Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

I wouldn't

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Same. La Michael Perine and Deshaun doesn’t scare me. We really need talent and lots of it. It’s unfortunate but we have to do this the right way.

Vida, Pepsiguy5 and ouchy like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I wonder if the guys who are saying 3 #'1s have any real assets of their own. Most people who have worked to buy a home and some real assets understand their value and would not give up so much for a distressed asset.

It's easy to say give up so much from the basement of your parents home or your cheap apartment. In the real world it's not going to happen.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What a terrible point.

5. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Wow. Now that is a stretch.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I know that this thread title isn't really the point, since this is just intended to be the extension of the never-ending Watson thread, but it seems to me that the moves made by the Dolphins recently have made them a much less likely destination for Watson. By firing almost the entire offensive staff, and hiring a QB coach who has worked with Tua in the past, it seems to me that they're signaling that he's the guy they're going with, not that they're looking to move on from him.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0210123-lrfjgp7hbfcovf5qbye6gwpzci-story.html

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I love this forum.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

A person who understands value sees that a #2 is worth 4 #29 picks according to the trade chart. Give up a #23 and a future NYJ pick which will be high is like giving up 8-9 first round #29 picks. Anyone who actually owns shit would never do that.

9. BroadwayAaron

I couldn’t even fathom trying to equate football draft picks to real life assets and not only that, thinking it was SUCH a good idea that I should share it publicly while also pretending I’m way better than everyone else reading it.

NCJetsfan, Vida, bicketybam and 12 others like this.
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

2 firsts this yr and Darnold is probably as high as id like to go. I could swallow giving up 3 1s, but wouldn't feel great about what we lost.

Rockinz likes this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Sorry if your butthurt but thats up to you and your fellows.

12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

@BudJet Well you’re assuming that anything reported about Watson’s “preferred” team is true, which I don’t. The media is loving this, but you’ve already heard so many conflicting reports. The only thing that’s clearly true is that as of right now he is upset and wants a trade.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

haha what a reach of an analogy bruh. Im a grown man with 4 kids and two houses and yea, I would do the Watson deal lolol wtf

Jets81, HomeoftheJets, FJF and 6 others like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Honestly it was refreshing to see such a terrible opinion rather than the same old same old. There’s been a lot of iffy stuff posted in the two Watson threads but this is in a class of its own.

Tell me more about how football draft picks are the same as real life assets and how anyone that disagrees lives in their parents basement with no money.

bicketybam, FJF and K'OB like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree with your ideas just not the way you presented it.

Watson's value should be similar to Cutlers value when he was traded in 2009. Both were up and coming stars coming off career years. Watson throwing for 4800 yards last year and Cutler for 4500 in his third season in 2008.

The Bears gave up the 18, 84, a 2010 1st rounder and Kyle Orton for Cutler and the 140th pick. A net amount of 1474 points plus Orton according to the trade value chart or the equivalent worth of the 7th pick in the draft. Our 2nd pick is worth almost twice that much.

So yes the above poster does have a very valid argument that giving up more than the 2nd pick is grossly overpaying. But, i think his argument gets lost when he demeans other posters with the living in the parents basement and you will understand when you own something part. But, he does make a good point that picks have value and all gms assign them worth with something similar to the trade value chart and they won't give up 3 first rounders easily especially if one is the 2nd pick in the draft.

ouchy likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Since you asked, perhaps you are aware that the Browns paid 16 million for a 2nd rounder a few years ago?

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the Texans have already made a soft offer to Bienemy and they are just waiting for the Chiefs postseason to be over to firm it up. If the Chiefs lose today we might know by tomorrow.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

This is quite a tangled web you’re weaving but it’s a sight to behold. Any more gems?

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I guess I could have said that better--merely that they don't understand the value of an asset and therefore most likely do not own anything of value. That's either true or not. I guess I went there--no hard feelings but I wanted to make a point.

ouchy and Noam like this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

ok--not sure how you manage--nothing's 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.