Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

With all due respect, there's no way your proposal is accepted.

2. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I would think #2, #23 or Quinnen and a 2022 1st would do it, plus some swapping of rounds between the teams.

Would give them blue chip players on each side of the ball this coming year and a pair of 1sts to work with next year.

I don't know, though, some crazy ass team might offer four firsts or 6-7 picks/players because he's the right kind of talent at the right age for something unprecedented like that.

chandler likes this.
  3. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I don't see the point of adding sure thing pieces to one side of the ball if you're going to take them away from the other side. 3 first rounders... #2 and Jamal Adams. That's it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Lon Chaney

I think you are severely underestimating what it's going to take to get Watson.

5. Lon Chaney

There's no way that's gonna be enough IMO. There are probably 6-8 teams in this sweepstakes. I'm fine with looking for a competent replacement for Williams. Interior DL don't win championships.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Half of these teams these bozos are mentioning have little to no cap space or are in the negatives. Those teams also pick outside of the top 10 (besides Carolina) and don't have the luxury of multiple 1st round daft picks.

It's Jets or Fins and maybe San Fran because they'd be swapping Jimmy G's contract for Watson's and would still be in an okay cap situation.

NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  7. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Maybe, but adding a high-value established player like Q to #2 is hard to match from other teams. You may get more picks from a team like the 9ers, but you won't be getting the first shot at Fields or Wilson.

Jets79 and Lon Chaney like this.
  8. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it too, but not while give away 4 more 1st rounders with him... thats nuts. If that is what they are asking for, then good luck to them. I'd rather roll with Sam.

Jets79 likes this.
  9. Lon Chaney

On the surface, I agree. Parting with 4 first rounders and Williams is an extraordinary amount of capital. But this is an extraordinary situation.

Mahomes, Lamar, Allen and tons lesser b extent Herbert, Burrow and Lawrence all in the AfC for the foreseeable future.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There is no scenario where I'd rather roll with Sam. If you don't do the trade, draft Sam's replacement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense to include Q or any other talent on the roster in a trade for Watson for the Jets or the Texans. The Jets need to surround Watson with talent and the Texans need to cut salary and collect draft picks. They should be looking to trade Tunsil, draft Watson's replacement and some O-linemen, and have a veteran qb play for them this season.

They are basically the Jets when Douglas took over, except they don't have their 1st or 2nd round picks this year. Douglas used Adams to bring in picks and the 2020 season to clear bad contracts. By the time they are ready to compete, Q will need to be extended.

NCJetsfan, Jets79 and JetBlue like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The #2 pick could be worth 3 1st round picks by itself. So you are giving it away plus 3 other 1st round picks and the 2019 #3 overall pick Quinnen Williams? That would suck so much and go against Douglas' philosophy 100%. Watson may even reject that, knowing the Jets would be terrible and unable to build around him.

13. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

That is totally understandable and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB. But, I think if we don't get Deshaun, that's what is going to happen. I get the feeling they will give Sam another shot.

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

there are some insane drunken sailor offers being suggested

far lesser package would get TL -- who by all accounts is the second coming of Jesus and on a rookie scale

It's like the dot com bubble or that Tulip mania from long ago

Cromartie's_kid, JetBlue and ouchy like this.
  15. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

As far as Cimini, how can you blame him? It’s really his only option to play it down. He’s a public media figure, if he plays up the likelihood at all the national media landscape will focus on him. The fans will all turn on him if it doesn’t work out.

It’s not his fault, he has to downplay this one and I get it.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I REALLY like Watson as a player, and was who I really hoped the JETS would draft instead of Adams, but I'm going to say NO WAY JOSE to that deal...... essentially 5 first round picks, with 2 near the top of the draft :confused:

Jets79 and JetBlue like this.
  17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

There is no way we make this trade. Especially if you consider you could most likely trade 3-4 first for the #1 pick. Absolutely wouldn't happen. And I seriously doubt Q is traded. I think he was probably the one player Saleh was most excited to coach.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Then you add Saleh to the package!!!! Whatever it takes!!!!!!!!!! This is a special opportunity and a Super Bowl will never be won without Watson!!!!

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Lol. Seriously some people are just ready to trade the whole team here. Any team that pays everything is going to be a losing team and he will want out. I think 3 first will do it. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd tacked on.

20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, and I'm certainly not an expert, but with what I have read about Joe Douglas I can't see him giving that much draft capitol away to secure one position.....even if it IS the QB. I expect that the Jets will make a reasonable offer - and then move on. Hard to see DW coming here, but with Sherman, Marshal, and other notables advising otherwise, and Saleh being here, who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.