Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Hold up... you said 4 first round picks AND Quinnen Williams. I said fuck no to that...

K'OB likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree with your conclusion 1000%. He will not be a Jet, not good for him.
    IMO, The bold is nothing more than your opinion. These are not facts. But as it is, based on your premise, that will get two average starters, then not having them will make this team bottom of the league in talent once again, the roster less talented than the Texans per your words, and Watson will be lucky to win four games. Sorry, but you just made a case why the Jets should not trade all their capital now. And yes, many of us have quite a lot of confidence in JD for the long term. Not too mention that Watson will be a fool to come to this team in the present state. This is an argument in futility because Watson will be traded to a win now team if traded at all.

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

it drives the price up and gives the seller more power because he is not in a must sell mode. he is saying
    he wants the guy so if you want him , pay up or be on your way.

#923 BudJet, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  4. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Anyone know what this guy just said?

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The outcome would be the same whether they mean it or are bluffing, so that doesn’t address why they would simply be bluffing that.

6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Let's trade all the players and draft pick while we are at it. We will only have Deshaun Watson but who cares? Right?

LAJet likes this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Quinnen stays. We will be ok without Dehsuan.

LAJet likes this.
  8. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Couldn't put it better. Draft well and your team keeps ticking over nicely. Draft badly over a few years and you end up with holes to fill everywhere.

LAJet likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing. Some of the trades offered here are ridiculous. I still think a first per year the next 3 years gets it done. Not adding Q or anything outrageous. So we would still have several great picks. If our front office hits on those picks and we have DW we will be doing great. QB is the hardest thing to hit on. Most of these guys after Lawerence will fail in the nfl. Plan and simple.

NCJetsfan, NYGANGGREEN and chad2coles like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. That is the difference between long term team success and not trade the farm for a QB on a team with paper thin talent.

11. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

the only constant in long term success since the 90s is elite qb play.

bicketybam and Vida like this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The point is we are not a good enough team to give up all that for one player - even a top QB in his prime. The Bengals and chargers did pretty well finding an FQB last year. We shouldn't act like Watson, Fields, or Wilson are the last chances we will ever have of finding a FQB.

I see a lot of people think Smith and Chase are comparable NFL prospects. They aren't. Smith beats him in nearly every comparison, including work ethic. Smith is going to drastically change whatever offense he ends up in. But for what its worth BicketyBam is right - I've become obsessed with getting Smith on the Jets.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At some point it isn't worth it. I know he's elite but if the Jets lose their minds and trade some insane package to Houston, they hurt the situation more than help it and he's probably shopping for a new team in 3 years anyway.

I did change my mind about the idea of trading for him, but there has to be some reasonable line drawn somewhere that invalidates him as an option.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The Jets will have to overpay, if anything, as I don’t believe for a minute Watson wants to make NY his first choice. We are far and away from being a contender, and the picks will weaken us even more.

ouchy likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes. BUT, Not without a good supporting cast, It takes both. That’s why Stafford never quite made it, that’s what Aaron is pissed, and why Watson wants out.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If Miami is his first choice and they have interest in trading for him, then it's a pretty safe bet that the Jets won't be on his list because they are really the only team with the capital to sweeten the pot more than Miami.

I have been operating with the hope that the Texans are truly as clueless as it seems from the outside and will end up accepting much less than most of the ridiculous trade packages suggested in this thread. At that point he would be more than worth it.

Because as much as I value the idea of a pure and sound rebuild from the ground, you don't leave this opportunity unexplored because it is an historic event that could be a franchise changer. This is a different NFL.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Why would the Texans getting more assets from the Jets result in Watson choosing to accept the trade if he doesn’t want to play here? There’s no correlation between what the Jets would have to give up to entice the Texans and what it would take for Watson to be enticed to play here. In fact, they would seem to be at odds.

the Jets have to appeal to Watson on why he can be successful here; I doubt that Watson is going to demand the Jets pay more for him to believe that to be true.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don’t disagree with you, but if the starting bid is nothing less than three firsts, moving rapidly to may be four firsts plus a second rounder we will not be able to give Watson enough weapons in the long run to be successful without getting in absolute cap hell. Miami can offer Watson a much better team to start with, as SF. I don’t see the bidding market much past 3 teams. If Stafford goes to SF, Miami is the most likely scenario.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Because at the end of the day it will be a negotiation. If Watson wants out, then he will need to accept whatever team is most favorable to Houston. I might be wrong but I don’t believe he has the right to chose what team he goes to, so all being equal, Watson will be happier with Miami and help Houston seal the deal.

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

When is it my turn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.