So do you think B Mann gets to punt differently?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jettexas34, Jan 15, 2021.

1. jettexas34

jettexas34 Member

I’m glad KOB had the fortitude to admit he didnt kniw that. Hey, we’re all learning here as we go- even after years of knowing it all!

I’m interested to see the difference. A lot of people here are going to be amazed at Mann’s leg if the coverage teams improve as I’m hoping.

And to correct one post above, NO you dont just let it rip automatically even if youre on your own 10 or 20. Braden was kind of poking fun at that notion. it’s hang time relevant to distance, and a lot of other things factored in. Best in the business right now is Kern from Titans.

Lastly I’ll say this for those that hopefully (covid) some day do get to attend the game in person- the ball actually does SOUND DIFFERENT coming off Mann’s foot- at least those where he lets it rip. It is a big solid BOOM!

Crowds at Kyle Field would literally cheer/laugh/gasp the second it left his foot because it sounded so awesome!

#21 jettexas34, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    K'OB and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Off season forum bitching has been keeping my coming back to this site for years. Good work gentleman.

3. jettexas34

jettexas34 Member

yeah- new yorkers! tough crowd as advertised! ;)
    Go Jets!

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We are tough crowd no lie. :) So what's the story texas? You moved there from NY metro area or loved Jets from afar? :)

5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Are you telling us that when the Jets go three and out from their own 30 that Mann purposely punts the ball to the other teams 35? If so, please get me another punter! Brandon Mann was 30th in the league in avg. punt yardage and 27th in net yards. Pretty poor for a punter who was taken in the regular draft. Makes us long for Lach Edwards.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Most forums deal with Thread Nazis. But ya, they spend more effort complaining about the thread than just closing it and moving on

7. Footballgod214

My fav Jets punter was the kid who always had his helmet tipped forwards. He had a nice stop/tackle too. Can't recall his name! (5-10yrs back)

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This forum should be closed as the team it follows clearly lacks the worthiness of discussion.

NYGANGGREEN and K'OB like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That the guy who stopped us from getting Trevor Lawrence? He is still with the team?

10. Footballgod214

Oh...that kid who single handedly prevented the life time embarrassment of going 0-16? Love that kid!