Last 3 games mean more than you think

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Dec 28, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't, but in an odd way, that's the very reason I feel so confident that Gase is gone and Douglas is in charge. Even without doing his homework (which I believe he did), I think he knew immediately upon meeting them that the Johnsons were imbeciles, and the only way that he would ever take the Jets job was if he had complete control going forward if Gase didn't work out. Why would he have taken this job otherwise? Even if he wanted a supreme challenge, with them in charge he was doomed to failure. The only way he could possibly succeed would be on his own terms. He is widely respected around the NFL. A couple of teams had contacted the Eagles about interviewing Douglas during the offseason and prior to the draft, and the Eagles turned them down. He knew that he would get offers from other teams. He had a good job with the Eagles. I'm absolutely convinced that the only way he took this job is if he calls the shots.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He may deserve credit for helping them develop, but they've actually played at a higher level since he was fired.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Winning these last two games has hurt the coaching search, not helped it. I still think the Jets are an attractive landing spot to new HC but they are no longer the best landing spot which they would’ve been if they finished the 0-16 season.

The Jets will likely be the 3rd most attractive landing spot for a new HC behind Jax and Chargers.

apjbfc and REVISion like this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

WR: Crowder, Mims
    OL: Becton, Fant, Mcdermott, Elfein
    DB: Mayes, Austin,Farley,Maulet,Hall,Guidry
    LB: Mosely, Hewitt, Langi
    DL: Frank-Myers, Q, Fatukasi, Shepherd

This is a 19-man base of solid players to build around. Other guys may be McGovern,Berrios, Wesco, Perine,Cashman

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

javelin guidry looks good too. Lamar jackson has potential as a nickel/dime back. I think 1 CB is good enough for us. have him and bless on the outside. hall and guidry on the inside and lamaar jackson for depth

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

This isn't aging well, even less than 24 hours after....

KWJetsFan likes this.
  7. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I think it's why a lot of us are advocating to use almost all major assets on the offensive side of the ball this offseason, especially with a rookie QB. Just give me a defense in the low 20s next year and we can build on that as long as thew offense gets an infusion of talent.

Aside from some of the defensive re-signings and looking for a FA corner to add, here's how you build an offense for the next 3-5 years. I know it's lazy to not but specific names on draft picks so I'll take the my bad on that.....

- Resign Crowder
    - Sign Thuney
    - Sign Robinson
    - Keep Elfein
    - Keep McGovern
    - Keep Fant
    - Draft QB at 2 (I want Wilson personally but can be persuaded on Fields based on his playoff performance)
    -Trade Sam for a 2 and 4/5
    - Use Seattles First Rounder and both 2s (1 in a Darnold trade which I believe we could get) on combination of Interior O Line, another WR, RB
    - Use 2 third pound picks on TE and a Offensive Tackle
    - rest of draft on defensive side of the ball for depth

Gives your new QB Robinson and Mims outside with Crowder and Rookie WR, New TE and Herndon, Rookie RB and Perrine and one of the current young RBs and a rebuilt O Line.

Next year find that pass rusher and impact corner in the first round

#27 88toon, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    matt robinson 17 and REVISion like this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Thank God!!! This will be the happiest I will ever feel being totally wrong.

JETS1116 and NYGANGGREEN like this.