Championship Weekend Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 24, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

A few quick thoughts on our situation:
    -Watson: while there’s a ton of buzz, we really shouldn’t overpay. I just feel like we are two years too early for this. While I wouldn’t be upset if we got him, because he’s a stud, we would not have the luxury to miss on a single draft pick. Round 3 picks will need to turn into starters and good starters. Douglas doesn’t strike me as the big gambler just yet either.
    -Darnold: They are saying all of the right things about him but who truly knows.
    -Fields or Zac Wilson: Wow, if there was a year to not have the combine of course it would be this year. We will have them scouted but think it’s either Wilson or Darnold next year.

my guess is we stick with Sam due to the lack of scouting and ability to hold draft capital.

1-Jamar Chase
    1a- BPA. Could be an edge or CB here. Most likely an OL and I would guess you get the OT here. FA is usually much more IOL friendly. Alex Leatherwood RT Alabama is the pick.

2-Travis Etienne RB Clemson. True slasher and would be a better fit for the zone. Could be a nice pick here

3-Josh Meyers C OSU
    3a-Israel Mukumu cb South Carolina

instant offense upgrade with a big interior OL FA signing.

Darnold
    Etienne
    Jamar Chase/Mims/Crowder
    Becton/Elfien/Josh Meyers/FA/Leatherwood
    Chris Herndon

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

In this scenario we are staying put at 2 and taking chase?

ouchy likes this.
  3. WoodyHarrelson

Yea. These guys will be gone if we go past 6 and waddle is a slot guy. Really think we just stay put is our best bet

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If they stay put at 2 and don’t take a QB my guess is they would take Chase. If they trade down slightly you’re correct that Chase would be gone but perhaps Smith would still be there?

Now that Saleh is the HC do you think Parsons, Rousseau or even Surtain could possibly be the pick?

I like what you did with OL - that would be a nice line put together quickly.

5. WoodyHarrelson

Not a chance unless we get a HAUL of picks at like 9 or something and my guess is we would target Kyle Pitts regardless. The O is lacking way too much.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont see Douglas sticking with Darnold or taking a WR at 2. I wouldnt bet on a RB at 34, but Etienne is good, so I wouldnt be shocked. I'd be very pleased with round 3.

I'm thinking QB at 2, WR/OL/CB at 23, WR/OL/CB at 34.

Edit- I read this wrong.

#6 jcass10, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m thinking O with wherever the first pick lands....I was just curious of your opinion.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Didn’t know where to put this, but this kid maybe one to watch, former WR turned RB, he has WHEELZ

9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There may be a combine this year after all. To be sponsored by EXOS, a health care company. To be held at 4 different sites around the country Feb 26-27. There won't be any indoor stuff like weightlifting. At least that's the plan.