Worst Jet Team Ever??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 4, 2021.

?

Were the '20 Jets the worst Jet team ever?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I have heard Cimini and others make this point and it always makes me laugh. Sure, the 1-15 team had some talent on it, but we sure as hell didn’t know that in 1996!

Hopefully ten years later we are looking back at the 2020 Jets and saying “geez that team had Becton, Mims, Crowder, Quinnen Williams, etc. how did Adam Gase only get 2 wins”?

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Williams and Crowder are the only ones on your list who are veteran talents. Becton and Mims are rookies. You can't point to them and say Gase should have won games with rookie talent. The 1996 squad had Adrian Murrell, Wayne Chrebet, Richie Andersen, Neil O'Donnell, Keyshawn Johnson (rookie), Webster Slaughter and Jeff Graham on offense. On defense they had Aaron Glenn, Ray Mickens, Mo Lewis, Chad Cascadden, Marvin Jones and Victor Green (one of my all-time favorite Jets.) While none of these are HOFers there is more than a mediocre level of veteran talent represented among them that should have won more than 1 game. IMO the current squad was lucky to win 2 games.

NYGANGGREEN and Fiftynine like this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The moment you find yourself easily naming the talented players on your team, it's a bad sign.

ouchy likes this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Many awful teams in the 70’s, with Al Woodall, JJ Jones, Bob Davis and early Richard Todd

Cman68, BrowningNagle and westiedog1 like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Have to agree... But AG IMHO was the worst jet HC ever and there are some really winners, like Charly Winner, Coslet, etc.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Who my dad always called Walter Slaughter. Sorry this was not the most useful post in here.

Centiment and westiedog1 like this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Mo Lewis was injured in the 2nd Quarter of the Jets' lone win of that season. He and Marvin Washington sacked Kent Graham for a 9 yard loss, and Lewis tore a pectoral muscle on the play.
    He was part of the first 8 losses, but not part of the last 7.

Borderline useless information, I know--but I remember thinking Mo was the only Jet to finish well that year. He went out on a big play and with a win.

ouchy, Fiftynine and westiedog1 like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

All good stuff. For some strange reason, I don't remember too much about the individual games that season. I just remember thinking, how could this team have won only 1 lousy game all season. BTW, Hugh Douglas was on that team too.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they won 2 games but easily could've won 4 or 5. The Raiders, Patriots and Broncos. Definitely not the worst team in franchise history.

They played hard to the end too which is more than I remember of Herm Edwards last year, those guys won 4 games but quit on the season

ouchy and matt robinson 17 like this.
  10. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

No, Kotex and his 1-15 squad take 1st prize.