Live Tweets for Chris Johnson 1/4 Presser

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Jan 4, 2021.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

About effing time.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the JJ Bros finally realized they need a FB man in charge of things and will change the org accordingly. My hope is this will be the case and that they will hire a CEO coach of the ENTIRE team..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I've taken this post by a person on another another forum. But I think has some good insight

Jets79, Brook!, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if Campbell left Iowa State.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This sounds great all around. I really feel it has a chance of working this time. And yeah, getting a roof would not suck either, really it should have been included from get go. Better late the never though. Things are looking up for the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and GQMartin like this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's Iowa, there is no reason to be shocked

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am seeing a trend here.

I do not want to say this and put my foot in my mouth later, but it seems like they have finally realized what we have all been begging for.

If this is the case, we might be seeing a dramatic change for the better right now.

GQMartin, Noam, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

sure hope so...it sounds like they may finally feel that they have the right guy in Douglas and just let him run the entire football operation. I hope it works out that way.

JD has not been perfect by any means but I think he’s the best we’ve had in a long long time

Noam, REVISion and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The one thing we may be eternally grateful to Adam Gase for are the reports that he strongly wanted Joe Douglas on board. May have helped push for the 6 year contract of Douglas to get it done.

Jets1035, REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well , a change is definitely in the air

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

There philosphy is to build through the draft and resign there own players?Then why trade Jamal Adams and let Robby walk.Not to mention the carrer year Leonhard Williams just had...What did we even get out of that trade?Is the player we drafted even on the team?All i heard was what a great trade that was....But we got nothing out of it.This is why i dont want to trade out of #2 we will end up drafting guys whos names we cant even remember two years later.

12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I mean Quinnen Williams looks way better than Leonard Williams, so I'm fine with that. Not to mention John Franklin-Myers and Fatukasi looking fantastic as well. I'm fine with the Leo trade, I think it worked out. Adams got the Jets a fantastic rebuilding stockpile , and Anderson leaving is really the only disappointing decision out of all of those in my opinion.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I was happy to get rid of Leo. He was a lazy cat with the Jets and his replacements worked well. I was also happy with Robby leaving but apparently I was wrong and so was Douglas.

Not every decision will work though we have to accept the fact. This was Joe's first full year on the job and he showed promise.

Let's just hope he will make some good decisions going forward.

AJW, Frenbar and REVISion like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We should have kept Big Fluffy and Big Cuddly together, I think they would have developed into a fearsome tandem once we dumped that turdmunch Gregg Williams and finally converted to a 4-3 base.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We will see....it seems like we give lip service to drafting and keeping our players but we only draft them. Half of those turn out to be shit, and the other half that are good, we find a reason to NOT sign them. This goes back a long ways with us...John Abraham, Santana Moss, Laveraneous Coles, Darrell Revis, Sheldon Richardson, Keyshawn Johnson, Etc. Jamal Adams and Robby Anderson are just the latest in a long line of good players we drafted or signed as Free Age TMS that we didn’t keep.

so here’s hoping that we actually start living up to BOTH sides of that strategy going forward, by actually signing the few good players we draft instead of finding reasons to let them go.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wow! There is a big message in that letter that is not put into words. Has anyone ever seen such a letter that does not throw in the almost obligatory "we thank coach so and so for his dedication and hard work and wish him the best going forward"? Simply an oversight? I don't think so. Looking for a "great communicator," rather than a guy who talks to no one? Talk about the new coach being "most importantly...a partner with all of us to further develop a successful and winning culture." Yeah, no more of the coach on an island somewhere by himself. This smells like the situation was worse inside than we heard about.

Any word on the lapdog Loggains?

Borat likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The thing is what the Ravens are doing is not in any way new - it was the standard for years and there's a reason the pendulum is swinging back that way. The head coach job is too big and if that guy is also calling all the plays on one side of the ball he's losing touch with the other side. There's simply too much going on and the boss needs to keep his eyes on everything going on in the business.

Longsuffering88 and Red Menace like this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If you want to hear the call

REVISion, GQMartin and Borat like this.
  20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jets fans have been conditioned to accept a sub-standard product for so long that selling them a bag of shit is as a piece of cake.