Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boss. It is offseason. Free agency is weeks away, Jets aren't in the playoffs. Draft is months away. Watson is the talk of the NFL world and Jets are being mentioned as his top trade choice by multiple outlets.

Honestly, if we aren't going to discuss this in a thread, what do you suggest we discuss then?

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Let’s just say I’m glad you aren’t the GM.

that being said, like Watson Aaron Rogers should seek a trade. Beyond having a coach who blew the game today with a handful of stupid decisions, they probably could have used a first round pick that may have been an impact player in a one score game instead of wasting it in a season on a player who never took a snap. The Packers GM has proven to be dumb enough to probably take less.

J-Raw24 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Agreed. BUT, if we could land Watson by not giving up too many picks, it could put us in Win now mode with the cap space we have and plethora of picks. My only problem is below equation.

Fields/Wilson plus ALL our picks
    OR
    Watson minus cap space minus a few first rounders.

I am almost 50/50 leaning towards Fields/Wilson plus ALL our picks option but won't oppose giving up our #2 plus another first rounder.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Aaron Rodgers played his own part in that loss. 2 seperate plays he could have run the ball in. Choke artist.

BrowningNagle and J-Raw24 like this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

If it was Lawerence I wouldn't even question it. But I'm not as sold on Fields/Wilson. That's said my fear is we trade and then Meyer takes Fields and Lawerence is somehow there at 2. Then its SoJ. As far as it goes though I'm just at the let JD do his thing and hope for the best stage. I won't be mad any way that it turns out. My only thing is even if we trade for Watson we are primed to move up. It's just depends on JD and Saleh making it happen.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This was good. Well done

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Even if that happens there is no guarantee Lawrence becomes half the player Watson is today not sure how thats SOJ but I trust JD to one not overpay on any trade and two make good football decisions until he doesnt.

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  8. J-Raw24

I agree there isn't a 100% guarantee Lawrence is the real deal but I'd say it's about 99.5%. Now he could be an Andrew Luck and end his career early, but that's on our GM to protect him with lineman. Fact is Lawrence is by all accounts one of the best qbs to come out in a very long time. After watching him his whole college career I see nothing to say otherwise. That said, anything could happen. I just put all my hope the JD makes the right choice and we see this team make a huge turnaround.

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

You guys do know that it’s possible to oppose this trade without pretending like Watson isn’t one of the best QBs in the NFL right?

Imagesrdecieving, ouchy and JetBlue like this.
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

you’re right but you do not apply this fairly- which Is why “censorship” by few, does not work.

The mods often times delete and merge threads even after the season ends.. as if there is too much traffic to manage.... not

The site should encourage participation instead of cancel culture

To whoever owns the site
    The more content, the better

please pass that along to the mods as well

I would gladly offer my marketing expertise to increase traffic and participation to this site- just send me a PM

I’ve seen another Jets message board that “seems” better than this. But I stay here for now

let’s see how it goes

12. NYGANGGREEN

I def agree with you I don't think its that high of a number because we have seen so many QBs who should be the next this or that and they just dont make that leap no matter how great they were in college, happens all the time. I also think going to the wrong situation and team plays so much of a factor in how these kids turn out. Like lets say Watson was taken by us in the draft would he be the player his is today? doubt it but thats just my opinion. I would be fine with what JD thinks is the best move, personally if we dont want Watson I would love to trade back get some more picks to hit on and take a QB w the late first round like Lance.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. NYGANGGREEN

Just bc they allow that dont make them a better site thats just one thing. I have been on a bunch of Jets msg boards and this one is the best by far not even a debate.

stinkyB, Cromartie's_kid, FJF and 4 others like this.
  14. J-Raw24

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade back either. If we did I would keep Darnold and make him compete with the rookie. Go ahead and pick up his 5th year. Trade one of them next year. Maybe he can up his worth. Idk. There are so many choices and anything could happen. Either way we need to get a WR, OG, Edge, CB, and RB in FA and the draft as well.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That depends....did the Texans play the Raiders, Rams, and Browns?

16. J-Raw24

No they played the Jags x2, Raiders, Rams, and Broncos. Much easier schedule.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Agreed. He chokes every year. State Farm should get rid of that 'Rodgers Rate'

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Can we all agree that if Sam was on the Bills they crush the Chiefs today? Allen was a total disaster.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Nobody knows a damn thing about Sam

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Deshaun Watson would have had the 2nd most rushing yards on the jets last year. Closer to most yards than 3rd most.

#160 chad2coles, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.