Rumor: Deshaun Watson will ask for a trade

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Poeman, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

Why, exactly, would Watson want to be traded from the 4 win Texans and go to the 2 wins Jets and into a state that is going to kill him in taxes.

next dream.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If he went to Atlanta, I would happily take Ryan and trade back the number two for a shit ton of picks and then look for a young QB over the next couple of drafts and have him sit and learn and get ready to take over.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You have to think not in terms of points value, but real value. For example, #1 pick this year is worth more than it has ever been, because it represents Trevor Lawrence. #2 represents Fields, which is like a great #1 pick in most drafts. I do think Fields needs to have a good game against Alabama if we want to maximize value. That is not guaranteed, since he will play injured, and Alabama had 10 days to prepare for him being immobile, which he usually isn't. But say he does end up having a good game again at the highest stage and even wins as a dog again. Then I don't see Fields (and change) for Watson as such a rip off, and an actual realistic possibility in terms of value offered if Watson demands a trade.

rickjet and REVISion like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree, and thankfully, I think JD will as well.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'll rent a bus and we can all ride down together to Houston just to drive him to the airport. Woody better send a private jet. That'd be a no brainer.

Watson slightly hurts his own trade value to the detriment of the Texans by requesting a trade. And he'll hurt it anymore if he gets loud about it (doubt he will though).

dawinner127 and Borat like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We have Perine and Johnson. Adams will be a FA, but will be cheap. Add Harris and we have our WR corps.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agree, there is almost no chance of this happening, but going with this rumor, NY market does offer marketing opportunities that other don't. There was even an article posted on this board at some point where it was much more profitable for Lawrence to come here vs Florida, even though they also have less taxes. As far number of wins, we had two wins with by far THE WORST play at QB in NFL. Particularly towards the end of the season when youngsters got some experience and O Line jelled, if you plug in Watson, we are better than Houston today and have a lot more capital for future.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The first sign of trouble? They have been giving away assets for years.

He's looking at the future and seeing there's no way the team will be able to rebuild around him.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He will end up like Stafford as the franchise wastes at least two years of his prime.

Watson played amazing for most of the season and the team barely had a chance in most games.

Tough to feel that bad for him though. I have no idea why he signed that extension.

GQMartin likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Ya BoB's run of personnel mishaps the last couple years is legendary. It's almost like he was trying to sabotage the team from within.

GQMartin likes this.
  11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

The Texans won’t even be so bad next year. Don’t know why they would consider this. I would sooner trade WATT.

12. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see Watson with us... the price that the Texans would demand would probably be an instant no from me and I just don't think JD is going to want to throw all of his draft capital he spent his first 1.5 years accumulating on a non rookie contract QB.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'd do it only if we traded away all the seattle picks we got for adams (2 1sts and a 3rd) so it would be like trading adams for watson. we could also throw in sam like we got mcdougald back. then we can trade down from 2 for more picks anyway.

with that said you guys are way too QB crazy. watson and stafford are living proof a pro bowl QB doesn't mean your team will be good. meanwhile the rams are a playoff team with crappy goff and the bears almost made it with trubisky and foles rotating at QB.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It would depend on what it costs. I'd give the #2, their first 3rd, Darnold, and next years 2nd 1st rounder.

That said, I seriously doubt if Douglas will do any trade for him. I would be ecstatic if he became a Jet however.

15. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I’d be ecstatic to get him. Would offer the #2 overall this year, our first rounder next year and Darnold and not blink.

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What? Straight up? Watson is a top 5 QB in the whole league. You’re giving minimal two first rounders, one being #2 overall and Darnold. And probably more.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not only did the Bears almost make the playoffs, they actually did make the playoffs.

Ptflea2, ouchy, Borat and 2 others like this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You think the Texans would trade him straight up for the #1 pick for Lawrence?

19. Jordan bell

Jordan bell New Member

too much? We haven’t had a franchise qb since chad Pennington. Send the absolute house if he’s available.

20. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Sign me up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.