Dolphins get 3rd overall pick thanks to Bill O’Brien

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetFan20, Jan 3, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I agree 100% MrJet80 with everything you said except for the Shuler part....Heath Shuler went to Tenn, not Bama...haha ;)but your point about Bama QBs is well-taken. Personally, I always felt Tua was overrated as a pro prospect, and am not surprised at his struggles....meanwhile, out on San Diego, Justin Herbert is setting rookie QB records.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Oh geez ....you’re right but I could swear I’m thinking of another QB...I’ll have to research.

And yes Tua was defiantly overrated ....

EDIT I got mixed up between Shuler and Mike Shula ( Don’s son) LOL. I stand corrected - Tua was the first legitimate AL QB prospect since Todd to be drafted in the first round but no Alabama QB has gone on to a SB in a starter’s role since Stabler.

#22 mrjet80, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  3. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Agreed this year, but maybe not in the future.. Tua had a decent completion percentage-ish (~66% for the year) but too many short passes. He often seems afraid to throw downfield. But that's not uncommon for young QBs, and also not something that he could grow out of. Accuracy came along later in the year.

I am not at all sure they will be better with another QB there than Tua at this point.