The end of an Error - The Gase years are over! (GASE officially FIRED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nothing against Sherlock Holmes lol, the scene is from Life of Brian where a prisoner is to be stoned to death for saying "Jehovah," but the executioner accidentally says it, and the crowd stones him instead. So when @patleahy was trying to trick you into saying ********, it reminded me of that scene.

Noam, K'OB and Cman68 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I do remember that theme from "Life of Brian"... Originally thought being a fan of Sherlock Holmes deserves being stoned to death. :)

Red Menace and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Yes, but if the owner goes over his recommendation while knowing zip about football, what's the point?

4. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Surely he was tasting that fire Johnson & Johnson Fentanyl Patch ..

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Last night when I saw that -that - fool was fired, I immediately when to the bar, made a Manhattan and sat in front of the fire place to savor the moment. My wife, of all people, said to enjoy the moment. having read every post and stopping from time to time to LOL, I have to say that the last HC was the most universally disliked, which was and is certainly warranted, that I can remember. I am in the camp that thought it was a very bad hire and I say, good riddance.

My thought regarding the Johnsons are that they really do care but are just football ignorant and made some really, really, bad decisions over the last 10 years. I think as others have pointed out, they will defer to JD to vet and make the recommendation. That is all you can ask for.... If JD can emulate his initial draft (which I think was good except maybe the #4 pick) by finding a new coach, then we should all celebrate.

ITS A DAM GOOD DAY IN JETLAND ...

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

:eek:.....Whaaaaaatttt ? Has Saban lost his frigging mind ????????

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

$24M guaranteed?

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I knew Bowles was garbage. The guy had the personality of paint drying. This is one area I like to see the new Jets coach excel in. Get these players and fans excited. Plus be competent and innovative. Look at our last successful head coaches. Bill Parcells and Rex Ryan. Look at the bums we suffered with Bowles Gase, Mangini. Guys that needed to have their pulse checked.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. boozer32

This time we have to hope we get it right. Never saw what Gase was bringing to the table. He wasn't innovative and certainly didn't motivate people. Best thing he did was get Maccagnan fired but even then it was too late because we took our 1000th defensive tackle in a row. So where do we go now offensive guy? defensive guy? special teams guy? college? Me right now want no part of a college coach unless he's the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh. Even Walsh paid his dues as an assistant in the pros first.

egelband and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thank god, i feel like for the first time in quite a few years there may be hope for this piece of shit franchise

boozer32 likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

props on the Manhattan!

that’s been my drink of choice for a while now as well!

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's what you said - your words: "If he goes through the hiring process and recommends a HC, and they refuse to hire the man he recommends for whatever reason, he could quit." And you said that in response to Brad who said Douglas was not quitting.

That's what I responded to. "Go back and read the thread."

I agree 100% that Douglas would not be quitting and also believe there is no reason for the Johnsons to not heed the advice of Douglas. All they need to do is sign the papers and write the checks; writing the contract is probably Hymie's responsibility; they don't even need to get ink stains on their fingers.

#252 Ralebird, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    boozer32 likes this.
  13. boozer32

All the papers say Douglas and only Douglas will hire the next coach. This was the best news I heard in months. Just look at the trees that sprouted Douglas experience the Ravens and Eagles. I hope he will get it right for us. We're overdue.

alleycat9 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Even though the Jets seem to have done their best to avoid common sense over the last fifty years it would be near impossible to do so now. All this talk is much ado about nothing.

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Amazing isn't it? Cast your mind back two years and there was barely a poster on this board supporting the Gase appointment.

Now within 24hrs after being fired after the most predictably inept tenure he's being linked with a premium coaching role at Alabama.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Always jobs for failures when you have mates in high up places.

UK_Chilts likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no way... nick saban is the failed coach rejuvenator though. i dont think even saban can fix that dummy. simply because of the way the brain of a narcissist works.

UK_Chilts and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

With Gase, I assume he has a great knowledge, understanding of the game...he probably talked a great game. But he doesn’t coach it well. That’s the thing with a head coach. Knowing the game is one thing, but getting a team to do it, is another thing. It was pretty obvious from the get-go that it just wasn’t gonna happen. I think a guy like David Quinn for the Rangers is kind of the opposite. He’s a good, maybe great communicator and leader. Maybe not a huge “Xs and Os” guy, but a good Coach. Hockey isn’t as much of a strategy sport as football. Football has to be the toughest to coach. Need the leadership and the strategy.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What went wrong was what was always wrong from the beginning: Gase is not a good coach. He got where he was by riding on the coattails of greats like Nick Saban and Peyton Manning and benefitting from ridiculous luck in close games as the Dolphins coach, which is why he wasn't exposed sooner. The whole "Gase is an offensive genius" narrative was nothing more than a marketing tactic he ran with for as long as it lasted; in reality, he has fewer Xs and Os skills than almost every other offensive coach in the NFL.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.