How are you coping losing TL?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 29, 2020.

?

Your coping level right now?

1. Fine--over it

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Terrible--lost our chance for Broadway Trevor

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Excited--never liked him

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I remember when many TGG posters refused to criticize Mac up to the day he was fired.

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Nothing is guaranteed and football is the ULTIMATE team sport. Even Montana couldn’t win 8 games with this team.

therefore I got over it pretty quick

build the TEAM

get a good HC

the rest will fix itself

papapump and ouchy like this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The best comparison I can give is the 2004 playoff lost to Pittsburgh. Similar to Doug Brien’s missed field goal, we were so close to achieving greatness. I was mad about that for a week and missing out on Trevor Lawrence has made me feel about the same.

LAJet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Mark Brunell

guy was Steve Young Jr. I’d take him in his prime over ANY Jets QB besides Namath.

Noam likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Vinny's achilles for me

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Zero fucks given tbh.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm not mad for some reason. Lawrence has a very punchable face so I am looking forward to hating on him.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I was pretty set on TLaw and was mentally locked in on having the first overall pick.

It took a few days to get over, but we can't turn back time and we can't bitch and moan about it either. We have the 2nd overall pick, and a bunch of cap and draft picks to work with.

The main concerns aren't even not getting tlaw its the ramifications of not getting him. With him you automatically attract the top of the top, now we have a pretty undesirable HC position. The best way forward is to allow the HC a lot of flexibility. Whoever they hire should be ok with getting rid of Sam or keeping him. To me it seems like the biggest question that needs to be answered.

10. Waiting Since 68

Waiting Since 68 New Member

Vodka

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So what would you give the Jags to swap picks? Whether the Jags would take your offer is a different question, but if you really think TL was our Lord and Savior, and without him we will be wondering the desert for 40 years drinking warm beer and eating deep fried manna, what do you think Joe Douglas should offer Jacksonville to make Trevor Lawrence a NY Jet for life? Our picks we got from Seattle? More?

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It would take a lot, to the point where I can't see myself agreeing to it. We need all of the picks we can get.

13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The way I see it, it was never in the cards for us to get TL. Even if we made it to the last game of the season we would have had to lose to a shifty Patriots team. 1) the Rams played their worse game of the season & we beat them hands down. 2) the Browns were playing their best football & the covid19 virus hits them & we beat them. 3) then there is the Patriots game. Normally a team in the playoff hunt will have nothing to play for & it wouldn't surprise me if we beat them. Time to move on, beat Patriots & make the HC job more desirable.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I asked what would you trade....not what Jags would demand. In your opinion, how much is TL worth to you? What would you offer?

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I completely understand people being disappointed. I wanted this guy as well. But the idea that there is no other route to a competitive team apart from one, single college quarterback is just ridiculous! The last time there was such a great prospect was Luck, apparently. How many Super Bowls did he take his team to?

There are many ways to build a good team. 31 teams in the NFL will have to find a way without Trevor Lawrence. He might not even turn out to be that good, who knows.

The real question we have going forward is whether or not we have a GM who knows what he's doing. If we do, he will find a way with a different QB. If he doesn't, then having Lawrence would not have made any difference anyway.

16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is a question I raised a while ago. If TL is THAT good, and if the team is sold on him, we have a lot of draft capital to offer.

Some people were advocating trading out of the No.1 spot even if we had secured it, because of the huge haul we could've received. Would Jacksonville be willing to take for a hatful of No. 1s, because we have a hatful. A lot can happen between now and the draft. Stocks rise, stocks fall. This is a long way from being over.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Could be said for how freakin good of a year Trevor had and how Sam has nobody. Damn

#58 WoodyHarrelson, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Jets never had Lawrence.

When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose -
    Bob Dylan

20. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

It hurts. It was a chance for our team to get instant respect, a future to look forward to. I’m used to it though, the Jets always find a way to bring you down to earth.