Darnold, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Dec 28, 2020.

?

Fields, Wilson or Darnold

1. Fields

22.0%
  2. Wilson

26.3%
  3. Darnold

31.7%
  4. Other - Explain

10.8%
  5. Watson: 3 1st's

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Seems like Sherman really likes Salah.

#1341 HomeoftheJets, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    MoWilkBeast, Rockinz, Noam and 3 others like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed sherman and moved him to safety. All head coaches bring in a few of "their guys"

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dont want Sherman. His best days are behind him, he gets hurt every season, and he talks smack he cant back up anymore.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

locker room guy, help install saleh's system. can move to safety for us where we lack depth anyway. would be a stop gap 1 to 2 years. think of him as mcdougalds replacement in the short term and a mentor to our young CB group

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the new HC has mad respect in the NFL. shrug. changes things?

6. Losmeister

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

They need a good starting QB. Sam Darnold at this point is a back-up, who can potentially improve and earn a starting spot. If anything this retirement closes the door for Colts, who otherwise could possibly bring Sam in to be behind Rivers.

sozopol and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. Losmeister

i think they'd be insane to plug Sam in as starter. Exactly what you said. He got out played by the SF b/u this year. (Not just head to head, but statistically) and SF had every bit as much WR injury luck that we did.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That is pretty impressive

twown, Noam, matt robinson 17 and 2 others like this.
  10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if we use #2, i go with wilson, or trade down and go with trey burton, the nd state guy.

high upside, just like josh allen 3 years ago.

No USC, UCLA,or Ohio State QBS!

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Came across below video, which is essentially an opinion piece you can ignore, but it mentions a factual tidbit that Zach has the highest completion % season of 20+ yards in 10 years, not just this year. PFF corroborates that info as well. Additionally, the guy seems to be outrageously good in play-action. Now, the tight window passing, 20+ yards passing, play-action are not just great this year, they seem to be historically great.

This is important because Zach didn't have great competition, so historical tight window passing numbers help to alleviate this concern almost entirely, this shows he is not just throwing to wide open receivers on a superior team, but has great ability to throw in tighter coverage too. Play action bodes well for West Coast offense. And highest rating in 10 years for 20+ yards throwing is kind of exciting as well :)

Zach is beginning to look better as potential second overall pick...

matt robinson 17, hobgoblin and Noam like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The more game tape I watch, and or highlights of College games, the more it appears to me Wilson can be the second QB off the board. If they put him on the bench behind Ryan in Atlanta for a year he could be a star in the making.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

this is 100% correct about Wilson. If he can sit and develop behind a true veteran starter like Ryan he could become great. If you throw him in day 1 he’ll bust worse than Darnold

LAJet likes this.
  14. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Everyone said the same thing about Herbert. You don't know how these guys are gonna perform until you get them in camp. Every high pick comes into a different situation and has a different personality and work ethic.

I think Darnold's situation coming into the league was uniquely unfortunate for a number of reasons and it was compounded by the Gase hire.

MoWilkBeast and Borat like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised Sherman hasn't made the transition to safety sooner. He's an excellent tackler and has great ball skills but no longer has the recovery speed to break on routes when in his patented deep third coverage.

Good suggestion. It doesn't always work out for players but it should be a consideration for more corners that have achieved success. It's worked for all time greats in Rod and Charles Woodson and to an extent Ronnie Lott (even though Lott made the change a lot earlier in his career under the tutelage of an all time great coach).

16. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Gore said it best and I agree. Get a veteran at every position group to influence young players. Sherman is nowhere near the player he used to be but it goes way beyond what he can do on the field. Two recent examples come to mind. I've said this before, but losing McCown hurt Darnold as much (IMO) as changing systems and having Gase. McCown was critical to Sam's early success. The other is the year Jason Kidd was a Knick. He was cooked as a player, but his presence made all the difference in the world.

Getting Sherman, hoping Moseley comes back and asking Quinnen and Maye to step up from a leadership perspective on D gives the defense a nice group of vets. Bring in a vet WR like Robinson, bring in Thuney/Scherf and sign a vet RB to go along with a hopefully 2nd/3rd round RB and we have a vet in all groups, depending on what happens at QB.

matt robinson 17 and LAJet like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I basically agree except at RB. I like both Johnson and Adams, and Perine will be back. I don't think we need a veteran RB. Add a RB like Najee Harris or Javonte Williams, and I think we have a very solid RB corps.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

19. Losmeister

fwiw...some peeps were sayn that Pitt might be interested in Darnold.... and they are talking with Haskins

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Haskins already signed with Pitt. Just happened a bit ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.