The Deshaun Watson Situation (POLL added for the potential price)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Jan 16, 2021.

?

What is the MOST you would give up to get Watson?

1. Just the #2 pick

24 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. The two 1's and 3 we got from Seattle

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. The #2, Seattles first in 2022, our 1st in 2023

55 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. More - just get it done.

20 vote(s)
    14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This post isn't directed so much at you because I've been seeing it on the board a decent amount.

The Jets ARE NOT IN A REBUILD IF THEY GET WATSON. They have a 25 year old QB that is the 3rd best at his position. The Jets will still have picks in every single round of the draft. The Jets will still have 60-70M in cap depending on cuts. If they get Watson, they will lure a top WR over here like Robinson or Golladay. It will be the most explosive offense this team has seen in half a decade, maybe longer.

2. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

JDs total stripping of talent on this team meaning we have to follow through with the total rebuild. We have like 7 starters signed and a punter kicker. Plus Sam. We are at our bottom If we had a Leonard Williams ,Adams, Bell, Anderson we would be in a position to grab Watson ,along with Mims, Becton , Q.Williams. We would have something. Watson would want to come here maybe. Everybody needs to watch what Watson actually does compared to what are simply media moves

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

True but roster turnover happens rather quickley in the NFL.

HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I still can't believe that people still think that he's some malcontent jackoff like Jamal that is just trying to get out because they are losing. With all the information out from a million sources, I am floored that people are still saying that on this board.

NCJetsfan, K'OB, NYGANGGREEN and 9 others like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The fact that Miami could be in on this with the 3 forces the 2 to be in play. Any other year the 2 would be valued more than it will be in this deal

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And I can't believe that people don't realize just how talented Watson is and just how terrible the Texans are. If the Texans didn't have Watson, they'd have joined the 0-16 club with the Lions and Browns.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah this isn't baseball or hockey. If you can't flip your franchises record around to at least .500ish or pushing it by year three of a rebuild then you're doing it wrong. Especially considering that means very few if any of your draft picks are developing into starters.

NCJetsfan and Yankjetfan like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well but that’s why we say JD fleeced Seattle, right?

because Adams probably wasn’t worth what Seattle gave up for him

one first rounder for Adams would’ve been more in line with most expectations, however they couldn’t get that done because Adams was a 6th overall player who proved to be an All Pro....so Seattle’s pick in the 20s was not going to get a deal done and they had to make it two

so yeah, a QB is definitely worth more than a safety, but the other part that comes into play is that there is a HUGE difference between the #2 overall pick and the 23 pick. I could (and I would if I were JD) argue that the 2nd overall is worth the two picks in the 20’s....maybe it is, maybe it’s not, but that’s the case I would make

I do not like trading three first rounders when one of them is the 2nd overall pick. I don’t like trading three first rounders period, but I would only consider that if the two overall isn’t one of them....so say our 23, next years pick and then the following year. Even then I really hesitate...these kinds of trades are the kind that can really blow up. Houston had this player and still only won four games....getting rid of most of our premium top picks and eating up a lot of cap doesn’t leave us all that much better off...

who knows...we keep hearing it’ll take three but Houston hasn’t even said they’d trade him yet. It’s all just speculation. They may take less if one of the picks is our #2 and let’s them either trade down for more or take Fields or Wilson to replace Watson. That’s one thing Miami can’t match....if they take Miami's pick (assuming it’s even a possibility), they know that either Fields or Wilson most likely won’t be there, so they’d have to do that knowing that.

crazy times....

REVISion likes this.
  9. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I'd love to go back home to East Hampton and house shop with some of you guys. Would be hilarious.

Realtor - "I have this beautiful ocean front home in Georgica. 4.5 acres of ocean front property, 15,000 SF, 8 bedrooms, 11 baths. Pool, tennis courts, 6 car garage, gourmet kitchen. The works!!"

TGG Poster - "$40,000 cash. Take it or leave it. I will not overpay."

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Baffling really. But people tend to ignore facts when they don’t jive with their opinion. Hopefully that starts to work itself out over the next four years.

NCJetsfan, K'OB and 88toon like this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Regarding the #2 being worth two first round picks in the 20's, the draft value chart would agree with that. It actually says that the #2 is worth two first round picks in the 10-15 range. It's an extremely valuable pick, and probably even more valuable this year because the #1 pick is an absolute given.

NCJetsfan, MoWilkBeast and ouchy like this.
  12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

There are literally dozens of people that have laid this out in great detail. I'm in the car a lot but certainly not listening to every station every minute, but I have heard (not an exaggeration) at least a dozen NFL execs, writers, ex players in the past week detailing this entire fiasco, along with articles supporting the same.

NOT ONE interview put any blame whatsoever on Watson. Not one. Between Easterby and McNair they have alienated the entire team and fan base. This NEVER surfaced before even with inept O'Brien. This all developed with Easterby's changing role in the organization, the racism happening in the organization, and the lies told to Deshaun. Listen to ANY interview and everyone is as effusive with praise about how great a person, teammate and representative Watson has been for the franchise until recently.

But hey, if it still fits your narrative to say he's a whiney malcontent trying to talk his way out of Houston because they are losing, have at it.

NCJetsfan, K'OB, Fiftynine and 4 others like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Lmao.

14. BroadwayAaron

The more the agent does the more skeptical I get.

Lon Chaney, Poeman and Jets81 like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Jesus this will be a Decision we will live or die with...I am glad I am not making it! ha

The Short Cut to 25 year old Watson is pretty tempting

Kid could play till Bradys and DBrees age ..and we keep him in NY!

Lon Chaney likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Yup, spot on. But again... without making this thread into something it shouldn’t be... there’s a very specific type that is claiming he’s some kind of malcontent.

17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Watson could pull a power move and only waive his NTC for NYC or threaten to sit out. The price just got cheaper! He knows he needs weapons and if we trade the moon for him he’ll be in a tough spot.

chandler and Brook! like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

I find it hard to believe that if this is such a toxic racist organization, it wasn't a toxic racist organization 5 months ago when he signed his extension. Easterby seems like a douchebag with his bible preaching persona and shouldn't be involved in football operations but he's also been there since April 2019 and in pro football since 2004.

The culture stuff is being way overplayed. And what exactly has been overtly racist in that organization? I keep hearing that is and one comment from the former owner who died three years ago is all I hear fired out there to prove it?

Watson recognizes that their franchise is in a complete tear down and will be at least two years before he gets legitimate help and likely three at minimum before it rounds into a playoff team given their lack of resources. It's easy in this nasty political environment to just say "They're racist!" and you're automatically a sympathetic figure.

I'm not saying that there is zero racism in that organization. But I'll reserve my judgement on that being a legitimate reason for when there's actually presented evidence of that being the case.

19. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

We can dream....

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

I’m not saying it was racial driven but do you see how this kind of image is formed when you spend half a mil on a search firm for your new GM and you ignore their two black recommendations and hire a white guy they didn’t even mention?

K'OB and JohnnyP123456 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.