Dolphins get 3rd overall pick thanks to Bill O’Brien

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetFan20, Jan 3, 2021.

1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Wonder what they do. Tua looks pretty underwhelming, but will they move on after one season?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Replace Tunsil with Sewell or go WR

3. facorsig

facorsig New Member

Trade #3 for several picks....thats how dynasties are built, not single players

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What dynasty has there ever been without a top QB?

Aa far as the Phins are concerned they could feel OK about taking a QB given all of the draft capital they have. Tua isn't that much of a sunken cost given that fact.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Sewell would help fix a lot of their offensive line woes - it's been dreadful this year. Devonta Smith would fix their receiver problems and he has the Tua connection.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tua had a bad game today, but he still threw 10 TDs to 5 INTs and finished with a passer rating of 87.1. So I think they either take Sewell or trade down if someone's particularly interested in Wilson at 3. (I'm assuming the Jags take Lawrence and Fields goes second to either us or a team we trade the pick to.) Also I'd find it hilarious if there's anyone on TGG who thinks the Dolphins should move on from Tua, but the Jets should stick with Sam after three years, all of which were statistically worse than Tua this year.

6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Not sure what this has to do directly with the Jets.... But! Miami is in a great spot to set themselves up for the next decade. I mean even without the #3 pick they were building a solid foundation

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I look forward to battling for 3rd place for the next 5 years.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

While true, he hasn't looked good at all honestly. For example he was 17/22 for 94 yards and touchdown against the Raiders. That's good for a 99 passer rating but he was pretty bad in that game that they again opted to call the reliever in. Same thing versus Denver (81 passer rating).

Snoopdogg likes this.
  9. facorsig

facorsig New Member

Patriots proved dynasty without top draft picks or big name college QB. Guys who play behind crap offensive lines get the shit beat out of them, I dont care what your pedigree is

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

No matter what happens this offseason I cant help but think we're in the AFC East Basement next year...again.

I think it mostly depends on the Patriots and how they rebuild this offseason. Belichick gets way more credit than he is as a drafter and I think they need to make big splashes to be competitive again, something Belichick also doesn't do.

For the sake of my own mental health I hope we are competing in most games and are trending up next year. Maybe something like 6-7 games coming off of this year with 2 wins is fair. In 2022 though all bets are off though. Douglas and our new head coach better take us to the playoffs. No more excuses.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He was still better than Sam. Plus he's a rookie; imagine if the Bills got rid of Allen because he finished with a 67.9 passer rating and more INTs than TDs in his rookie year. Murray over Rosen was one thing because Rosen was hopeless, and Murray was a really good prospect. There's a big difference between that and Tua vs. Zach Wilson.

mrodriguez4096 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Yes. It depends on what the Dolphins think of Wilson or Fields, whomever ends up available at three though. The Bills picked 9th the following year without a real viable QB on the board (I don't consider Haskins as viable as he was over-drafted).

The Dolphins are in an interesting position in that regard. What worries me a bit about Tua is that he seems too laid back. Fitzpatrick got benched and he was pissed. That gets benched and he seems to shrug it off. I get the good teammate thing but I hope he's pissed behind closed doors because I like him.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Miami picking third puts us in a great spot to trade down with the Bengals so they can take Sewell.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This was my point why I was extra angry at the Johnsons

While we were shitting the bed, Miami and Buffalo were hard at work.

Add in Bill B, and our division will not be easy no matter how good Douglas picks this year.

there is no time to waste

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

We are discussing moving out of the 2 stop to acquire more draft picks and building our team around Sam 9 tds -12 ints yr 3 ,yet the fins 10-6 with rookie qb 10tds 5 ints need the qb

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When did this happen???

17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Fins do not want Sewell. They have 3 rookies starting on the o-line

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s a troubling trend if you’re a Dolphins fan. He looked lost and quite underwhelming today.

Alabama hasn’t exactly spit out any QBs worth noting since the Stabler days. After Stabler it was Todd and we all know how that turned out. Shuler was supposed to light the world on fire back in the early 90s and he flopped.

Jalen Hurts ( who left Alabama for OK after Tua took over the starting job ) has actually looked a little better at this point.

patleahy likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

It is. And to be fair to him his offensive line has been dreadful. But Fitzpatrick was thriving in the same situation.

They should've kept him on the bench all year. I do think playing him creating a bit of a tug-of-war in that locker room as it wasn't a move made because he put them in the best position to win games. It was more of a tryout and I really don't think Flores & friends thought they'd miss a beat while transitioning. Boy were they wrong.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Fitz's play is a big reason they won 10 games.