The end of an Error - The Gase years are over! (GASE officially FIRED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think sometimes on these things its like experimenting in the chemistry lab. Sometimes you mix stuff together and it really works. Other times you just kind of make a foul smelling gas and decide its time to clear the room and go get a coffee.

I should add though that this time I at least thought there was a chance this might work out well. When coach Bowles was hired I just never had any more positive thoughts than "what the hell is that going to accomplish?" And I actually like Bowles. I just never saw what the hell it was supposed to accomplish, and years later I'm still not exactly sure what the hope was.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was an awful hire from day 1. A hire that set the franchise back years and completely ruined the most talented QB we’ve had since Namath. What should have been the start of something great ended up being the beginning of the end. The worst coach in Jets history on so many levels.

I’ve been waiting for this day since the day we hired him. Good fucking riddance.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It will be fun watching today's game.

Win or lose we still have the 2nd pick. And knowing Gase is gone immediately after just feels so right.

5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I still won't believe it until I see the offical announcement from the Jets, this franchise has let me down too many time already!

Section 336, FlaJet, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

A wise thing to do to let him go after today’s game. Hopefully the Jets FO have conducted thorough research on the HC options and let JD make the call.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As excited as I am... this. I don’t know how anyone can trust that this franchise will do the right thing considering the last two years.

Jets79, FlaJet, IIMeanDeanII and 6 others like this.
  8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

100% mate. But I am allowing my optimism to rise a little.

Cman68 and Leicester Jet like this.
  9. Cman68

THE ONLY OPTION Chris Johnson has at this point. His "offensive genius" statement must be a painful thing to have thrown in his face weekly. We won't even go into "he's coaching to where football is headed" nonsense. Chris Johnson has become the NFL's version of the Village Idiot and you have to think he wants to shed that tag.

SOJAZ, Jets79, tomdeb and 3 others like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The doubling down of calling Gase a genius will never be erased from Jets fans minds no matter what he does, or how long he lives. He completely and utterly cemented his ignorance with that comment.

SOJAZ, barfolomew, Jets79 and 4 others like this.
  11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

In hindsight, what a terrible decision to hire him. I was willing to give him a chance, even though it bothered me that the Jets straight up hired him after being fired/let go from the Dolphins, so Gase never took the time to reflect on what went wrong there.

Maybe Darnold would have sucked regardless, but Gase was the worst coach for him. Shame.

Jets79 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong I’ve been a fan for 40 years - I remember just about every game and all the highs and lows. For a guy like me who watches from afar (tv) and enjoys conversations on this board - it’s still funny. I feel for the fans who sit in those cold seats year after year spending hard earned money on PSLs, parking etc. and still have to digest articles like this. It’s all true. Its much harder to find humor because not only are all of these silly stories true but they lay out what bumbling fools the Johnsons truly are.

I really hope they stay out of the way and that JD can straighten this mess out once and for all......

Cman68 and Terminated117 like this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Should have never been hired... Compounding that mistake was CJ's comment that essentially prohibited him form firing this stooge during the year. Get the F***ing bum out.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They won't. Whatever they do, they'll screw it up and we'll be right back here in 2-3 years looking for another head coach to fix the next QB that we ruined.

16. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

This franchise fuckin sucks! The second a win won't HURT the team, they start losing all over again!!! I hate these bastards.

17. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

FlaJet likes this.
  18. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You know when a team wins the SB and tips the barrel of water over the coach in celebration, well how about ours tip Gase in headfirst and hold him down for a little bit, say 10 minutes or so, just to make sure he isn't coming back.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and Cman68 like this.
  20. Cman68

Waiting breathlessly for the news...