The Deshaun Watson Situation (POLL added for the potential price)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Jan 16, 2021.

?

What is the MOST you would give up to get Watson?

1. Just the #2 pick

24 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. The two 1's and 3 we got from Seattle

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. The #2, Seattles first in 2022, our 1st in 2023

55 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. More - just get it done.

20 vote(s)
    14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

So many potential moving parts if this would become a reality.

For one the Jets have MASSIVE assets that would entice the Texans to pull the trigger. 4 1st rounders within the next two years, 2 2nd rounders and whatever you may deem is worthy of a Sam trade.

Darnold himself MAY fetch a 2nd round pick to a QB needy team. What interests me is the dynamics between the Fins and Jets here. By all accounts the stench of Sam is moreso due to a coaching thing then a matter of Sam being a BAD QB. Yes Sam is bad but Gase's stench in a way has helped Darnold's stock not be in the complete tank here. Opposed to Tua, another "potential" QB who could be in the deal, he's had a bit of stench attached to him with a rather mediocre arm, and not so much athleticism, with a "hip" that's been operated on. Would the Texans sit there and believe Tua can be their future QB? Not sure...

The Jets absolutely can give the Texans an enticing package, and still have great assets to continue to build around Watson when adding in potential Darnold trade compensation. I do say the Jets should look into this and see if they can pull this off. This could be the most excitement this fanbase has endured in a LONG LONG time. Not only to get a coach that's widely been a positive step for this franchise, but getting a sure FQB at the same time? Go for it.

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I know it was already posted, but to close this day out I felt it was necessary to post again because it is so good. The #1 NFL insider had this to say about our New York Jets this morning.

Douglas is already up big. He either is able to trade for Watson, or he's still sitting on a revered cache of assets.

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’d take him for reasonable deal
    But

lest not forget

his current team sucks WITH him

we suck too

Deshauns team already sucks even with this “beast” franchise HoF QB

So ummmmmmm why would taking him and losing all our picks help? It would be Houston north with just more gender neutral fans.

some people are just going to push an agenda regardless of facts.

SOJAZ and Brook! like this.
  4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

If in June this past year someone asked you: “Would you trade Jamal Adams and a first round pick for Deshaun Watson?” What would you have said?

NCJetsfan, JetBlue, apjbfc and 8 others like this.
  5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't want Watson at $40 MM a year PLUS all the draft picks going to Houston.

He may have had a career year this year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So we pass on him in the draft only to trade a ton of picks for him later on. Very Jetsy indeed.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

HAS HE SIGNED WITH THE JETS YET???!!!!

apjbfc likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Typical Jets stupidity.

With this team hope for the best but expect the worst.

The media is banging the drums for this to happen. As the saying goes where there's smoke there's fire.

Brian Costello who has been a brutal Jets writer lately is advocating the Jets send Houston THREE first round picks #2 in 2021 picks, one 2022, one in 2023, their second round pick in 2021 AND Sam Darnold.

That's a Herschel Walker package.

I'm bracing myself for it to happen.:(

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  9. WarriorRB28

Houston & Watson made their bed let them lie in it.

Why bail them out? Why the rush?

I don't foresee a long line of teams willing to give up the farm to pay Watson $40 million per year.

Who would the Jets be bidding against?

If the situation in Houston with Watson is as bad as the media is making it out to be be patient. Allow it to deteriorate further the price will come down.

To bail out Houston & Watson now to me is frickin' insanity.

JetBlue and SOJAZ like this.
  10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He’s a top 5 Qb so it’ll have to be a haul. Even with 3 1st rounders, the Jets will still have plenty of cap space to make other moves and for the first time since Favre, they will actually have a good Qb. This team has been in Qb purgatory for such a long time and it’ll be nice to have that position finally settled for the next 10 years and can start to build around him. They would be silly not to at least see what the final price tag would be at the very least.

11. WarriorRB28

Football is a team game. 50+ men rosters. Three phases offense, defense, special teams.

One player even a supposedly top QB isn't going to guarantee success as Houston is finding out.

PLEASE hold on to the picks build around Darnold or Wilson or Fields DO NOT bail out Houston & Watson by making a Herschel Walker trade.

It never ends with this team they just never frickin' learn from their past mistakes or mistakes other teams have made.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I don't get this line of thinking any of the QBs we passed on who are now good if drafted by US wouldn't mean they turn into the the player they are now with the trash coaches and GMs we had. So now that we know has great and we have a chance at getting him if the price is right we shouldn't try? yeah I don't get that at all. Once again there was no guarantee that he would of been the Watson he is now. Not saying we shouldn't of drafted better back then or taken other QB prospects but it wasn't a nail in the coffin he would be a pro bowler on this roster

NCJetsfan and Snatch Catch like this.
  13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I think the package we gonna offer is not
    Bigger then #2 , hawks first next year , sam darnold or a second this year and trading sam to the steelers for their second people forget that the 2 overall pick is worth 2 first round picks

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jamal Adams and the #2 pick?

Not interested.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I see your point and agree that that would be a good trade but the killer fact is...

If we didn't pick Adams in the first place and just straight up drafted Watson or Mahomes at 6 instead of worrying that it was a reach and now we would have ruined either one of them instead ;)

abyzmul likes this.
  16. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Just read he has a no trade, that may be the biggest issue of all!! I know we hired his boy to coach, but we’re still a ways away! Plus, you really think Houston will trade him in conference?

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s been hell as long as I’ve been a fan and I go back to O’Brien.

You’d be hard pressed to create 1 good NFL QB career out of the Jets entire history at the position.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is well put Br4d. I would only give Texans the #2 pick for Watson and nothing else. His asking price is too rich my blood.

Br4d likes this.
  19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hey no common sense around here!

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Great post. Bolded piece is why I have my doubts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.