Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't know why I'm wasting the energy but your incessant whining about the fictional "go woke go broke" bullshit is tired. No one cares. Only you give a shit. It has nothing to do with the Jets, Watson, or really anything whatsoever because it's something you and people like you have made up in your head to justify being made about certain people saying certain things you don't agree with. And yes, it's political, so talk about it there where maybe someone will entertain you because I'm done doing it.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Truthfully we'd be lucky to get a trade at all. There is very little need in the top 5 for any of them to trade up. All 5 can stay put and one of the pieces of gold will fall to them. If Atlanta is really in love with Fields they might trade up, and if they are in love give up more then a 2. But if they stay put, either Fields or Wilson will fall to them anyway, as well as 1 of the other 3 blue chips - Smith, Sewell, or Chase. All of us in the top 5 are getting the best so no need to trade up.

My scenario I meant I'd like to get Atlanta's 2nd and Smith. In reality Miami would probably take Smith at 3. That is bad too. We don't have anyone that could come close to covering Smith. Even with Watson we'd look like Ohio State in the championship game against them.

#722 ouchy, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

you obviously care

fail

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Get this turd outta here @Brook!

5. Longsuffering88

Why is bashing Manish ok?
    his record was awful but it’s ok to be the front page?

Smith is poor and has been fired and demoted . Just like Manish. What’s the difference?

I think I know what it is

cancel culture children needs just one opinion

Boo hoo

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think Watson would approve the trade to both. It's not going to be that he is forcing Texans to only talk to one team. They are going to try to get the best value they can, and if Jets offer a package that they want, or Miami does, Watson has certainly given some indication that he would accept both destinations.

ouchy likes this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Hopefully Miami offers a better deal

TheCleaner likes this.
  9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

TL;DR: Lots of ways for Douglas to get to a Jets win.

There's at least two routes for the Jets to prevail. Sure, they could get Watson. But they also could bid up the price so that Miami drains all their cap and resources to get him. Beyond that, the Jets could aid in facilitating a Watson trade to the NFC and acquire more draft picks and talent in the process. (Think Cleveland in the Jets' Harden trade. Did they really do anything to get Allen?!) And, if all else fails, Douglas sticks to his original plan of drafting right and building out from the ball. Either way, as fans, we've just got to trust the process.

chandler, abyzmul and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Brett Farve is sending us a message:

"I don't know if Jacksonville, in my opinion, I don't know if quarterback is their immediate need," Favre told TMZ Sports. "I would take DeVonta Smith.”

"I think you go with a guy like that," Favre continued. "Nothing against Trevor Lawrence but I think you can find a free agent guy or a guy in the latter rounds or mid-rounds in the draft. But, you just don't find a guy like — this guy could be a Jerry Rice. He could be different, but a Randy Moss. A total game-changer, but again, a different style. He's just an incredible player. He should be the first pick."

Obviously Farve is nuts. But he is secretly saying the Jets should take him at 2.

#730 ouchy, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    chandler, abyzmul and JetsKickAss like this.
  11. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

13. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Houston will need a potential franchise QB if they trade Watson. Therefore our #2 pick is extremely valuable to them and the most important pick in the draft, other than #1. That is the reason why we don't have to trade a ton to get Watson. I would not trade multiple firsts, seconds, or whatever outrageous offer you want to throw at them. Even if the Dolphins offer their #3 and #18 pick, it is still not as valuable as having the option to select the QB you want at #2. Points system means nothing in this case.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

There’s zero excuse for the jets not getting Watson. They have the most picks, the highest picks, and the most intriguing qb going back the other way in Darnold.

15. Longsuffering88

Don’t want him

Stay the course

TheCleaner likes this.
  16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

LMAO

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That organization Is a literal circus. In no way do I think they navigate through this on the winning side of the fence. This is like reality TV at this point. I think Watson gets traded for far less than people think he will at this point. Just a feeling.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not going to turn out that way. Only teams on Watson's list are going to make bids and the jets aren't going to be on the list.

abyzmul and Longsuffering88 like this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's certainly possible, but if Jets come up with 3 firsts, I don't even think 4 firsts from Patriots, Carolina, and 49ers is better. Carolina is the best seated at #8, so you are looking at #8 + extra 1st rounder or 2nd overall. To me second overall seems more appealing in this draft as you can replace Watson with your choice of any QB aside from Lawrence. By the 8th pick Wilson, Fields, and Lance will likely be all gone. But yes, it is possible teams will offer combinations of picks and young players to beat 3 first rounds from the Jets, like Bosa perhaps from 49ers and 4 first round picks. Maybe Miami, if they offer 4 first rounders can get it done. That's why while Jets are favorites against each of the teams individually, there is a larger probability ONE of the remaining teams can still come up with a better offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.