Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, my kids are on a hybrid 2 in 3 remote, 2 cohorts, Wednesday remote for everyone schedule. The school district tried to do away with snow days and just force everyone remote instead of canceling school for the day. Well that didn’t fly with a lot of parents. Not sure why, they tack the unused days onto other breaks so it’s a wash. Anyway, enough didn’t like the idea that the school district comprised and now they get snow days unless it’s a Wednesday since it’s a remote only day anyway.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm surprised that they backed down - out here on LI, the pattern is that they just go remote.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've been dealing with an ongoing problem with a co-worker at work. She has 3 kids in different schools and between them she has child care problems every day of the week. I've been working with her for 9+ months now and she has been 15 minutes to 2 hours late every day in that span. Makes my shifts very unpredictable. Her mom works also so no help there and she can't ask her grandparents for help with the kids because they're in their 70's in a bubble that might well be saving their lives.

No idea what the answer is and I haven't complained at work but the up to 18 hour shifts are starting to become a major problem in the cold mornings we have had lately.

Brook! likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I bought a snow blower for the first time in 26 years of home ownership. Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. bicketybam

Just started coming down in New Milford, CT[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You have a nice deck bickety. I don't have a deck and I am envious.

bicketybam likes this.
  7. bicketybam

Thanks, Brook. I'm actually replacing it in tbe spring. The pressure treated wood is starting to rot and it's a little too narrow. I'm making it 4' deeper (14'x20') and using composite. No more splinters!

I'm doing an outdoor kitchen underneath, waterproof ceiling, outdoor TV, ceiling fans, lights etc. And then a spa under a pavilion in the fall (8 month lead time on the spa ). I figure if I'm going to be trapped at home I might as well make it a party zone

FJF and Brook! like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Duuuuudeeee. Now I am double envious. We gotta do a tailgate together. Bring some scotch. @GreenFan15J @zace are my other Tailgate buddies. We will all meet up hopefully one day.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. bicketybam

I haven't been to a game since the old stadium. I was a season ticket holder for years. Even got tickets for the new stadium but just never went. I'd give them to friends. It's such a hike from New Milford to the Meadowlands. Now that I'm in my 50's I enjoy the game on my 65" TV with bozze and snacks. If they are getting smacked, I'll watch one of the other games on Sunday Ticket My brother just got 3 seats so maybe I'll go once next year.

P.S. I've seen some bad games live. The Marino fake spike and the game Byrd broke his back are probably the worst. The Bubby Brister comeback game was pretty painful as well.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You call that snow?

11. FJF

Bit of a bust, weak system didn’t quite have the energy, into the freezer by the end of the week. Single digit temps and another snow threat Monday Tuesday of next week.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Best to keep an eye on Sunday / Monday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as of now looks legit but a ways to go,,,in other news if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there does it make any noise ?

Brook! and FJF like this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Do you not have composite deck? I understand it's not for everyone and isn't the same as real timber but it won't rot like pressure treated timber does. Sounds like a great plan by the way. Wish I had the right house to do something similar.

14. FJF

Sun-Tuesday morning maybe? Lots of agreement between the models. Double digit totals for most of the tri state. The ingredients are there, just a matter of a track.

CBG, regan62072 and Brook! like this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Just checked my area (Fair Lawn, NJ) in Bergen County. As of now they are predicting 1-3 inches Sunday night, 5-8 inches Monday, 3-5 inches Monday night, before tampering off Tuesday morning. If the high totals come in that's 16 inches of snow. Guess my snow blower will be getting a nice workout next week.

16. bicketybam

The deck in the back is currently pressure treated wood that is finally beginning to rot. The replacement will be composite. I have a front porch as well and that was replaced with composite last summer. The composite they use today is really nice.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

All the players are on the field and IF this comes together as advertised right now it will be a good one. Very up in the air on who gets what as of right now the coast LOOKS TO get hit harder than N n W of NYC but this is all subject to change BUT ,,, I like the looks of things right now as this can always shift better for me but it can also shift worse so we need to just wait n watch. Timing as of right now looks to be NOT Sunday but more like Monday morning again subject to change,,,,thoughts ?

FJF likes this.
  18. bicketybam

I get to use my snow blower again!

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am assuming this will be the light fluffy stuff since it will be cold. That is always better than the heavy wet shit that we can get in March.

regan62072 likes this.
  20. FJF

Not looking good north of 84. Jersey, nyc, Long Island and @Cman65 all in play.

Cman68, CBG and regan62072 like this.