Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is interesting. When we looked at Daboll, before this season he had all his seasons as a coordinator producing pretty shitty offense. Then we looked at QBs he had and gave him a pass saying no one else could have done better. It looks like Mike has. Granted he wasn't OC, but still it is something to ponder as very positive. Really glad to have Mike onboard.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

John Riggins! (ok...maybe he was a year or two before Neon Leon)

b.reyes16 likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Leon wasn't a bowling ball, but DAMN he was FAST. He didn't break free too often, but when he did he was a clear and present danger to take it to the house. I was hoping more for him but he did give us some highlight reals.

azhar80, b.reyes16 and Losmeister like this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything pessimistic. I just asked why everyone keeps mentioning his brother. Do you do everything the same way as your siblings? I know I don't. I get more excited from the posts on this thread about what Mike has actually done as opposed to ppl talking about his brother.
    No one said anything about Mike being the "wrong brother" my point is we have no idea. He could be better than Matt for all we know.
    This just feels like being excited if we traded for Derek Watt just because he's related to JJ and TJ.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This is what you said
    And the bolded is what I was replying to really, you asked I answered.

People are always going to 'compare' brothers that is what happens from your parents to friends to girlfriends and teammates if you happen to play on the same team, that is life.

And as for the 'we have no idea' part, do we discount his work in SanFran these last what 4 seasons?

Also, the 'assuming' is really that bit that I mentioned earlier called hope, we hope he is as good as his brother because that will be good for us.

tbh I didn't really think it was that deep a post.

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

No. You were not pessimistic. And I am very different than my brother too. However, if we were both in the EXACT SAME profession and I WORKED WITH HIS BEST MAN...
    and I was now in the position to make an evaluation on an inportant employee (QB) and he had worked with a wide range of employees at that position...

I think I would talk to him about my employee and see what he thinks.

REVISion, Brook! and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I share the same view on Becton in this scheme. He CAN nove though .. So we will see how they feel .. On the other end .. Fant should be good in this scheme.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My worries about Becton is more conditioning than anything which should be fixed with a full off-season (hopefully). Zone schemes revolve around a lot of rip and run. He's an absolute mauler but those reach blocks can be difficult if the foot speed isn't up to par.

I don't think it's a BIG concern because I think this coaching staff can coach him up and will still run power behind him a good amount to maximize his strength. McGovern should be much better in a zone scheme too. He's a good athlete.

Red Menace and Brook! like this.
  9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

1. Ok they don't "play on the same team" or have the same job. If you guys want to compare go for it just seems a waste of time but knock yourselves out.

2. Nope! I said in the my post I'd rather hear about what he's done then hear about what his brother has done which was really my whole point. Guess you missed that part.

3. Cool man I agree. I hope he's better than every other offensive coach out there not just the ones he's related to.

#89 Jedi mind tricks, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    azhar80 likes this.
  10. Pags2112

Hopefully fixed, but let's not forget he is a mountain of a man .. We need to see 16 game seasons outta him .. Lighting a Becton candle ..

11. Pags2112

FFS .. Leon Washington .. Just another example of our JETS lore ... WE NEEDS MORE DOGS!$!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nothing is official but it seems official. Also this wording makes it seem like LaFleur had way more responsibility than his title indicated.

LAJet likes this.