Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

1) Cal McNair is an asshole.
    2) He has been owner since his dad died in late November of 2018, so 2 years, not 3 and a half years
    and ... 3) At the end of the day, the Jets need a QB and Watson is a great QB. The reasons why hes available for trade are unimportant

all true statements

rickjet likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What do you realistically know about Cal McNair that makes him an asshole? He could be.

Okay. So he's had two years in the organization before signing his contract. He just figured out in January that they're a dumpster fire and he wants out?

The bold is true. But it doesn't mean it doesn't bring some worrisome baggage along with him.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its pretty telling that players who played under McNair are supporting Watson. Watson himself is a quiet dude, he's not Terrell Owens. He's never been a flake before

rickjet likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If your kids can handle manual labor, would you be willing to toss them in in to sweeten the deal (maybe just 2 of them)?

#184 stinkyB, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    FJF, Noam and jonnyd like this.
  5. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Mr Negative (Cimini) was on ESPN radio and claims he was told Dolphins are his number one choice.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You've still yet to mention why Watson wants out. At least you haven't mentioned it without making it about race and then subtly brushing it under the rug. And let me be clear: I don't think this is about race although it definitely plays a factor. The issue is Watson was told by management that he was going to have a seat at the table when it came to the new GM and coach and he didn't. They made a decision on GM without involving him and then flat out ignored his coaching desires until this became public, then finally interviewed one of us preferences.

I don't think the inmates should be running the prison ;) but 1. you are terrible at your job if you own a company and you move forward without taking your greatest asset into consideration and 2. YOU TOLD the asset he was going to be involved and then didn't involve him. Watson has every single right to be mad that the person he works for double crossed him.

FJF and Noam like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dude. get over yourself. If you find a better place than here than move. Geez. We don't need your marketing advice. For a leaner reading experience we will merge stuff or move them around. If you don't like there is the door.

8. BroadwayAaron

He is what @Jonathan_Vilma thinks Deshaun Watson is :D

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wish more of the worst posters on the forum threatened to leave.

themorey, Brook!, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

He wants out because the team has no assets to build around him for the next two years and he's pissed because he wasn't included in discussions to hire his bosses. Is that not obvious?

ouchy, J-Raw24 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Him sitting out for 6 months won't detail his career, if wankers can knock their woman and kids about and still get a team to take them on, I very much doubt another team would pass him up and in another 10 years it will be the tiniest of footnotes on Wikipedia and the 15m long since restocked.

Not saying it makes it right btw

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Deshaun has definitely been coming across as douchy throughout this but I’ve accepted that unfortunately that is the society we live in today and if it can benefit the Jets for once, sign me up.

FJF likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Oh I don't think it'll be a problem in terms of finding a franchise to invest in him. I view it more of ending up in the LeVeon Bell situation where you go 21 months in between games and suddenly can't play.

It's different and I don't think he'll suddenly be unable to play. But if he sits out a full year he's definitely going to have some struggles as he returns as opposed to just continuing on his career.

K'OB and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. abyzmul

Yeah, really doubt it hurts his career. I used to think so with pro sports but if the NBA has any lessons it is that teams will forgive a lot to put numbers in the win column. Pacman Jones got signed to like 10 teams and he was one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. Being difficult to deal with by FO's will only come into play if it turns into a trend and not just the Texans' mismanagement of basically everything that is the problem.

K'OB likes this.
  15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Watson's agent is working overtime. Where do you think these stories come from? Same as when the Yanks were dealing with LeMehieu. Every day there was a new team in play just like here. Nothing happening until March but a headline everyday.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Jason La Canfora said Watson hasn't asked for a trade yet so that means he must've asked for one!

FJF likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I wondered if you meant that as well tbh but I don't think the Texans would waste all those draft picks in the offing to let him sit that long, do you?

I mean at times it would be good if they showed a backbone but ultimately like Adams you are only going to cut your own nose off to spite your face.

I also think he has got the perfect legitimate excuse to cite in wanting too leave, of course, the team being pants is going to be in his thinking but he doesn't need to say that out loud, the Texans were fucking stupid for agreeing to let him sit in on the next HC hire, then they were even stupider in excluding him from the meetings.

He has now got the green (no hint intended lol) light to do what he is doing and force his way out of a horrible situation.

His contract is the sticky point moving forward, maybe he would be open to having it re-jigged somehow so as not to be such a cap guzzler, which at the end of the day will only inhibit him from a Superbowl run.

18. abyzmul

If he does get traded, that contract gets re-structured no matter where he goes, that is a guarantee. No team is going to want to deal with those 40+ million dollar cap hits when the only truly lean year on the deal was 2020, and they will be able to do it since the original guaranteed money was eaten by Houston.

Jets79 and K'OB like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

I don't know, you made multiple posts about why he wants to leave and didn't mention it anywhere.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah definitely. Kareem Hunt kicked a women in the face on camera and got picked up without question.

I think a year off and away from football (not to mention that'll include the off-season before and into the off-season after) is bad for a player from both mental and physical standpoints. Even when they're hurt they're in the building and working on their craft even if it's only from a mental standpoint.

NFL teams would've figured out a way to get John Wayne Gacy out of prison and write good PR about him being reformed if he could generate interior pressure on Tom Brady.

ouchy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.