Darnold, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Dec 28, 2020.

?

Fields, Wilson or Darnold

1. Fields

22.0%
  2. Wilson

26.3%
  3. Darnold

31.7%
  4. Other - Explain

10.8%
  5. Watson: 3 1st's

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Not giving him 35mill per on a suspect leg....

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Wilson seems like the guy who best fits the Shanny system and could be really good. It is early, but, I can see myself falling on the Wilson bandwagon. The Charlie Campbell report citing 3 sources that character is a problem is concerning. He might be another Rosen. A immature selfish QB will likely have an even tougher time in NY. In another month we should have a lot better idea about these QBs and the Jets intentions.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I had sam, jackson, and allen.
    never liked baker and rosen was just there. safe pick (supposedly lol) but nothing impressive.

the thing is we are all wrong at times which is why I don't get the arguing. I took so much shit for not liking baker and even suggesting jackson or allen as being better then him. we can't predict the future it's a guess. everyone's guess is valid whether you agree or not

REVISion likes this.
  4. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Trade 3-#1s for Watson and he will set the franchise in motion for success for a decade!!

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You didn't get heat for not liking Baker, you got heat for going on a year-long vendetta against him.

Noam likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's my point. i never had a vendetta. it was fake news. I just didn't want us to draft him because he wasn't great on film. people act like I hated the guy and held it against him. i was just speaking on him as a prospect. I'm not high on fields either and don't want us to draft him. How long before people say I hate him too?

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I like DJ I’ve been watching him for years. Not too sure about a few prospects.. Sewell is too low for me... same with Fields.. same with Devante Smith

REVISion likes this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Quinnen stopped following Sam on IG

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

For real? I usually don't put much stock in things like this but combined with Q and Becton openly campaigning for Watson it seems like they really don't care for Sam. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Where did you see that? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

REVISion likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What's more, is that I heard them say that Sam was higher rated than Fields by them 3 years ago, therefore he is still better prospect. This argument is just insane. Actually, not even 3, they are holding on to ratings from 4 years ago, after that Rose Bowl game, when "Suck for Sam" started. He had a pretty poor junior year, and they are explaining that by some players leaving in College. Then last 3 years are explained by Gase and bad team around him, even though a washed up guy like Flacco has more success in the same system. Ultimately, there a common denominator.

Guys like Fields or Wilson are two years younger, and Lance 3 years younger and all loaded with as much or more talent, but have not gotten an opportunity to showcase and improve in NFL. I am just befuddled how someone case say Sam is a better prospect than them now, because they rated him rated higher 3 years ago. It is simply illogical argument, and makes them look even more stupid than ranking him as high as they did years back.

12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Just figured I’d look up his followers (him and becton) our two cornerstones and Quinnen doesn’t or never has

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

"Never has" and "stopped" are two very different things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NYGANGGREEN, REVISion, Borat and 2 others like this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Narrator: Unfortunately for Woody, it was just as he began grappling with the idea that person X might never have followed person Y on IG that he realized his drink had been spiked with acid.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wait, so which is it? Doesn't or never has? Let's be clear about our dumb social media pseudo-drama here.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He will be utterly brilliant for us and then in year three his shoulder will explode and leave us fucked as we are 10-0, sounds familiar.

Jets luck :(

Noam likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't disagree with most of what you say but I am sick of reading how well Flacco did in Gase's system, he was still shit, the system was still shit and Gase was and still is a massive shit.

18. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I would of been happy with one more SHIT in there bc that guy was worse than Bowles and I didnt think it could get any worse than a corpse standing on the sidelines

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Because that's exactly how it is.

Using #2 overall on a non-FQB puts us right where we now (albeit it in 3-4 years). And the FIRE JOE banners will be flying.

Letting Sam play out his 4th season with or w/o his 5th yr is just that. Keeping the seat warm.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yes he did. Aired the ball out nice.

Can't help but wonder if Flacco did better b/c he wasn't trying to play within Gase's game plan. Sam, yes. Sam's the starting QB and has the game plans drilled into his head. Flacco? Not so much. Flacco could give a rats ass what Gases's game plan is/was (probably didn't even know) and just played HIS game, the game he's played for 10 years now. Air Flacco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.