Hawks loss good for draft position right ? (Jets get 23rd pick)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 9, 2021.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

And posters were dogging me for “doubling down” on my original Jamal smh post. He gets numbers, but he is not a traditional safety...he is an extra linebacker... poor ball skills, mittens for hands.

Brook! and hornblower like this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Our second 1st round pick is official........#23:)
    Better than I expected. I thought Seattle would at least win one game.

#42 BudJet, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The Michael Jordan pick! It’s such a nice spot. I was expecting 26-30 range so that’s a bonus.

some real impact players will still be on the board. I have a feeling that this draft will go down as the toughest draft of all time due to covid. There simply isn’t a normal body of work with the amount of games played, possibly no combine and who knows how pro days will work... whoever has a good grasp on this class could come away with a few hidden gems.

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

just suck his dick already and get it over with

Kidding kidding
    Please don’t ban me

it’s a line I use a lot with my friends

He dues know his stuff

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Who is "Legler" ?

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I believe we are 23.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

3 years of play-offs is not exactly "consistently" making play-offs. They didn't make play-offs for 3 years before that and then got in when #2 overall pick Wentz had Pro Bowl season and looked every bit as FQB, and MVP play-offs performance by Foles. When even a few examples you can find against it, actually support the need for a top play by QB, you know we need one.

Look at the QBs that advanced to divisional in play-offs: Mahomes (Future HOF, MVP), Rogers (future HOF, likely this year's MVP), Goff (#1 overall pick, 2x Bro Bowl 2017-2018), Brady (GOAT), Allen (top 10 pick, Pro Bowl this year), Lamar (Former MVP, Pro Bowl this year). Baker is the only one who has not been to Pro Bowl, and even he was drafted #1 and is having career year. The data is overwhelming, if you want to make play-offs and win there, you need a close to Pro Bowl caliber QB nearly every time. Yes, I know there are some exceptions, but the better the QB, the merrier.

#47 Borat, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Red Menace likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's #23 confirmed now. Better than I could have imagined during the trade and after first few games of the season. Looked like 30+ at some point. Started 6-1. Also looked really going going to play-offs on a 4 game winning streak. All and all, pretty much the best case scenario. Hoping next year will be similar.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I know we need one and I hope Jets find one, but they better put some weapons around their QB because no FQB has won anything on their own.

Every FQB has had a good Oline, defense, all pro RB, WR, TE.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Busy today. Will ban you tomorrow :)
    He is posting on TGG Forum. His handle is legler82

11. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

...plenty of franchise quarterbacks have had teams without good players around them, it is just that those QBs tend to elevate the players' play. Look at early Tom Brady...he didn't have great WR, RB, TE, and won multiple super bowls. It would be great to have above average players at each position, but it can't be an expectation and not a necessity to winning.

12. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

A good player will be there at 23

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Brady threw for 145 yards his first SB, he didn’t elevate anyone, it was an excellent Patriots defense that contained the Rams greatest show on turf and kept Patriots in game.

Even when Elway won his first SB he relied on Terrel Davis to carry the team, Elway completed 11 passes, again showing that a FQB needs help, they can’t do it alone.

I agree that a FQB can elevate his teammates, however a team needs to be good in all three phases to allow the FQB to do his part.

This myth that a FQB can do it all by himself with below average talent or no talent around him is exactly that.

14. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

If you give a QB either a great defense and/or elite rushing game he would have way more chances to succeed. (See Rex Ryan Jets).

The browns won yesterday because of their rushing game and the Titans lost because they could not run the ball. QBs are almost irrelevant.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i wouldn't say irrelevant but the browns are basically the 2009 jets. baker is sanchez. but the team around him is good enough and baker just has to not fuck it up. If you look at the game yesterday he started up by 7 because the steelers spotted them 7 points on the 1st play with a bad snap.
    then their D got an INT, then baker threw a 10 yard pass to landry who took it 40 yards for the TD
    their defense got a 3 and out which led to a kareem hunt rushing TD
    defense got a pick which led to a hunt TD
    by the end of the 1st they were up 28-0 he had 5 completions for 69 yards of which about 45 of them were YAC.he had 24 "air yards" in the 1st quarter but a 28-0 lead life doens't get much better then that for a QB

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yeah.

a sollid chunk of Jet fans wanna Hostetler/Dilfer/McMCahon our way forward.

just thought "solid chunk sounds like vomit content description"

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's not Baker's fault the Steelers shot themselves in the foot with turnovers, poor defense and bad QB play for most of the first half.

Sanchez was below average in 2009, Baker was above average in 2020.

#57 CotcheryFan, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  18. GasedAndConfused

he was pretty bad this weekend on the loss. what's his excuse for that? the D held the high powered chiefs offense to 22 points tied for the 2nd least amount of points they scored in a game this season and more then a TD less then their season average. The run game averaged over 5 YPC and despite only running less then 20 times still had over 100 yards and a TD.

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

To be fair their d held Mahomes to 22 points in a little more than a half and then a Henne led offense more or less scoreless. Not exactly anything to write home about.

20. GasedAndConfused

he was knocked out midway in the 3rd with 19 points. henne scored the last 3 for them in 1.5 quarters. baker only led the browns to 3 points in the 1st half then got picked off on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter where the cheifs took over at the browns 19 and the D held them to 4 yards and forced the FG which was missed. When mahomes got knocked out it was 10-19 only down by 9. henne led them the rest of that drive to make it 22-10 and cleveland was only down by 2 with 11+ mins in the game. then the D came up with an INT giving baker the ball back down 2 with 8 mins left in the game. he ate up 4 mins of clock to gain 12 yards and 0 points. never seen the ball again. this loss was on bakers bad performance. Everything was perfect for him. D held up great. mahomes got knocked out. he just couldn't move the ball. he was even bailed out on his turnover.