Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well on the second part, they believed they addressed receiver already when they took Reagor even though they obviously took the wrong guy.

First part is fair.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

People who are sick of being told what to do don't quit their jobs--they get divorces.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Will the second round of interviews start this week? Who they interview then will show who the true contenders for the job are.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s normally what happens when you have a boss.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

It's hard not to be. He seems to have an aura around him. Not sure we're the team for a young guy like him but knows, maybe we are.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Thanks boozer. I remember watching a football documentary and Ron Wolfe saying “trust your eyes” and that really resonated with me when evaluating prospects. Since then I feel it’s helped me with recognizing that IT factor you look for.

I was really high on DK Metcalf as well. I originally had him going in the top 10 in my mock draft and somehow he slipped to the bottom of the 2nd round. Just crazy.

This year it was all about Trevor Lawrence which is so obvious but I think he will be an incredible player. I really feel Najee Harris also has a chance to be special coming out this year.

JetsKickAss and boozer32 like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hard to deny what a great job Smith did with Tennessee’s offense and getting the most out of Tanehill which is really a game manager, after been very poorly used under Gase in Miami. Give him someone like Fields or Watson and he could be amazing IMO . He could also get the best out of Sam.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

At least, no Dan 28-3 Quinn

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not too too long ago, he was TGG first choice ahead of Bowles if I remember correctly.

phubbadaman, REVISion and JetsKickAss like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

So whom do you want?

Daboll has been coaching in the NFL for 20 years, 10 of those under Belichick, one of the greatest coaches of all time, and also spent a year under Saban. He also coached under Romeo Crennel in KC, Mangini with the Jets and Cleveland, Tony Sparano and Todd Bowles in Miami, and Sean McDermott in Buffalo, so he has coached under great HCs, some very good ones, and some awful ones. Unless he is dumb and wasn't paying attention, he couldn't help but learn in each of those situations things that worked, and things that didn't work. He has coached both offense and defense. What is so scary about him? It's not like he's Joe Brady and only 31.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So now 7 teams are looking for a head coach. The top coordinators are getting tons of interviews, except with Houston where no one knows what the hell is going on. We better start the down select process soon.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Or maybe Zach Wilson

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why not? young team ,young head coach, they speak the same language, they are the future.

14. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Things got waaaay more interesting with Pederson hitting the market. I’m hoping our draft picks and the allure of building their own team is enough for JD to pull someone decent in. Of course the stigma of our franchise, and dealing with NY doesn’t help anything, but trying to stay optimistic

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, we will see how your predictions go. Winning those worthless games threw our plans off. Everyone wanted TL now we are divided about what to do with the 2nd pick. I want nothing to do with Fields and leaning towards either Sewell or trading down. But not too far down. Putting alot of capital into high picks on offensive limeman don't make a ton of sense.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It's ok I looked at my sentence again and it was kinda jacked up and misleading

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Did Pederson do what he did at the end of the season so he would be fired so he could join JD in New York. What is scary is Gase did the same thing , they were in playoff contention, Gase got in a fight with Ross, the fins tank out of the playoffs. Ross fires Gase. Pederson gets to work with a qb in Wilson , who compares to a qb his mentor Andy Reid had so much success with. Pederson is not a bad hire. I have stated that our GM and head coach need to change the chain of command. Build a strong organization. JD and Peterson can do that if they work together. It is more than drafts and hitting on a few free agents , it is building a structure that defines our team. I do not think Pederson leads us to a superbowl win, he could though. What he could bring is coach up our team and establish the NEW YORK JETS CULTURE with JD. Then we can hire the guy to lead us to the next level. I believe we are two coaches away from winning

18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Guilty here too. But it's not like the idea wasn't based on some level of common sense: Quinn was coordinator for the league's top defense, helped put together The Legion of Boom, and held Payton Manning to a single TD in the Super Bowl two years prior. Nobody knew that he basically was what Rich Kotite would have been if he had the talent the Falcons have.

LAJet likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I have so many friends that are Eagles fans, this would be hilarious!

NCJetsfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.