Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Can we list them? Because when I went back and looked a few days ago the connections were certainly not fabricated, but the connective tissue between who actually posted something, and who actually was speaking in a video wasn't as strong as the "his agent is on video saying he wanted the car in Jets green" twitter reaction led me to believe initially. (I think in that video it was an unknown someone else in a fairly big group of people saying the Jets green comment).

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I looked into it actually.

It’s his marketing agent, someone very close to Watson, and all of this stuff is coming from the same place.

When Watson is car shopping, it’s his marketing agent who makes the “Jet Green comment”

The same guy helped produce the “Diplomats music video” on Instagram.

He made another Watson to Jets reference on some type of Instagram or Twitter livestream last night.

Watson’s actual NFL agent cannot be the one doing this or it’s going to be tampering for sure.

But this guy works for Watson, and if Watson didn’t like it, he would have said “shut the fuck up right now”

K'OB and NYJFOREVER like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets gave up 457 points last year.

How exactly are you planning to fix both the offense and the defense if you give up a boatload of value for Watson?

If you added Deshaun Watson to the Jets last year we'd still have been as bad as the Texans were. We'd have been better than we were but teams basically spent most of the season scoring on us at will. The Texans scored 141 points more than we did and still got beat like a drum because their defense stank. Well our defense was right there with them on the stank scale.

4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

not trying to further complicate things but there's a double edge sword to all of these QB rumors, e.g., Rodgers and Stafford on the move, Rivers retired. Have we heard about Brees

Stafford and Rodgers rumors provide high enough quality options that Houston has to lower demands, or teams (us and everyone else) could see those candidates as high quality alternatives even if stop gaps. Not totally clear to me how that plays out for timing for Houston. E.g., if they wait trading options could evaporate .

On the flip side, i also think it devalues our #2 pick for similar reasons. Teams who were otherwise considering bidding for our #2 slot to get a QB might see those guys as viable options and save their draft capital

Higher supply of talented (known) QBs should drive down price.

the flip side to that flip side is Indianapolis and perhaps Saints(and others) might be driving up demands because of retirements or otherwise seeking a reliable upgrade

As a general matter I'm philosophically against giving up a lot of picks for any QB when the team already has a lot of holes. But Watson is so good at so many things it might be worth an exception to the rule.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

good point about the defense, and tanneybaum said on the radio
    we should give up anything, including q willams for watson?

price is already insane without him. pass!

Longsuffering88 and Br4d like this.
  6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Lol we’re not trading Quinnen

PJ4Ever and Jets4eva9011 like this.
  7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

That depends. I don't think Rodgers will ultimately go anywhere (Stafford could, though). Teams may still value our #2 pick in terms of drafting a young QB on a cheap contract.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

To be honest neither Stafford nor Rodgers have anything to do with Deshaun's market. The only teams in play for Watson in reality are NYJ or MIA.

If the Dolphins don't get Watson, they run with Too. They don't even consider Stafford or Rodgers.

If the Jets don't get Watson they draft a QB at #2. They won't consider Stafford or Rodgers either.

Jets79 likes this.
  9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The New York Jets SHOULD Trade for Deshaun Watson!

Please like and subscribe! ✈️

NYJetsO12, PJ4Ever and K'OB like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

They started to fix the defense by firing Williams. Just having a new defensive coaching staff will improve the unit. And they would still have draft picks left after trading for Watson. It's not like we would be trading the entire draft for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12, PJ4Ever and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

All I’m saying is there is ZERO margin for error going forward. If we trade four first round picks, we’re going to need 3rd round picks to become starters and good starters. Being we drafted Ashtyn Davis and Jabari Zunigga this year, I don’t know if we can make it work

ouchy likes this.
  12. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

The Jets are young on defense and bringing in a coach that had a top 5 defense even after getting killed with injuries to his top players. They are also getting CJ Mosely back and would have cap space and draft picks even after adding Watson to the roster. If the Jets defense next year is anywhere near the Texans this past year, we hired the wrong coach.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That is unequivocally false and to make that claim is just ridiculous.

It's hilarious some people don't understand the amount of resources the Jets would still have even after trading for Watson, despite the fact that this board just spent 100 pages discussing it in another thread.

NYJetsO12, PJ4Ever and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

For whatever it's worth, looks like the odds of Wilson becoming a Jet have moved to 31% on betting sites:

Houston is still favored to keep him (45%), and Miami has next best odds at 15%.
    69% chance according to this we are not going to get him, but this is still 31% is pretty massive shift in Jets favor ... for now.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBF Woody said if we give up 4 first round picks. That is 4 potential probowl players.

The people who keep claiming "they still don't get it" act like they know the terms of the trade already, and that we wouldn't be giving up all our #1s in any given year. Like Houston is going work around our rebuild for us. In reality they are going to insist on both our 1st this season and probably our 2 as well. If I was in their shoes I sure would.

They have a lot of rebuilding to do also. If they dump Watson they are going to need value to show right away.

16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Wah likes this.
  17. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You mis-quoted me

i said ALL my pics

Be fair at least when disagreeing

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Yes, please be fair... nobody ever said to give up ALL their picks for Watson. Most of the people that want him have been saying 3 first rounders give or take, yet you keep saying the jets will have no picks left.

Regardless, Tom Brady has been in the league for 20 years playing like a pro bowler for nearly all of it. He is absolutely worth an entire draft worth of picks plus jamal adams. But whatever...

NYJetsO12 and PJ4Ever like this.
  19. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

I understand that argument, and I would hope that Douglas could get it done for #2 and a 1st in ‘22 and ‘23. But I think you’re underestimating how difficult it is to find a franchise qb and how much Watson’s production would help to put the team in position consistently contend.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I agree I don’t want Watson... I want to trade down or Sewell...

Br4d and Longsuffering88 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.