Darnold, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Dec 28, 2020.

?

Fields, Wilson or Darnold

1. Fields

22.0%
  2. Wilson

26.3%
  3. Darnold

31.7%
  4. Other - Explain

10.8%
  5. Watson: 3 1st's

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree with all this except trade Darnold too.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, its over the top, but hey, we're Jets fans. This team has driven us all nuts. You expect rational behavior from a bunch of self-loathing masochists? ;):p

ouchy and K'OB like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That’s why I don’t want to trade back or up, Jets have 10 picks in this years draft, Joe D has plenty of picks to fill holes in this roster without reaching. If he finds 3 or 4 players like he did last year it’s going to be a home run.

4. NCJetsfan

Find better or more knowledgeable buddies. LOL He may have been pulling your leg, but if not, don't trust his football acumen.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

This is off-topic, but I hope after tomorrow's game and Gase is fired that all you guys with Gase in your avatar will change them. I'm sick of the sight of him and we need to exorcise the demons from his being here. I'm gonna change mine and get one without Sam.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not really but I thought I'd just put it out there lol

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Seeing his crazy eyes still pisses me off.

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

at this point id settle for 2TD and 300 yards which hes only done THREE times in 37 games....
    Which is part of the reason im ready to move on. Very few great games or even above AVERAGE games.

azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think I figured out where we aren't on the same page is that I am still holding out hope that our FQB is on the roster and you have clearly moved on. Both of our opinions I believe hold true if the mindset on our current QBs differs. If you believe in JD so much (I do too) why do you think he drafted Morgan? Clearly he saw something in him, not to mention I want to see this offense post Gase. I truly believe he is a major reason for the struggles.
    My son got to go in the tent with Hackenburg, got a selfie with Darnold so maybe it's just me being selfish and hoping Sam turns it around. If we draft Fields and my son sees him at training camp I'm gonna tell him to stay tf away from Fields :p

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Trade Darnold if you get a 1st or 2nd. He’s better than a 3rd and cheap for 2021.

hobgoblin and JetsKickAss like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah. We meed ammo to trade for disgruntled playmakers. rookies take time to develop.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

How about Darnold and our 3rd from Seattle for Pitts #1?
    Would that work for you?

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

No doubt his numbers haven't been impressive, but this is how many offensive players the Jets have sent to the Pro Bowl since he's been here:

Receivers - ZERO
    Tight Ends - ZERO
    Backs - ZERO
    Linemen - ZERO

Has any other team accomplished that? I honestly don't know.
    And maybe even more importantly ... nobody will be mistaking any of his coaches for Bill Walsh.

The Jets drafted the guy #3 overall, and have proceeded to put nothing around him.
    If we draft Fields, I won't even be a little surprised if Sam goes somewhere else and puts up big numbers next year.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

This is the picture that sums up Fields' personality to me. He's like an ultra-competitive sociopath. He cares nothing about feelings or emotions, he's there to destroy and win.

[​IMG]

JetsKickAss likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yes

ouchy likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Good point. I like Sam. My problem with him is this. I think in order to fix his issues and come anywhere near fulfilling his potential, he needs to sit next year and focus solely on fixing all his shortcomings. That would be hard for him to do, and most NFL HCs don't have the pedagogical background I do and so don't know that you can't fix basic fundamental problems while a player is preparing for games each week and playing. Fixing those mechanical/footwork issues takes focused work, thinking about that and nothing else, until it becomes second nature and is ingrained in muscle memory. One cannot be thinking about throwing motion or footwork while one is playing and trying to execute a game plan and win. I'm not even sure that Sam can fix his deficiency of not being able to see the whole field or read Ds. If he can, I think he's going to have to sit and watch tons of film with a coach pointing out what the correct reads are and how to spot those reads. With his contract situation, the Jets cannot pick up his 5th year option. Sam would also have to learn the new offensive scheme so how is he going to have time to work on his issues? Thus, if I'm correct, what is the point in bringing back Sam for 2021? To fix him for some other team and then see him walk in FA? The only point in bringing him back is if they make a total commitment to him for the foreseeable future and not only pick up his 5th year option, but extend him. No one in his right mind would do that with the way he has played. They would still need to make him sit next year and the QB coach would need to spend all of his time with Sam. They'd need a veteran to play next year while Sam sat. Morgan would be the backup.

If you were the GM, would you commit to Sam for the foreseeable future and base your career on being able to fix Sam? I sure wouldn't.

I think JD drafted Morgan to be a career backup and/or a developmental type because he has potential. GMs usually don't draft QBs in the 4th round or lower to be their starter.

I agree that Gase was a big part of the offense's and teams struggles. There is still a serious lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. The Jets will be changing offensive scheme with firing Gase and hiring a new HC and OC. The team will have to learn that new scheme, and hopefully, it will be one adapted to fit their abilities. It wouldn't be wise and would be grossly inefficient for the new HC to devise a system/scheme built around Sam for one season and then Sam leave. The HC/OC would then have to perhaps make major changes to fit a new QB in 2022 or 2023.

I'm sorry, but imo there is no sound fiscal or football reason to keep Sam and hope that he develops. This is the time to get a new QB and build the system around him, and reset the QB cap. It's unfortunate that things didn't work out with Sam. He's a great kid and is talented, but that's what happens when you have imbeciles owning the team and making the important hires and decisions. Keeping Sam would just compound all the mistakes that the Johnsons and Mac made. Emotions must be removed from the equation if one wants to win.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Let’s be honest though, has any of these announcers ever said anything bad about college prospects? I personally have never seen it, all they do is praise them, even Ryan Leaf was praised.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but they don't be praising like that

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You've got this the wrong way round. Sam's supposed to take these bottom feeders and make them so good they are considered Pro Bowl worthy all on his own.;)

ColoradoContrails and truthbtold like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.