was also with Donald most of the second half and he was basically a shell of himself in the first half with the abdomen/ribs injury. Unfortunately for them, the defense won't tick if he's not a wrecking ball for them.

This move is a big ol' gamble for the Rams. They have a two year window until as you pointed out - father time wins. Not necessarily just for Stafford, but for the rest of the team.

They're doubling down on a their superstars first, draft picks second mentality and so far it's worked out fairly well for them. They have a very good young secondary outside of Ramsey, good receivers, and a solid albeit unspectacular offensive line. If they can add a couple effective mid-round linebackers and figure out a way to upgrade the offensive line along the way, their window is wide open for next year and possibly the following year.

If any of their key players blows out a knee (specifically Donald), they're cooked.

10. Catfish Billy

Lol you’re a fucking liar, dude. How many times have we’ve gone over this and you always make a joke out of it and then blame me? Last time Cman did what you wouldn’t do, so yeah, go away.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's current year value though.

You also have to consider the trade in actual value in future years and the Rams gave away a lot of value in 2022 and 2023 to make this trade. They were forced to do so by the cap contraction but the trade will have a huge impact on what the Rams look like in 2024.

On another topic that is completely mind blowing: the Saints are $112M over the cap for 2021. This is before Drew Brees retires, which will save them $13.5M against the 2021 cap. $98.5M over. I'm not sure there is a technical way for them to manage the cap problem this year. They may have to throw themselves on the mercy of the Commissioner and beg for a forbearance with some other price paid down the road.

Noam likes this.
  12. Brook!

Billy. Again, you keep misunderstanding me. Go rest 6 months. Maybe God will put some sense to you. I am anything but liar. Watch who you attack next time.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think it is a gamble as much as a desperate prayer. They had no way out of the cap crunch before the deal and they're still $10M over now.

I think the odds on them winning next year are moderate - given that Stafford will raise the level of the offense. However they still have moves to make before they are cap worthy and as you point out any significant injury run is likely to doom their chances.

14. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Their window is closing soon. Not a bad move, in my opinion.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah and he’s never won jack shit. So his stats are great and his W-L record not so much. He’s been on bad teams for sure but he’s never won a playoff game.

I’m super curious to see how this turns out. The Rams are a win now team. He’s a god QB. Let’s see what happens.

I’m not a huge Rams fan, but I’d be nervous if I was...they are getting older and they haven’t had a first round pick in years and now for two more after this year. That’s gotta catch up to them at some point. Huge deals for Ramsey, Donald, etc....

very interesting to watch.

and some similarities to Watson....clearly Watson is younger and entering his prime instead of kind of on the tail end of it like Stanford ... but two good QBs who throw for a ton of years but haven’t won any playoff games and can kinda sorta carry a team but not really...I think Watson is better but we’ll see what happens

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  17. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Like 3 1st 2 second rounders and 2 defense of starters...

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I heard someone mention the Rams were built for Goff's play action, roll out type offense with quicker olineman to accommodate Goff running around, where Stafford is a big arm pocket passer that will need a clean pocket to operate from. Completely different philosophy for the oline. It'll be interesting to see how both sides adjust.

19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Well if that’s the case let’s sell him Marcus Maye as the second coming of Ed Reed and two first round picks.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Maye is a free agent unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.