Jets hire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 14, 2021.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

So last night I got life-changing news that a long held investment is finally coming through, celebrate with several bottles of champagne head to sleep and wake up finding an alert from last night that the Jets hired Saleh. A life changing and franchise changing event the same night? Damn... You know I'm playing mega millions today, how can I lose? ; )

Brook!, REVISion, NCJetsfan and 12 others like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It is a minority hire. We do not get a pick. San Fran gets 2 third round picks,one this year and one next for developing him.

Brook! and HC of the NYJ like this.
  3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I think Saleh is a GREAT coaching candidate under NORMAL circumstances.

Coming off the decade of slop we have endured...with a huge decision on Sam....with the #2 pick and Fields/Wilson possible....I thought we should have gone deeper on Smith and/or Bienemy.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

For Saleh ? How the hell is he a "minority" ?

The NFL ...what a crock.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have just read all 18 pages, what a fucking repeated question that thas been.

It needs pinning at the top of page one or one saying read the fucking thread, all the answers are contained within :rolleyes:

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sam will implode and we will have no viable option on this roster to be a qb. Sometimes the NFL is just really fucking stupid that way. Then they will scramble to find a starter.

Sometimes i wish this team would just take the amazing talent right in front of its eyes instead of some misguided notion that you draft a poorer talent to fill some hole. Look at how many pro bowl qbs this team could have had.

Also, i have no idea whats going to happen because joe will not say, yeah were gonna trade sam. Theres no value in him by saying that so who really knows.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He is the firs Lebanese HC, first Muslim HC in NFL history. How the hell is he not a minority?

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

smith got his 2nd interview as well.

i dont have a problem if folks prefer an OC guy. i get it.

idk, for me, the decision re: Sam is painfully simple. Like putting a dislocated joint back in place. ( the 1st time.... before it turns into Baldingers pinky.)
    ya just grab that shit and yank. in sams case cut/trade/jettison...what have you.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Turns out I still have hope and this hire has once again lit that fire.

Also helps us figure what our roster might look like next year and beyond and helps defines what kind of QB we're going to ook to roll with.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I agree. Seems the consensus is that Wilson fits better in a Shanahan-style offense. Gonna be a lot of speculation from now til the draft though!

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

For those who didn’t want Arthur Smith, if Lafleur is the OC, He, Shanahan and Arthur Smith use the same scheme, run heavy to set up PA.

It’s apparent Jets are bringing in a completely unproven staff, why is this not a red flag to Jet fans?

Im not going all in on this until I see results on the field. Been down this road before and the results have been bad.

Please forgive me fellow TGG posters, I’m not trying to piss on your joy, just not buying into it at this time, even though I trust JD.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I thought it was the baldness

Brook!, sozopol, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I get the concern, my #1 choice was Daboll for many of the reasons you've highlighted.

But wouldn't it be a great problem to have if our OC was being courted as a HC here in 2-3 years? That means we have actually won some games and had an impressive offense.

K'OB and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like the scheme, I just know that it is not going to fix Darnold.

As far as experienced staff, I thought Adam Gase assembled one of the most impressive, experienced coaching staffs I've seen here in quite awhile and obviously that didn't matter. And at this point we only really know that Saleh is bringing Lafleur, but we dont even know what the staff will look like. So its a little early anyway

16. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

This Sam Darnold nonsense is annoying me. Saleh and Lafleur would be fools to place their faith in a mediocre QB like Darnold

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, I don't think would be a great problem to have. I think we would have won with Daboll or Smith as HC, and we wouldn't have had to worry about how it will affect our QB. It could have been totally avoidable. We'll just have to hope that our QB will be more confident and established by that point, and that the new OC won't change the system/scheme or be radically different in his approach.

REVISion and JetsKickAss like this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if this is Joe D talking up Darnold to trade him right before or during the draft.

The same thing happened with Jamal Adams and the public comments highly praising him.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Posturing if they promote him as the 33 ranked qb in the nfl they’ll get nothing for him

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thats a good point. And since everyone takes Schefter's word as Gospel, its pretty easy to just tell Schefter you like Darnold and get that smokescreen flowing