Saleh Press Conference Notes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 21, 2021.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

What are you talking about? He handled himself and spoke perfectly.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I thought he was fine.

Then again, I don't care how good he is at press conferences. I don't care if he bumbles his way through all of them so long as he can get the Jets back to relevance.

macbk, westiedog1, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

In fairness the beat reporters generally suck. Like the one douche who asked JD about specifics on how to prevent his staff from sending unsolicited dick pics to women. Any of these clowns hoping to get specifics any anything at this point are just looking for click bait.

That said I thought Saleh handled the presser pretty well. He was nervous but generally do well.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I take nothing away from this press conference and could care less about anything anyone said during it.

Win...games.

westiedog1 and hornblower like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair that was the 1 dumb question. I think the rest of the questions were fine

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

In case the old link gets buried. Cheers

Im excited! ALL GAS NO GASE BABY!

MoWilkBeast and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

A Letter from Head Coach Robert Saleh

Dear xxx

I wanted to draft a quick note to express how excited, honored and truly humbled I am to serve as the head coach of the New York Jets. To my wife Sanaa and I, family is everything. And to be so graciously welcomed into your Jets family, is the honor of our lifetime.

When OUR team hits the field, we will be prepared, tough and competitive working daily to encompass the motto, ‘All Gas, No Brake.’ Our goal is to play fast enough to erase anyone’s mistakes. To do this we will focus on the little details that day in and day out come together to put our players in the best position to be successful.

We are working hard to assemble a staff that complements one another and to be exactly what our players need and deserve. We will be teachers, developers, leaders and innovators. In short, we will be whatever our players need.

There is a lot of work to be done, but I wanted to take a moment to thank Christopher Johnson, Joe Douglas, Hymie Elhai, and most importantly you, our most loyal fans, for this tremendous opportunity. I look forward to working together as a team to establish a winning culture that we can all be proud of.

Let’s Go Jets!

Coach Saleh

FinnishJET, themorey and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I thought he came across as a really genuinely good guy (far better man than me, that’s for sure).

A lot of scripted answers/non-answers. Typical press conference that nobody will remember.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Classy

Brook! likes this.
  10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

If his company gets that one-shot vaccine out soon I don’t give a shit.

11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

He was probably being cautios
    I have to disagree with you on this. To me he was confident and focused and knew what questions were going to be asked - Sam Darnolds future, etc - so he had his answers ready and he wasn't going to give much away. I'm sure Joe Douglas had warned him about the New York press and to me he showed no weakness to them that they could jump on and he laid out his stall for his future relationship with them.

REVISion and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Absolutely true but how many times do we see this turn into passing the buck when it doesn't work.
    The JETS and their crew tried hard to say the structure has changed but every answer they gave says the opposite.

I'm not buying it. This is STILL the same OP as before. It's the Johnsons making the calls. That shit has to end.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm no conspiracy guy but after the talcum powder lawsuit I wouldn't put anything of theirs in my body..:eek:(pause)

hornblower likes this.
  14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's not his company or his brother's. And every vaccine is a one shot vaccine really. The second one reinforces the first and builds up the length of time you have immunity for.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to have gotten the polio vaccine in school and the booster a month later.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Are you under the belief that the dynamic that is being set up is that the coordinators will report to the Johnson’s, not Saleh, and will call plays based on the Johnson’s direction, not Saleh’s? The same way the previous organization was the coach reporting to the Johnson’s not the GM?

mid that's not your belief than there is no similarity to Saleh having coordinators that actually do their job by calling plays and the previous organization.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

#AGNB I'm here for it.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Is it a good thing that he's saying he wants to "help the players get paid as much as possible"? Maybe that would be good for a coordinator or position coach to say, Idk if a head coach should be saying those things

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If Woody was literally in the air back to the states and he's going to be the Chairman, why didn't they just wait 1 stinkin' day to hold the presser and let the Chairman do his job introducing the hire and taking any questions.

So Jets-like in their approach to everything...

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I actually enjoyed that part because I could hear Woody Johnson's whiny voice in my head screaming in his Gulfstream "No no no No No No NO NO NO SOMEBODY STOP HIM TELL HIM TO SHUT UP, WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOIIIIIING!!!!"