2020 NFL - Divisional Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Terrible drop by the receiver

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is no good the comms spotting it now, too fucking late the same as the Zebra's disgraceful.

3. K'OB

and that tackle on the QB in other games this last month have been called roughing the passer, need some consistency tbh

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not that it's the same as simply fumbling but Higgins has a chronic problem with holding onto the ball after he's secured it. He fumbled two or three times against the Ravens a month ago. Dude could be a solid possession receiver too but he's gotta be smarter with the rock.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

NO value because as I said, we aren't winning now.
    If we were 1 QB away this year then he would be of value for us but we are way way WAY in need of more than just a QB.
    Hence, no value for us as a team atm.

6. K'OB

Bit harsh with the helmet smash though, no?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

I guess. I think they're talking it up a bit more on the broadcast/halftime show than it should be. That dude flinging himself helmet first into Higgins is the only chance he has at breaking that play up. There's no way to lead with your shoulder on that play.

Should it have been a penalty? Yeah probably honestly, which negates everything I said above. But it wasn't some sort of defenseless receiver situation IMO. Two guys lunging for the goal line.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I was seriously asking for any experts to chime in.

I've seen ticky-tacky calls where someones just lead a little with the helmet but going full 'torpedo' seems a bit extreme unless there's some caveat such as it only applies to QB's, Defencless receivers or not if both players are diving/off their feet?

9. K'OB

I hear you but still think it is wrong myself, I think why they are making a thing of it now is because they took too long to spot it at the time and they are overcompensating.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Well. In my opinion (not an expert) the referees need help from the booth on this stuff. I've been banging this damn drum for 5+ years. Every head official needs an ear piece in to an official in the booth. And I wouldn't isolate that just to these type of plays. If we can see pass interference on the replay, so can he and he can tell the official. Same thing with fouls like this.

But I also believe there needs to be some discretion by the officials. Was the action malicious? Was he trying to launch himself or harm the player?

Higgins was damn near as low as the ground. How does someone throw a shoulder into him at that point?

K'OB likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

I error on the side of the player trying to make a play and that's definitely not the way everyone (or the NFLPA/safety committees) view it.

Let me ask you a question @K'OB because I know you're a scrappy englishman and I know you've been in some bad fights in your day. Was there ever anything that was off limits?

K'OB likes this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This game isn't even a fair contest

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Terrible game plan for Cleveland, making Mayfield the focus instead of the run game. That mistake was inevitable.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Hasn't been much success on the ground but I agree. They got away from it too quickly. Stefanski felt too much pressure once the Chiefs started scoring even if not in as many flurries as normal.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Chiefs are just on another level. Browns aren't a bad team. They could play head to head against Bills for example but Chiefs are a different animal.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Bills vs Chiefs should be a fun game.

17. K'OB

I played rugby only once in my life, I was tiny when I was 12yo, we played a team that would be akin to Bama and I was on the wing and this guy was 16 stone and 6ft at 12 absolutely flattened me and then knelt in my balls on purpose, it was uncalled for, we were 50-0 down, I swapped places with a guy in the scrum and bust his nose with an uppercut and then just ghosted out of the back of the scrum as all hell broke loose, I never got it pinned on me but my teammates knew who done it, bad tempered little cunt I was.

Playground fights at school were limited no kicking when down etc but out in the pubs you never went down or your head was fair game for a placekick, only been down once and had three kicking me, I got covered up good and they left, I was okay a few bruises but could have been worse.

I was off looking for a picture for you about corner tackling.

[​IMG]

Now if he had taken him at the waist, wrapped him up and took him out of play, then I would have applauded him fully, I think the above was still a try tbh but this one wasn't.

[​IMG]

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dont count Cleveland out just yet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Great answer from Cleveland.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I was talking more about those famous KOB 3 am english pub scraps man. ;) The bold is what I was getting at. Great recap haha

I get what you're saying. I just sympathize with the players too much sometimes I guess. In a kill or be killed sport it's hard to limit yourself to not doing everything possible to be safe but also stop the ball carrier from scoring.

K'OB likes this.