Darnold, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Dec 28, 2020.

?

Fields, Wilson or Darnold

1. Fields

22.0%
  2. Wilson

26.3%
  3. Darnold

31.7%
  4. Other - Explain

10.8%
  5. Watson: 3 1st's

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Haskins was a pocket passer with a character problem. Fields is an all-around threat with Kobe-like drive. Not comparable.

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It's really strange that we haven't heard anything about Fields' injury. It was already messed up that they didn't give him medical attention during the game and just pumped him full of drugs, but to not have any news on a diagnosis three days later is weird.

I'm pretty certain the kid shouldn't have been playing after the initial hit during the game, so I suspect he's really damaged right now. But college football and a warrior's personality mixing can conjure the perfect storm for some pretty stupid decisions.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

We're all speculating, and wildly so, but let's see how Fields handles Alabama before we all jump out the window.
    For the record I'm not sold but I hope he balls out even if we have no intention of taking him.

Pags2112 and ouchy like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that strange. College football teams have no obligation like professional teams do to release medical reports. Games can start before it's realized that a player isn't playing a game by way of the sideline reporter.

It can't be anything more than a deep bone bruise though. It looked awful, but I do not believe he'd have been able to play, or throw as effectively as he did with broken ribs.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

saying he has average arm strength isn't saying it's weak or an issue. it's saying he's no josh allen, jay cutler, etc.and yes when your 1 read is consistently wide open it makes it hard to judge how you will progress to the NFL

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If he balls out, how can you not take him?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

"One read."

8. GasedAndConfused

and I can find a few clips to make sam darnold look like peyton manning. what's your point? you can cherry pick whatever you want. every QB shows flashes. it's college. look at the body of work and life as a QB has been very easy for fields. he won't get that in the NFL

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I may have heard him wrong, but didn't the OSU HC Day tell Fields that he "has to go back in and play? It may have been Fields telling Day that, but it sounded to me like it was Day telling Fields.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You are entitled to your opinion. If you call drafting a TOTAL of just THREE offensive linemen in FIVE drafts (two in round 5 and the other late round 3) an "average drafter," I would like to see your idea of what makes a bad one. As I recall in 2019, the jets had the fewest number in the NFL of draft picks still on their team since 2015 (MacCagnan's first draft) and also had the highest number of draft picks since 2015 already out of the league. I also remember watching MacCagnan's 2017 draft on TV and could not believe with all the holes the jets had that he picked 4 DBs and 3 receivers in that one draft, but not one offensive linemen or defensive linemen. He must believe the game is played exclusively outside the numbers. But, as I said, everybody has an opinion, and you are entitled to think whatever you want of him.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  11. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I'm here for the speculation reads lol. Fields clearly has talent but one can also see the mistakes/reads he makes. The Championship game will be key, but the true decision will come down to who will best fit whatever system is put in place by Coach "enter name" and JD. Scheme and talent go hand and these days .. I wouldn't also be surprised if we sign a vet and sit the Rookie QB for 3/4 to a full season.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

It's called supporting evidence to an argument. You said he's a one read passer. I disagreed. I supported my argument.

Not really sure how you can argue that life has been easy for Fields and not for Lawrence though. Clemson has a top 15 recruiting class every single year as does Ohio State with a bevy of NFL players on both rosters.

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Cherry pick? The guy just threw 6 td’s vs. Clemson. You can use that whole game.

tomdeb likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

15. GasedAndConfused

People have short sighted looks. we look at our team in a bubble. any mistake is blown up while mistakes of other GMs go unnoticed. it's easy to shit where you eat and assume that the other side is nice and clean.
    Did we not just watch JD take a safety in the 3rd when we had adams and maye and bigger needs. Or james morgan in the 4th?
    Did we not watch him pay kalil 9 million for nothing?
    Did we not watch him let robby walk and bring in perrimen who sucked while robby finished 15th in the NFL in receiving yards?
    All Gms make mistakes. even the best ones. the draft is a crap shoot. But to pretend he did nothing good in the draft is disingenuous and is just typical fanboy hate all those who failed unconditionally.

16. GasedAndConfused

I seen it. he threw to wide open WRs all game. stats are nonsense. it made people think baker mayfield was the next drew brees. college stats don't transition to the NFL

17. GasedAndConfused

I said lawerence had it easy too and never got the hype on him either. You can't support an argument with 3 plays from a guy who has thrown over 500 passes. I can pick 3 plays form darnold to make him look like aaron rodgers yet he we are talking about replacing him

edit: here watch how easy it is

What the hell is this to lose a huge game?

or this awfulness

What did that prove to you?

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Sorry but this is just a terrible take. Mac was a horrendous drafter. Go look at the % of his early picks that weren't even in the league 3-4 years after he drafted them. It's astonishing. It's one thing for a guy not to work out with the Jets but to not even be on ANY team?!

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Fields is Haskins comparison is lazier than Haskins himself. Haskins wishes he could be as talented as Fields.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Not sure why anyone is even entertaining GasedandConfused, he’s clearly confused.

He says Fields has a weak arm; if you watched Fields play on Friday it was anything but weak.

Says Mac was an average drafter meanwhile Mac isn’t even in the NFL anymore. If he was average then he’d have a job.

He said the Chargers are a terrible football team. Yes, a terrible football team plagued with injuries and god awful special teams play that finished 7-9. They’re a playoff team next year without a doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.